Beat the Heat (D2, EA)

Re: Beat the Heat (D2, EA)

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:05 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:Yuki shook her head quickly. "I've never traveled like that. I couldn't say. I only just achieved my gempukku. I'm certainly no one important enough to be taken on such a journey." She paused. "Besides, horses are lovely creatures, I think. Do you... think that if I marry into the Unicorn I would be granted one?"

A brief nod; "It's quite possible, as long as you show the ability to care for the animal. I imagine whomever finalizes the marriage arrangements can factor that into whatever agreements are made."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:22 pm

Kitsune Kumahime wrote:Kumahime listens to the conversation between bites, opting not to mention her grandmother's tortoise soup recipe to the worried pet owner. "I thought cheese was a Dragon invention? They do something to preserve goat milk?"

"Is it?" The Hare cocked her head to the side. "I've never heard of it before until yesterday... But I've never met any Dragon before until recently either, and never spent any time in their lands."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:A brief nod; "It's quite possible, as long as you show the ability to care for the animal. I imagine whomever finalizes the marriage arrangements can factor that into whatever agreements are made."

Yuki smiled at that. "I'll have to hope so then." She paused. "So the Unicorn do maintain nakodo's then? I wasn't sure if such a tradition would be among your clan."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:50 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods along. "Having knowledge like that would be valuable to the Unicorn and you personally. There are so many rules to polite Rokugani society, I suspect it would be complicated to be launched in." She pauses. "The Scorpion or Crane might be ideal in that way. On court etiquette, there can be no greater masters. Though I do not know how they feel about animals larger than a cat."

Glad that she did not bring up the rather awkward mistake of his Champion, he replied "I've heard much the same, but haven't seen many women of either clan here." He thought back a moment "Unless some of those Scorpion I've seen are actually women? It's hard to tell with those masks sometimes." He put the thought to the side for now. "Regardless, I'm sure they will understand the beauty of horses if they spend time here, and I am of course willing to help them learn to ride."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:52 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:Yuki smiled at that. "I'll have to hope so then." She paused. "So the Unicorn do maintain nakodo's then? I wasn't sure if such a tradition would be among your clan."

"Someone needs to compare lineages, make sure there is no overlap. Attempting to track hundreds of years of bloodlines is not easy work; our nakodo tend to do good work." He replies, moving to take the bucket away from Mori so he doesn't overindulge in the heat.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Yuki tilted her head slightly. "Why do your nakodo track your lineage so closely?"

Asako Yuki

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:43 pm

"One of Shinjo-Kami's commands. We're not to marry within our bloodlines." He nods a bit at that.

"Has made for a number of interesting matches over the years, and more then one headache for the Ide."

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods along. "Having knowledge like that would be valuable to the Unicorn and you personally. There are so many rules to polite Rokugani society, I suspect it would be complicated to be launched in." She pauses. "The Scorpion or Crane might be ideal in that way. On court etiquette, there can be no greater masters. Though I do not know how they feel about animals larger than a cat."

Glad that she did not bring up the rather awkward mistake of his Champion, he replied "I've heard much the same, but haven't seen many women of either clan here." He thought back a moment "Unless some of those Scorpion I've seen are actually women? It's hard to tell with those masks sometimes." He put the thought to the side for now. "Regardless, I'm sure they will understand the beauty of horses if they spend time here, and I am of course willing to help them learn to ride."

She nods. "The masks can be confusing. I recall seeing one woman from the Crane clan in the area of yurts where I stay." She looks at his horse. "I am sure that would be advantageous. Your steeds have a way of speaking to their advantages. They have an immense grace."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Yuki thought at that for a moment. "Ah, I think I see. Even with the numbers of the Unicorn, without heavily marrying into native populations, there was the risk of deformities." She nodded some. "Is that why the edict was that none of you here will be allowed to marry a Unicorn?" Her head tilted to the other side.

Asako Yuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods. "The masks can be confusing. I recall seeing one woman from the Crane clan in the area of yurts where I stay." She looks at his horse. "I am sure that would be advantageous. Your steeds have a way of speaking to their advantages. They have an immense grace."

He smiles broadly. "I'm glad that you like them, Matsu-san. Have you seen the steeds of the Shiotome though? Truly magnificent." He hurriedly looks back to his own mount, almost like he was afraid that it would understand and take offense. "Not that the rest of our steeds are lacking. Far from it. Just that there is always something that shines more brightly."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods. "The masks can be confusing. I recall seeing one woman from the Crane clan in the area of yurts where I stay." She looks at his horse. "I am sure that would be advantageous. Your steeds have a way of speaking to their advantages. They have an immense grace."

He smiles broadly. "I'm glad that you like them, Matsu-san. Have you seen the steeds of the Shiotome though? Truly magnificent." He hurriedly looks back to his own mount, almost like he was afraid that it would understand and take offense. "Not that the rest of our steeds are lacking. Far from it. Just that there is always something that shines more brightly."

She nods vigorously. "Who could not?" At his second question, "I have not as yet, though I have hopes of one day doing so. I have heard they are the pinnacle of the horses of your Clan."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:51 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:Yuki thought at that for a moment. "Ah, I think I see. Even with the numbers of the Unicorn, without heavily marrying into native populations, there was the risk of deformities." She nodded some. "Is that why the edict was that none of you here will be allowed to marry a Unicorn?" Her head tilted to the other side.

A small shrug at that, as he starts to adjust the saddle.

"Could be. This kind of...free for all so to speak, wouldn't work within the clan. Wasn't given any firm reason though."

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:38 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods vigorously. "Who could not?" At his second question, "I have not as yet, though I have hopes of one day doing so. I have heard they are the pinnacle of the horses of your Clan."

His eyes lit up and his words sped up a little "Oh, indeed they are. Magnificent creatures, truly magnificent. One of my first tasks after my gempukku was helping to guard one of the Otaku heirs, Otaku Kitakuhime-sama, who is also attending." He paused at the namedrop for a moment to determine reaction before continuing "During that time I was riding together with a number of the Otaku, and got to see them up close. Such power and intelligence... Some say that they are actually descendants of Shinjo herself, and while that is likely not the case, I can understand why they may believe that."

His eyes had glazed over a little. Clearly they were into fanboy territory here.
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:33 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods vigorously. "Who could not?" At his second question, "I have not as yet, though I have hopes of one day doing so. I have heard they are the pinnacle of the horses of your Clan."

His eyes lit up and his words sped up a little "Oh, indeed they are. Magnificent creatures, truly magnificent. One of my first tasks after my gempukku was helping to guard one of the Otaku heirs, Otaku Kitakuhime-sama, who is also attending." He paused at the namedrop for a moment to determine reaction before continuing "During that time I was riding together with a number of the Otaku, and got to see them up close. Such power and intelligence... Some say that they are actually descendants of Shinjo herself, and while that is likely not the case, I can understand why they may believe that."

His eyes had glazed over a little. Clearly they were into fanboy territory here.

Kogo watched as his excitement built. A small lump in the pit of her stomach developed. He seemed very invested in the Otaku and the heir. Perhaps he was already in love with someone else? "I had heard the Otaku heir was attending but have not met her yet." She paused. "They say they are descendants of Shinjo? But how could such a thing be possible?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:36 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Kitsune Kumahime wrote:Kumahime listens to the conversation between bites, opting not to mention her grandmother's tortoise soup recipe to the worried pet owner. "I thought cheese was a Dragon invention? They do something to preserve goat milk?"

"Is it?" The Hare cocked her head to the side. "I've never heard of it before until yesterday... But I've never met any Dragon before until recently either, and never spent any time in their lands."

"I haven't heard of it either." And the Dragon were something of neighbors to them. "But then I've spent quite a few years and crane land and even if the Dragon had it I doubt they'd bring it there."

"I suppose anything is possible though."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field