Imperial Conversations (D3 EM Closed Hideo's Yurt)

Imperial Conversations (D3 EM Closed Hideo's Yurt)

Postby Seppun Hideo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Hideo had woken with quite a painful headache. Not the worst he'd had though, and the tea he had set up certainly helped sort the issue.

He quickly wrote up letters, and had them sent to his kin, and waited for them to arrive as he set up another pot of tea.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Re: Imperial Conversations (D3 EM Closed Hideo's Yurt)

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Aramoro made his way to the Yurt of the host. He stopped at the yurt entrance and waited for an invitation to enter. As he stepped in he gave a bow.

"Let me thank you for the invitation for tea Hideo-san. The aroma of the tea is most comforting amongst these... new smells."

Normally he would not look forward to any hot drinks in this heat, but the cool morning made it bearable. He moves to be seated, once seated he introduces himself to put a name to the face.

"This one is Seppun Aramoro" he bows his head slightly
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Lady Sun once more began her journey across the sky, and once more Otomo Tenzo was up early to take a morning stroll, though this time he walks with purpose in mind. Departing his humble yurt, he took a look around the encampment to see whom else might be up and about as he made the short journey over to Hideo's yurt where he waited for the customary permission to enter before doing so.

"Good morning, Seppun-sans," he greeted and offered each of them a respectful bow. "This one is Otomo Tenzo. It is good to have heard that my cousins are in fair number here."
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?
Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 2.5 | Courtship Points: 8

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Seppun Hideo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Hideo let each man in with a bow and a polite smile.

"Mina-sama, good morning. I hope you are both well? I am Seppun Hideo. It pleases me that the Imperial Families have such a presence here. My cousin, Seppun Hitako, has yet to arrive but I am aware she is here. Please, make yourselves at home, I have prepared some Ten Thousand Temples Blend for you all to enjoy."
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:22 pm

"Another cousin? How splendid," Tenzo commented as he found some empty pillows by the center of the yurt and had a seat. "It has been warm as of late, but still quite tolerable as far as walks around the grounds are concerned. I had opportunity to venture to the stables and lay eyes upon the Unicorn steeds - magnificent creatures, every one of them, even the younger ones still larger than the largest I've seen in our Miya cousins' stables," he added as he waited for the tea to be served.
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:44 am

Shortly a quiet clap was heard, as Seppun Hitako stood outside the yurt. When allowed in, she bowed to those present, introduced herself to those she'd not yet met, "Seppun Hitako, student of the Jade Champion", and found a place to sit.
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:19 am

Hideo smiled as he welcomed Hitako in. "Good to see you cousin, I hope you are well?"

Once Hitako had come in, Hideo took a few moments to pour tea for each samurai.

"I believe we are all here now? Wonderful. I hope you have all enjoyed the miai so far? Many unique individuals gathered here."

He nodded to Tenzo "and the horses. Quite spectacular animals, and the bonds the Unicorn share with them is very strong. The Miya will certainly be interested in seeing these animals."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:45 am

Aramoro had greeted the rest as they entered the tent. He perked up slightly when mention was made of the Jade Champion.

"Jade Champion? That is quite the office to be able to study under. Policing the misuse of magic in the Empire is a heavy responsibility."

"The miai has been very interesting thus far, it has been both a test as a groom as well as a test of myself. I must say I have found the few Unicorn I have met very peculiar. In a good way that is."

He takes a sip and nods in thanks

"Oddly enough, it has only been our older clans that I have had distasteful encounters with here."
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Seppun Hitako on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:28 pm

Hitako quirks an eyebrow as the other Seppun speaks. "Oh? Anything we need worry about? Or keep an eye on?"
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Hideo also leaned forward at that.

"Who has been causing these distasteful encounters?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:12 pm

"It was an older Phoenix-samurai. A shame really. An Asako. He had the audacity to correct me on my etiquette when I was conversing with the kami at the Emerald Champion Shrine. He claimed that I should be more respectful of a Unicorn samurai who was having a conversation near by. "

He took a deep sip before continuing.

"He said that the Unicorn might be offended if I speak to the kami. Denying my divine mandate as a shugenja for the sake of a new clan that is unfamiliar with the kami? Blasphemy."

He shakes his head with a frown. "But I showed courtesy, as a samurai must. I pointed out to him his flawed thinking and took my leave immediately to save him from committing any further disgrace.

But no, nothing to be greatly concerned about Hitako-san."
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Hideo managed to cover up a laugh.

"How ironic, a Phoenix lecturing you on magic."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:23 pm

"I would agree with Seppun-san's assessment regarding there not being anything too greatly concerning. However, there is still much that has been heard of and witnessed that has left me agreeing that it is those of the clans that have behaved quite disappointingly as compared to our Unicorn hosts," Tenzo added to the conversation as he too picked up his cup, took a sip, and thanked the host.

"At least for a time the Unicorn will be excused as they learn the traditions and ways of an Empire they have long been away from, but it appears as if those from the clans have been using this miai as an opportunity to engage in such behaviors as well. Despite this, there are also a number of them that have been diligent in teaching our distant Unicorn cousins, helping them learn, correcting them on misunderstandings, and so on. Some propriety is still being observed overall," he stated further before taking another sip.

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:20 am

Otomo Tenzo wrote: have been diligent in teaching our distant Unicorn cousins, helping them learn, correcting them on misunderstandings, and so on.

"Perhaps the old Asako thought I was a Unicorn, Otomo-sama?" He chuckles discreetly behind the teacup.

He puts the cup down once composed.

"Well that is my drama, is there any news from your side my cousins?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:18 am

"I have experienced little drama, thankfully. My only concerns are regarding the Hare storyteller usetting the returning Unicorn with stories about evil scorcers, and from what I hear telling tales about the Emperor being tricked by a Fox spirit."

A small frown.

"I spoke with a Moto on the first day who was truly concerned about Iuchiban and his followers. When did it become acceptable to speak of such things in public?"
Seppun Hideo

Next

Return to Northern Yurts