Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Re: Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:13 pm

She blushed a little at his touch, and passed the stone back to him.

"But..." she hesitate a little and took a moment to compose herself from the blushing, "... I'm not sure I understand why the honored Iuchi-shiryo created this technique. He was a shugenja, like Isawa-shiryo, and so many of the other honorable shugenja who followed the Kami, at least according to the texts. Did something cause him to change from what he learned before, or is this more powerful?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:19 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:His poor go stones. He did manage to find a place where he could take one, though there hadn't been any forethought getting it to that point, just luck. "It is different from kumis. Less creamy, a bit harsher going down."

"Oh." Some concern comes across Mizuki's mind. "Kumis... is it like milk?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:19 pm

"It is, in fact, milk," he nodded, "just milk that has been fermented."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:20 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:She blushed a little at his touch, and passed the stone back to him.

"But..." she hesitate a little and took a moment to compose herself from the blushing, "... I'm not sure I understand why the honored Iuchi-shiryo created this technique. He was a shugenja, like Isawa-shiryo, and so many of the other honorable shugenja who followed the Kami, at least according to the texts. Did something cause him to change from what he learned before, or is this more powerful?"

If Dong-Ha was somehow bothered by the touch, he didn't show it. Perhaps the uncouth barbarians had less inhibitions when it came to natural interaction. Either way, Dong-Ha took back the amulet as Tomoe offered it, hooking it around his belt once more.

"Ah... and that would be because there are no kami beyond the borders of Rokugan. The Kami blessed this land and its people, but their blessings never reached the lands far away. The further the Ki-Rin traveled... the less Iuchi could do. And that is why he went to City of Sorcerers, to give us power.. when we had none. Or, so goes the legends." He felt he had told the same story now dozens of times. "I am not sure it's more powerful... it's just different." Not having the evidence, Dong-Ha was unwilling to make any claims he might regret.

"The more experiences the practitioner is, the more words they command... and the more potent their grasp of the elements become."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:20 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Matsu Nintoku wrote:"Not here." He shook his head "This is not the place to unsheathe a blade."

She nods to the Matsu, “As you say.”

She returns the blade still in the saya to her side. “Massacre can wound any creature, it is known.”

"With a name as powerful as that it better."

"My blade has no name." he revealed, he had not inherited his grandfathers blade as that honor had gone to his eldest sister instead receiving a normal blade from the clan "It kills just as well as any other though."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:23 pm

“Why not give it name?” she asks candidly.

“To name a thing is to give it firm purpose. Horse without a name is simply meat, but a name gives it purpose. Horse… sword… both important to serve, important things need names.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:If Dong-Ha was somehow bothered by the touch, he didn't show it. Perhaps the uncouth barbarians had less inhibitions when it came to natural interaction. Either way, Dong-Ha took back the amulet as Tomoe offered it, hooking it around his belt once more.

"Ah... and that would be because there are no kami beyond the borders of Rokugan. The Kami blessed this land and its people, but their blessings never reached the lands far away. The further the Ki-Rin traveled... the less Iuchi could do. And that is why he went to City of Sorcerers, to give us power.. when we had none. Or, so goes the legends." He felt he had told the same story now dozens of times. "I am not sure it's more powerful... it's just different." Not having the evidence, Dong-Ha was unwilling to make any claims he might regret.

"The more experiences the practitioner is, the more words they command... and the more potent their grasp of the elements become."

"Oh, I see," she wasn't disappointed or horrified, but rather seemed very intrigued and interested. "I wasn't aware there were no kami outside of the Empire's borders... but then, few have left the Empire and travelled as far as the Unicorn did, and then returned. At least that I know of."

And their magic seemed very different than the odd way of drawing upon the kami that she had seen the Fairuz perform.

"I look forward to hearing about this testing you and Isawa-sama will do. I'm certain your efforts will answer many questions both the Unicorn and the rest of the Empire have... and most likely present many new questions," Tomoe chuckled, "as that's usually what happens when one goes looking for answers."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:32 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Oh, I see," she wasn't disappointed or horrified, but rather seemed very intrigued and interested. "I wasn't aware there were no kami outside of the Empire's borders... but then, few have left the Empire and travelled as far as the Unicorn did, and then returned. At least that I know of."

And their magic seemed very different than the odd way of drawing upon the kami that she had seen the Fairuz perform.

"I look forward to hearing about this testing you and Isawa-sama will do. I'm certain your efforts will answer many questions both the Unicorn and the rest of the Empire have... and most likely present many new questions," Tomoe chuckled, "as that's usually what happens when one goes looking for answers."

"I wouldn't know of others, either." Dong-Ha shrugged. "Yet all the peoples we have met... have their own magics, all different, all potent." he turned one of his hands palm upwards, lifting it up as if to indicate rising powers. "That is possible." he nodded. "But at least we'll know what's the next question we want to figure out, neh." he quipped, smiling softly as curiosity gleamed in his eyes. "It's a new world for us... " his gaze drifted away from the Hare and across the tent. "...and I want to learn to know it."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:33 pm

Her words transported to a past where his idealism had made him think that, where he thought he would be a great warrior wielding a famous blade just like the Lion epics.

"Because I already have a name, Moto-san." he sentenced dispelling foolish memories of a past that didn't matter anymore "My sword is a tool. An effective tool but a tool nevertheless. My true strength lays on my honor and my tireless training."

"Perhaps one day," he sneered at the thought and said with an undertone of regret "I'm sure the Omoidasu would enjoy to add that verse to my songs."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:34 pm

She frowns briefly and places a comforting hand on his shoulder and nods speaking, “You have great name, which is not so bad, yes?”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:40 pm

The Matsu was thrown aback by the Moto's candid approach. He didn't know if it was the alcohol speaking or if he had started to warm up to the woman but her directness had begun to grow on him.

"Well," he said "your name is great isn't it? And I defeated you."

And then it happened, muscles never worked before begun to slowly twitch and pull as a very small smile surfaced in the Matsu's face. Was it the work of a direct Moto or was it the magic of Kumis? Probably a healthy dose of both.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:44 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"I wouldn't know of others, either." Dong-Ha shrugged. "Yet all the peoples we have met... have their own magics, all different, all potent." he turned one of his hands palm upwards, lifting it up as if to indicate rising powers. "That is possible." he nodded. "But at least we'll know what's the next question we want to figure out, neh." he quipped, smiling softly as curiosity gleamed in his eyes. "It's a new world for us... " his gaze drifted away from the Hare and across the tent. "...and I want to learn to know it."

Tomoe followed his gaze, a little drawn in that at least he seemed to share the same inquisitive nature and thirst for learning.

There were a lot of things she thought to say, but none made it to spoken form, as she felt them either embarrassing to say in this big gathering (even if few things would outshine the Moto and Matsu tonight), or because Dong-Ha might find them too forward.

"It sounds like many of us want to learn more - the Unicorn about the land they have returned to and all that has happened here, how this is different from where you have been more recently. As the rest of us wish to learn about what you have seen in your travels, what sort of wisdom you bring from beyond the borders..." her voice trailed of a little. So much to learn, so little time. She only hope she could be matched to someone who at least had an interest in the scholarly arts, even if it was a warrior.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:The Matsu was thrown aback by the Moto's candid approach. He didn't know if it was the alcohol speaking or if he had started to warm up to the woman but her directness had begun to grow on him.

"Well," he said "your name is great isn't it? And I defeated you."

And then it happened, muscles never worked before begun to slowly twitch and pull as a very small smile surfaced in the Matsu's face. Was it the work of a direct Moto or was it the magic of Kumis? Probably a healthy dose of both.

She nods and removes her hand and says, “You have won the first battle yes, but tomorrow is yet to be, Sayyed Nin-toku.”

His smile brought out a smile of her own as she replaced her hat.

“I am still going to eat your heart,” she adds with a laugh.
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:52 pm

"Tomorrow you will have another chance to justify your defeat."

He let out a small laugh

"I know you will... Khulun-san." he sighed happily "I know you will."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Tomoe followed his gaze, a little drawn in that at least he seemed to share the same inquisitive nature and thirst for learning.

There were a lot of things she thought to say, but none made it to spoken form, as she felt them either embarrassing to say in this big gathering (even if few things would outshine the Moto and Matsu tonight), or because Dong-Ha might find them too forward.

"It sounds like many of us want to learn more - the Unicorn about the land they have returned to and all that has happened here, how this is different from where you have been more recently. As the rest of us wish to learn about what you have seen in your travels, what sort of wisdom you bring from beyond the borders..." her voice trailed of a little. So much to learn, so little time. She only hope she could be matched to someone who at least had an interest in the scholarly arts, even if it was a warrior.

"Curiosity is a good thing, Usagi-san." he noted, offering the girl a smile. "Or that's what my sensei have told me. If one thinks one knows enough... one doesn't know much. It's better to have an inquisitive spirit than to assume that one has all the answers." At least they seemed to share some common ground, even if she wasn't a priestess. "I would be willing to share stories, if Usagi-san has interest for such things." Historians knew some stories, didn't they?
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts