Day 3 [LM] Taking The Field (Expecting)

Re: Day 3 [LM] Taking The Field (Expecting)

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Suteichi did not laugh or even smile. He simply sipped his tea and looked at her.

"Charming man."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:24 pm

“You get joke, yes? Less funny if I have to explain,” she says confused. She sighs and returns to eating the jerky unsure of what else to say and looks to Imane.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:32 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“You get joke, yes? Less funny if I have to explain,” she says confused. She sighs and returns to eating the jerky unsure of what else to say and looks to Imane.

"I got the joke it's just that you tell it so well that the laughter is forgettable. Otaku-sama, please continue." he said turning his attention back to the Otaku.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:58 pm

Imane found the interplay between Khulun and Suteichi fascinating. It wasn't so much two worlds colliding... More like a horse trying to communicate with a camel. She had a vision of every future winter court and inwardly sighed.

"Oh. Well that was it really. Top of my class. Otaku Kitakuhime-sama and I were in the same year, have you met her? She really is delightful! We graduated together last year."

There was a light smile playing on her lips as she looked at Khulun. "My father mentioned the Black Jackal in some of his fanciful tales. I was never sure if he was just outright lying or embellishing for the audience's she. We shall have to compare notes... Another time perhaps, I am sure Bayushi-san would rather speak of something else, and he has been kind enough to provide tea and...". She looked at the sweets. "... Some very interesting foods. What are those Bayushi-san?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:06 pm

"What I have are some simple treats. Chinsuko which is like a cookie and daifuku. Daifuki is a common treat of rice and red bean paste. Please, try some. I will attempt this... kumi is it again?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:13 pm

“Kumis, fermented from milk, very potent,” she says with a chuckle.

“I should have brought yogurt, bah, next time.” Even before the Scorpion finishes the Moto princess has a mouthful of sweet bean treats and says, “I love these!”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:41 am

Doji Fukawa wrote:Fukawa looks up from the ground briefly at the Moto before returning her gaze groundward.

"Trained phrases and fans are important too, Moto-san. There is more to honor than honesty. True, without honesty, one cannot be honorable. But you cannot live an honorable life just focusing on one of the tenets of bushido." she replies. "My trained phrases and fans are not here to deceive you, Moto-san. No more than wearing kimonos rather than going about naked does."

"Clothing gives warmth and protects from elements. If Doji Fukawa went naked into the plains Butaj would be the first to share his furs to fend off cold winds. Butaj may accept things that obscure Doji Fukawa from Butaj are important but still doesn't understand why they are so." Butaj pulls on his beard, genuinely trying to figure out the rationale of Rokugani social games.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:14 am

Fukawa nodded.

"Your words remind me of a story I would like to share with you, Moto-san." she offers.

Assuming that the Moto didn't behead her or otherwise object to the story, she told him the story of Gusai.

"In the early days of the Empire, the Mantis were a people, but not a clan. They made a great deal of wealth, they were fierce warriors, but for all that, they were not recognized as one of the clans of Rokugan.

In 429, a man named Gusai was the ruler of the Mantis at the time. He was the first Mantis leader to be summoned to the Imperial Court, where he patiently waited for the chance to address the Son of Heaven, Emperor Hantei Kusada. The Emperor's courtiers regarded Gusai so poorly that he was left to wait while many others gained audience. Finally, after many days, Gusai got the chance to present the tribute to the Emperor in person. He took his chance to express his distaste at the court's flowery ways and endless talk. "Speech and action are the basis of governing," he told the Emperor, "They can move Heaven and Earth....but they are not as strong as steel." The Emperor smiled at Gusai's wit, and said, "Show me that steel is stronger, and I will make you a lord of my court."

At that, Gusai swiftly drew a hidden dagger and touched it to Kusada's throat. The court gasped in shock, but the Emperor smiled. "Very good, Gusai-san." he said. "You have proven your point. Steel is strong enough to make you a lord of my court." He proclaimed Gusai the first Champion of the Mantis Clan, lord of the isles of Silk and Spice, and the founder of a family which would bear his name. But as Gusai stepped back with a smile and a bow, the Emperor continued. "Lord Gusai, before you go, let me show you how much stronger a man's words may be." And with that he signed the order for Lord Gusai's execution. The new lord of the Mantis was carried away and beheaded, his body cast into the sea for the sharks. However, the word of a Hantei is law, and so Gusai's son Mori became Gusai Mori, the second official Mantis champion."

2 CR, 45

She looked to see what the Moto made of such a story.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:58 am

As the story progresses, disbelief turns into sadness on Butaj's face. His shoulders slump but he waits till the end. The story has affected him, no doubt, but maybe not how Fukawa intended.

"Is this how you easterners see us, as brutes putting a knife against the Emperor's throat? Butaj is crestfallen. He tries to speak with the heart and his outstretched hand holds no weapon but it seems to be making little difference." He turns his face away. "Butaj feels as if he is imposing on Doji Fukawa and she only bears his crude presence because of the specter of Unicorn military might. Butaj can't be sorry for who he is though." He tries to compose.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:43 am

Moto Butaj wrote:As the story progresses, disbelief turns into sadness on Butaj's face. His shoulders slump but he waits till the end. The story has affected him, no doubt, but maybe not how Fukawa intended.

"Is this how you easterners see us, as brutes putting a knife against the Emperor's throat? Butaj is crestfallen. He tries to speak with the heart and his outstretched hand holds no weapon but it seems to be making little difference." He turns his face away. "Butaj feels as if he is imposing on Doji Fukawa and she only bears his crude presence because of the specter of Unicorn military might. Butaj can't be sorry for who he is though." He tries to compose.

If it were anyone but a Unicorn, Fukawa would think they were overacting terribly. But, she was committed to try and help the Unicorn cause. She had hoped that the story would help Brutaj understand, but instead he felt it was an attack. She didn't want to talk to him as if he were a child...but if he insisted on taking that role....

"Moto-san, listen to me." she urged. "There are a great many qualities about you that are wonderful. You are honest to a fault. You possess a deep generosity. You have a profound love of life. You are an attentive host. You have a great singing voice, and are talented with your musical instrument. You are a strong warrior, and a fast rider. This and much more.

And these are not just your qualities. I see them in Shinjo Akil, in Moto Baatar, in Ide Amaya, in every Unicorn I meet.

You are our lost Great Clan of samurai, returned to us in our time of need. For this, the Empire thanks you."

She paused for a moment, to let the Unicorn react.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:06 am

Butaj looks at her with half-confusion, half-caution. He takes careful note of what Fukawa leaves out of her enumeration. That can fit in 'much more' still, but...

"Butaj is grateful for the praise. But Butaj senses a but." The corners of his lips curve up against his emotional better judgement even as the lower lip is held in a pinch that pushes Butaj's sharp stubble and beard forth.

Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:27 am

Moto Khulun wrote:“Kumis, fermented from milk, very potent,” she says with a chuckle.

“I should have brought yogurt, bah, next time.” Even before the Scorpion finishes the Moto princess has a mouthful of sweet bean treats and says, “I love these!”

Suteichi carefully picked up the kumi and took a sip. He fought desperately to not spew it out of his mouth. He promptly set it down.

"This...this is...wow...very, very different."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:51 am

This brings a wide grin from Khulun and she nods and says, “Mare’s milk, good for the body, yes? Very difficult to milk mare, takes much practice, then put in skin and beaten till much good… remove the butter and what is left is the kumis.”

She takes the skin and drinks some down and then says, “Want more?”
Moto Khulun

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:31 pm

While Suteichi was wrestling with the kumis Imane tried out the sweets that he had brought. She ate them delicately, the contrast with Khulun quite startling.

"Oh. These are delicious Bayushi-san! Red bean paste? It does not sound so appealing, but the taste is wonderful. I think I prefer the Chinsuko though, just slightly. Thank you for bringing these, Bayushi-san is most thoughtful don't you agree Sayedda Khulun?"

She smiled and watched to see if Suteichi would take another round of kumis.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Mother says to have proper etiquette soooo...

Suteichi begrudgingly took another sip. A second sip was as bad as the first. Horrible drink is horrible.

"Well that is enough for me. I thank you for the kind words and you are also most kind Otaku-sama. I would very much like for you to participate in the music event tomorrow evening."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields