Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Re: Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:54 am

She nodded to Asakiko as she moved along, and then looked back at Butaj. "The miai is going well, I think, I have met a few interesting people, and I'm very interested in your clan's return and what you'd bring to the Empire."
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:55 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"I may need some sake to some of them." Hmm... I'm sure a Lion bushi would have a different opinion of fun stories than Scorpion courtiers. May have to be careful with what I share.

She smiles. "Sake is sometimes fuel for the best of stories. Speaking of which, I have not filled my cup as of yet. Do you have any recommendations, having been here longer than I?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Butaj is slightly confused by sudden departure of Asakiko but rolls with it and looks at the Bunny. "And do you like those Unicorn things you've already seen or experienced?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:25 pm

Ichiro Daisuke wrote:He was indeed wearing an angry looking mon, on his simple kimono of grey silk, though she would not be the first it was unknown to. "Well that's easy enough." He said with a easy smile. "Was there something in particular you wished to know though?

"And it's a pleasure to meet you as well Otaku Imane-sama. I'd be happy to recommend a Sake, but I'd first ask if you preferred something a bit stronger, or one of those on the weaker side? Perhaps something in the middle?"

Imane seemed pleased by his response and nodded her head. "Well, I know so little about the minor clans you see Ichiro-san. I have met a member of the Fox, who were formed from those of the Ki-rin who remained behind. Also I was told there was a Dragonfly clan until recently. I suppose I would start by asking: what is the duty of the Badger Clan?"

As they moved through the tent she noted the rising anger of the Matsu she had met at the opening feast. Most of the others were unknown to her though.

"Hmm, sake, yes. I suppose something in the middle to begin with?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Moshi Asakiko wrote:
Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj's sake disappears like in a magic trick and in another magic trick the cups of all get refilled. "How is the miai going for you both?" He asks casually looking left and right.

Asakiko smiled. "I guess my fame is growing i have lots of people seeking their fortunes told."
She watch the host having a bit of trouble. Being a pacifist she could not let this escalate. "Excuse me.." She placed her flower arrangement next to where she was sitting and moved to Yuzuki.
Yuzuki wrote:
Matsu Yurio wrote:The stunned look disappeared so quickly it was hard to tell when 'stun' left and 'catastrophically angry' started.

"Little one? . . . . little . . . one. Do you make a habit out of insulting samurai, Kitsune-san or do you just spout the first idiocies that make it into your brain?"

#teenytinykittehfootstomp

Oh no...

"I'm sure no offense was intended by it, Matsu-sama. Kitsune-san referred to me as such as well upon our first meeting. She is impressively tall, so I imagine most people seem little to her, neh?"

Yuzuki tried her best to give a casual smile of the sort that would accompany casual small talk.

So he's got a complex about cats... and a complex about his height...

The Moshi was shorter than the Matsu she looked up. "Mantis sama is quite correct Kitsune sama tends to call many people little one. Perhaps Lion sama could let this one pass and enjoy what Mantis sama is offering this lovely evening that has been quite... interesting." She looked at Yuzuki with a polite smile and bowed to the three. "If you want to we can go for a walk. It helps me focus and try to meditate." Her voice was soft and carried the air around.

Oh dear. The Lion is offended, and the sky is blue.

Kumahime offers an appreciative nod to the other minor clanners, but doubts the anger of a Matsu shall be so easily quelled.

"I apologize for any offense. I am not the delicate flower most believe a lady should be, so I cherish the different blessings we are graced with; I do not mock them. If you demand satisfaction, I will understand. But let it be at a time and place of your choosing; not at dinner among guests."

((An Etiquette roll that means as much or as little as you choose:
Etiquette: 3d10o10k2 19))
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Matsu Yurio on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Three girls around him now, Yurio's anger faded under the charm assault and the fact he was feeling like all avenues of retreat had been cut off. Also despite wanting to punch someone he was keenly aware of the fact his Gunso had had a stern word about not getting into 'unnecessary fights where a Crane can see you'.

"Right. . . . . yes . . . . well, don't do it again. I don't like it."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:04 pm

The Fox bows deeply, "I understand, Matsu-sama."
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Crisis averted... now, where should my attention go next?

She kept one eye on the party; considering her options. All of the Unicorn men seemed to already be talking to someone. How unfortunate. Still, she'd manage to overcome that once the opportunity presented itself. At least it didn't seem as if there were any new fights about to break out.

"One thanks Matsu-sama for his understanding," she said, turning back to present company for the moment.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Yurio on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:12 pm

He'd never actually reached the food table, but wasn't about to give these three women any openings so he waited for them to make a move.

Matsu Yurio

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:19 pm

"Excelent..." She bowed at the other three. She looked at Yuzuki. "I brought a flower arrangement where shall I put it Mantis sama?". She pointed to where Butaj was sitting well next to him.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:25 pm

"Ah," she looked in the direction that was pointed at.

chance!

"If you'll excuse us Matsu-sama, I'll have to sort this out. Please, enjoy the party."

She gave the man a bow, then headed toward Butaj... or rather the arrangement he was seated next to. Presumably with the Moshi in tow.

"That looks like excellent work, Moshi-san," she said on the way over.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Indeed the Moshi was in tow. "Arigatou... I made it with the local flowers that inbound in the fields out west." She smiled "You have met Usagi sama and do you know Moto Butaj sama?"
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:49 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:Imane seemed pleased by his response and nodded her head. "Well, I know so little about the minor clans you see Ichiro-san. I have met a member of the Fox, who were formed from those of the Ki-rin who remained behind. Also I was told there was a Dragonfly clan until recently. I suppose I would start by asking: what is the duty of the Badger Clan?"

As they moved through the tent she noted the rising anger of the Matsu she had met at the opening feast. Most of the others were unknown to her though.

"Hmm, sake, yes. I suppose something in the middle to begin with?"

"That's understandable, we weren't formed until the Unicorn left the Empire after all. As for the Badger, after your clans departure the emperor felt the need for someone to guard the Pass of Woe that you departed from. We are the ones that serve that role, defending the Empire from any potential invaders."

As they moved he led her in the direction of the table contains sake. "Something in the middle then." He said as he began scanning the bottles for something he might recognize. "I'd admit I'm more knowledgeable about Crane blends, but there are some here I recognize." At last he picked one and poured a cup for each of them. "Golden Carp's Ginju-shu, I hope you like it."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:51 pm

"Of course," she said, giving both Butaj and the Usagi a bow, but looking at Butaj especially. "I believe I still owe you a drink, Moto-san."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Yurio on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:11 pm

Freed of the outflanking women, Yurio made it to the food table and tried to find something that hadn't been totally ruined by the Battle of Kon.

He then looked around while eating.

Well crap . . . where are all the Unicorn women? How am I supposed to meet them if they don't turn up?

Then he spotted the tiny Otaku hiding in the shadow of the Badger.

Well that's one . . . but I've met her . . .

Matsu Yurio

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts