Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Re: Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:04 pm

"Sounds like he and my own sensei would have gotten along," she chuckled. "He even gifted me with a pet-tortoise, as a small joke."

"Oh yes, I very much enjoy stories. Both the historical ones, and the more mythical tales. I had the honor of listening to Shinjo Hanashi-sama's tale yesterday... and I hope to have the chance to hear many more stories from the Unicorn during my time here. And of course, I can share in return what I know."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Meanwhile, Hotaru is still observing one of the more civilized games of Go that were in progress, half-hidden behind the shoulders of slightly taller samurai. It probably wouldn't be so bad if she could make heads and tails of the game. The basic rules were easily enough to knew, but as the game drew on, it became a strange elaborate puzzle of white and black. She didn't know why certain plays were happening for a reason, just each side were nibbling on each other's pieces. No wonder Lions like this game...It's just a bunch of black and white dots.

((OOC: Kind of lost now. Please PM for Hotaru's attention. ^_^))
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:16 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Sounds like he and my own sensei would have gotten along," she chuckled. "He even gifted me with a pet-tortoise, as a small joke."

"Oh yes, I very much enjoy stories. Both the historical ones, and the more mythical tales. I had the honor of listening to Shinjo Hanashi-sama's tale yesterday... and I hope to have the chance to hear many more stories from the Unicorn during my time here. And of course, I can share in return what I know."

"A tortoise? Why?" Dong-Ha chuckled, trying to figure why anyone would give someone a tortoise. Other than to perhaps give them something to cook. Lizard meat was tender, but tortoises seemed more tough. "Ah, I am afraid I cannot compete with his stories." Dong-Ha admitted shyly. "I am no story teller, I just know some old tales and legends." Which was to say that he had the necessary information but not the skills to spin an exciting story. "But still, perhaps we could meet again? I could even take you to a ride, if you wanted?" Dong-Ha offered with a slightest gleam of mischief in his eyes.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:20 pm

"Ah well... maybe you haven't heard the story of the tortoise and the hare?" she giggled a little. "Still, he also thought that a slower companion would remind me to slow down from time to time."

"Old tales and legends sound interesting too... I'm certain there must be many of those from beyond the borders. And I'm not much of a storyteller myself, at least not like he is, but I try to make the effort if it helps people be more interested in learning history."

She smiled shyly but met his gaze. "I would like to meet again, yes. And perhaps even go for a ride, even if you would have to bear with my unskilled attempts at it."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Ah well... maybe you haven't heard the story of the tortoise and the hare?" she giggled a little. "Still, he also thought that a slower companion would remind me to slow down from time to time."

"Old tales and legends sound interesting too... I'm certain there must be many of those from beyond the borders. And I'm not much of a storyteller myself, at least not like he is, but I try to make the effort if it helps people be more interested in learning history."

She smiled shyly but met his gaze. "I would like to meet again, yes. And perhaps even go for a ride, even if you would have to bear with my unskilled attempts at it."

"Umm... yes. I just didn't connect the fable with... your clan." he felt stupid and it showed as red crept on his cheeks again. "Of course, it makes sense now." Dong-Ha paused for a moment. "Your sensei wanted to remind you that steady pace wins the race?"

"I don't know how interesting I can make them, some of the older legends are somewhat... dry." he's fingers drummed the goban ever. "But I do want to hear more about the Empire.. and how it has changed during our absence." Dong-Ha nodded eagerly. "So we should definitely exchange stories, if only to learn to understand each other." the double meaning behind the words was lost on the young mystic.

"I can do the riding, you just need to hang on."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:03 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:
Moto Baatar wrote:"What?! Black gets ninja?!" Baatar complained, outraged. "Uh... my elephants will charge the black lines to try and break through!" Selecting what appeared to be the biggest white stones (though actually, they were all the same) he started trying to create a breach in Udo's forward positions.

Udo picks up some of his black stones.

"The powerful charge breaks through my lines!" Udo begins acting panicked. He looks left and right. He stands up and sits down.

"While your forces are cheering their victory, they miss the samurai scaling the back wall." Udo places stones on the opposite side's castle walls. "It will soon be a glorious victory!"

"The attackers break into the castle courtyard and begin killing the courtiers there," the young Unicorn acknowledged as he picked up two of the white stones. "But as they die, they .. uh... poesy on the samurai and make them feel bad for killing them." Baatar was... fairly sure that was a thing here in Rokugan?
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:04 pm

Shiba Kaizen wrote:Seeing the currents between the Matsu and Moto almost as a physical thing he replied, "The Phoenix always value peace and your conversation would be most welcome Iuchi-san. I have not had much chance to speak with members of your Clan as you likely experienced the time of the Unicorn is in rather high demand, as one would expect."

"Perhaps more than I expected actually."

She motions for a place to sit before sitting herself.

"But then, I am not sure what I expected really."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:22 pm

Iuchi Yukarin wrote:"Perhaps more than I expected actually."

She motions for a place to sit before sitting herself.

"But then, I am not sure what I expected really."

"Expected of the miai, the samurai of the Empire at large, this current... party?" Seeing all that was going on he continued, "I can relate it seems if that is your meaning Iuchi-san. Perhaps we can help share what we know and make some sense of it all?"
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:31 pm

"Hai... perhaps making sense of this party, if nothing else. I did not expect other samurai to be so... passionate this publicly. You at least seem to be taking it all in stride, Shiba-sama."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:39 pm

Kaizen tilted his head slightly, "In stride? Not really I am not the host or clansmen to either party and so long as their 'passion' does not spill over into violence among others I can try to politely ignore it. Some will see advantage in their inability to control themselves as those more politically inclined often do. The rivalry between the Empire's left and right hand may cause more pain for the Matsu than the alcohol come morning."

The Shiba sighed, "They were drunk before the games started. Among the Crab in their own halls this would likely result in nothing. Though a gathering like this anything could happen."
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:45 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:"The attackers break into the castle courtyard and begin killing the courtiers there," the young Unicorn acknowledged as he picked up two of the white stones. "But as they die, they .. uh... poesy on the samurai and make them feel bad for killing them." Baatar was... fairly sure that was a thing here in Rokugan?

Udo laughs out loud. "I'm fairly sure they would!"

He picks up a few of both of their stones. "It would seem that the black army has begun to honor the bravery of the white army, and are calling for peace."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:52 pm

Shiba Kaizen wrote:Kaizen tilted his head slightly, "In stride? Not really I am not the host or clansmen to either party and so long as their 'passion' does not spill over into violence among others I can try to politely ignore it. Some will see advantage in their inability to control themselves as those more politically inclined often do. The rivalry between the Empire's left and right hand may cause more pain for the Matsu than the alcohol come morning."

The Shiba sighed, "They were drunk before the games started. Among the Crab in their own halls this would likely result in nothing. Though a gathering like this anything could happen."

Yukarin nodded at the man's words, "Well, I believe there is a certain kind of virtue in being sincere with one's emotions, a belief I think may be somewhat more common amongst my Clansmen then the rest of the Empire. But even if that is true, there is a limit to such things. Still, as you say, it is as much about how things work out in the end as to what takes place; It is just as well things are not being clamped down on as of yet. For multiple reasons."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:58 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:
Moto Baatar wrote:"The attackers break into the castle courtyard and begin killing the courtiers there," the young Unicorn acknowledged as he picked up two of the white stones. "But as they die, they .. uh... poesy on the samurai and make them feel bad for killing them." Baatar was... fairly sure that was a thing here in Rokugan?

Udo laughs out loud. "I'm fairly sure they would!"

He picks up a few of both of their stones. "It would seem that the black army has begun to honor the bravery of the white army, and are calling for peace."

"Despite the great victory on the killing field, the loss of the stronghold gives the white commander reason to agree to peace," Baatar replied with a sense of relief. "Shall we call it a draw?"
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:00 am

Moto Baatar wrote:"Despite the great victory on the killing field, the loss of the stronghold gives the white commander reason to agree to peace," Baatar replied with a sense of relief. "Shall we call it a draw?"

"I see no other way." Udo bows to his opponent. "Well fought."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:13 am

Togashi Udo wrote:
Moto Baatar wrote:"Despite the great victory on the killing field, the loss of the stronghold gives the white commander reason to agree to peace," Baatar replied with a sense of relief. "Shall we call it a draw?"

"I see no other way." Udo bows to his opponent. "Well fought."

"Well fought," Baatar echoed, standing up to offer a handshake ... then awkwardly converting the motion to match the Togashi's bow.

"I never realized Go was so interesting," he commented. "If I had known there were ninja and elephants and stuff, I would've learned how to play a long time ago."
Moto Baatar

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts