[Day 3 - LA] We could be Heroes... [Unicorn Preferred]

Re: [Day 3 - LA] We could be Heroes... [Unicorn Preferred]

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:46 am

Moto Khulun wrote:She thinks and says looking at the Iuchi witch, “The Herald… the Onyx Champion said we had a mutual enemy and would offer an alliance. This Kiyoshi will meet us face to face in three days time and wanted me to bring one of each family besides the Otaku, as Otaku-hime said no.”

“That was the terms as I recall, Great Saksaha.”

"Do we meet to hear his terms, or do we seal this alliance only by coming?" Saksaha presses a bit further. "What guarantees does he ask of us? One of each family, you say--if we come with jade and warning signals, then, will he hold himself betrayed?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:48 am

“We should wear jade but there is no call to make it so obvious, I suspect this Kiyoshi will do what they feel is best to protect themselves no different than us,” she says.

“We listen and decide, we are not bound just by being there. More than that I cannot say,” Khulun says honestly.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:54 am

"We cannot allow this 'Onyx Champion' lead us down a blind canyon. Regardless of who does or how we attend, agree to nothing. Anyone who will not allow us time to consider all the implications of a deal cannot be trusted to deal with."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:02 am

Ide Amaya wrote:"We cannot allow this 'Onyx Champion' lead us down a blind canyon. Regardless of who does or how we attend, agree to nothing. Anyone who will not allow us time to consider all the implications of a deal cannot be trusted to deal with."

"I agree," Khulun says.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:43 pm

Saksaha nods along to Amaya's statement.

"Perhaps we should consider now what happens if all cannot agree," she speaks up again. "It sounds that Otaku Kitakuhime-sama has already decided there is nothing for the Otaku to hear in the words of this emissary. Yet the Moto still wish to go, and needs must ask the Shinjo, Ide, and Iuchi to choose a side. Perhaps dividing the Clan is exactly his wish."

She taps her cheek with a finger, mouth set in unhappy thought.

"The words Otaku Chi-Pu-san brings from Ide Dabo-sama are also worth thinking on. This is our homeland by right, but the people here do not know us yet. Already Soshi Taira knows we are here talking of meeting this Onyx Champion. He says he will not speak of it--but secrets known are never truly safe. To turn the children of the other Kami against Shinjo's sons and daughters would be a great coup for the lost brother. Especially when we've come back here only because our Lady commanded us to join together with them against the darkness."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Monkhbaatar speaks up again. "You're correct in that these are our lands. And if there is a darkness here then we must meet it head on. Even if it's request to speak to us is under false pretenses. Because if we were to allow this darkness to wander our lands without going out to face it, for good or ill, then we would be doing a poor job of watching over it. We did not invite it, and we should do something to dissuade it from being here or remove it. If it just wants to share information and leave then let it... if wishes to spread dissent then present a consolidated front and let it know it will fail... if it wishes to ambush and destroy us then face it with courage and fight it the best we can. But doing nothing and letting it walk our land? That seems like the only option that is truly acceptable to me."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:02 pm

"We should drive it back, like we did to the Oni. Shinjo-san is correct, it is unacceptable to let the enemies of the Unicorn just roam free."

"The Otaku will prepare silently for war. We will be the lighting strike none expect, as Kitakuhime-sama has told this Champion directly the Otaku will not come. Though perhaps to allow the most accurate strike, information must be gathered. A scout of sorts."

She thinks for a moment and looks to Khulun.

"What if the meeting was not to accept an ally, but instead to set a trap? Would more be apt to attend?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:18 pm

The Moto princess nods and says, “It is our place as samurai to be servants and guardians of the land in the Emperor’s name. As Sayyed Monkbaatar says we should meet this challenge head on!”
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:38 am

Saksaha nods her head with an air of finality. "I will carry these words to the other Iuchi. They may have wisdom I do not."

She glances to the spot nearby where her mare is hobbled and grazing with the other horses, but then another thought turns her back. "Moto Khulun-san, there is something else I would speak with you about, if you have time."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:50 am

The meeting is ending, and she has somewhere to be. "I will think on this. Fortunes be good to you, sisters." She bows and excuses herself.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:24 am

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:Saksaha nods her head with an air of finality. "I will carry these words to the other Iuchi. They may have wisdom I do not."

She glances to the spot nearby where her mare is hobbled and grazing with the other horses, but then another thought turns her back. "Moto Khulun-san, there is something else I would speak with you about, if you have time."

Khulun seeing the others start to disperse motions for the Iuchi witch to come forward and says, “What is it, Great Saksaha?”

Oguro paces back and forth slowly as she waits for the Iuchi to speak.
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Saksaha waves a hand dismissively. "Please, let us have none of that 'great' stuff between us, Cousin. Too much unearned vaunting attracts evil luck. I had rather be great in deeds than words... someday." She smiles slightly, perhaps taking any sting out of the mild rebuke.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:59 pm

“As you say cousin,” she says resting forward on Oguro to better listen to the Iuchi.

“You wanted to speak?”
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:01 pm

"Yes." Saksaha nods. "It is about your weapon. Massacre, the red blade. My kinsman Iuchi Dong-Ha tells me he looked at it for you..."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:05 pm

She chuckles and says, “Cousin, I’m not a fan of dramatic pauses, speak freely.”
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields