Day 3 [LM] Taking The Field (Expecting)

Re: Day 3 [LM] Taking The Field (Expecting)

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:06 am

Butaj rubs his stubble restlessly, frown appearing on his forehead. "So this is what you assume about us, Doji Fukawa? That with us, doom is coming?" He smiles ruefully. "Butaj and his brethren wish your tormented Clan no ill. Our ways are very different sometimes but we can be great friends, with renewed ties of kinship after this pairing kurultai." Something else comes to his mind. "Have you been compelled to grow up quickly by difficult times? Butaj now knows you have an adult mind, much sharper than that of Butaj, but still a body of a growing girl that could take a few more years before childbearing... Same is true about a few Unicorn..." Khulun's ululation draws his attention to where Imane is. "Butaj wonders what woes have befallen the Crane lately then."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:45 am

Moto Khulun wrote:A shrill ululation breaks out over the fields as the sound of thundering hooves announces the presence of Moto Khulun… it seems she would not allow a sister in need to go un-chaperoned!

She circles the duo of Imane and Suteichi at a respectable distance before bringing Oguro to a gentle stop near her cousin. She laughs heartily, “I am sorry I overslept, I blame Butaj and his love of kumis! And this would be?” she looks at the Scorpion, he looked familiar but she had met so many suitors who could tell.

“No matter, Scorpion…” she reaches down and grabs a skin of kumis and tosses it to Sutechi before dismounting.

“Never let it be said Khulun comes without gifts.”

I see my patience is to be tested this day. I will have to deal with this one like the juvenile fool that she is. Oh and no added supplications now. I'm wroth with you Fortunes now.

Suteichi calmly stood up and walked towards Moto Khulun meeting her eyes. His tone was pleasantly measured and soft as he addressed her.

"I bid you good morning Moto-sama. Permit me to first once again reintroduce myself. I am Bayushi Suteichi, we met the other night at the opening dinner. While I am sure your...gift was given in kind nature, understand that...samurai do not throw gifts at one another. It is considered rude. I understand that you are quite a spirited woman that is to be commended but, this is a time in which I and Otaku-sama have set aside this time to share in tea and music. It is a respectable and civilized way of samurai communicating with one another and getting to know one another. It would be good to enjoy the time without behaving...uncivilized and throwing gifts at me. I am not a dog that you throw things to. Now, please, come join us for Shiba's Sunset blend tea and chinsuko, I think you will find it most pleasing. Do this, and I will try this...kumis you call it. Please, be so kind as to join us."

He finished with a deep and respectable bow to her.
------------------------------
Etiquette/Awareness to calm Khulun's behavior + Benten's Blessing + Rk1 Bayushi Court Tech 2 FR: 22
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:58 am

Khulun looks at the Otaku, that was a lot of words she got the sentiment she thinks but she kind of blanked in and out with all the big words and stuff. “Tea sounds fine.”

“You have hands, you can catch things. My cousin in arms asked me to be here Scorpion, so carry on with your date… meeting whatever. Shiba’s Sunset, huh? Never had it,” she adds.

She turns Imane and adds, “He’s a pretty one, a bit wordy for my tastes. You look well Sayyeda Imane, strong and fit. Please carry on with music and tea.” She produces some jerky and begins eating it as she inspects the Scorpion from afar.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:29 am

Moto Khulun wrote:Khulun looks at the Otaku, that was a lot of words she got the sentiment she thinks but she kind of blanked in and out with all the big words and stuff. “Tea sounds fine.”

“You have hands, you can catch things. My cousin in arms asked me to be here Scorpion, so carry on with your date… meeting whatever. Shiba’s Sunset, huh? Never had it,” she adds.

She turns Imane and adds, “He’s a pretty one, a bit wordy for my tastes. You look well Sayyeda Imane, strong and fit. Please carry on with music and tea.” She produces some jerky and begins eating it as she inspects the Scorpion from afar.

I also have hands with which to slap you about but I am not a lesser man and you would probably enjoy that.

Rather than debate with the Moto, Suteichi walked back over to sit down and pour tea for Moto Khulun. He had another apple to offer, and offered it and the tea to her.

"This apple is for your horse. No need to refuse the three times. This is a polite courtesy." He almost sounded flat when offering it to her. "Lady Otaku-sama, " his tone was more pleasant and he turned to face her. "How long have you had training with the shakuhachi?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:15 pm

Khulun takes a bite of the apple and then feeds the rest to Oguro, “Good food, Scorpion. I like this one, thus far. I can hold him down to throw him over your horse if you want Sayyeda Imane.”

She chuckles at her levity. Oguro chomps happily at the fruit.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:Khulun takes a bite of the apple and then feeds the rest to Oguro, “Good food, Scorpion. I like this one, thus far. I can hold him down to throw him over your horse if you want Sayyeda Imane.”

She chuckles at her levity. Oguro chomps happily at the fruit.

Suteichi could feel his anger bubbling up, he was trying desperately to not call her on her belligerent behavior. What she said was not humorous at all. He shot a glare at her over his shoulder to indicate that he was not amused. He turned back to Imane, trying to find a more pleasant and respectable On. He picked up his samisen and played a tune. His playing was more for him to be calm as opposed to impressing the Otaku.

-------------------
Perform:Samisen/Agility D3 #2: 20
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:44 pm

She was genuinely confused at his glare and says to Imane, “Why so serious?”
Moto Khulun

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj rubs his stubble restlessly, frown appearing on his forehead. "So this is what you assume about us, Doji Fukawa? That with us, doom is coming?" He smiles ruefully. "Butaj and his brethren wish your tormented Clan no ill. Our ways are very different sometimes but we can be great friends, with renewed ties of kinship after this pairing kurultai." Something else comes to his mind. "Have you been compelled to grow up quickly by difficult times? Butaj now knows you have an adult mind, much sharper than that of Butaj, but still a body of a growing girl that could take a few more years before childbearing... Same is true about a few Unicorn..." Khulun's ululation draws his attention to where Imane is. "Butaj wonders what woes have befallen the Crane lately then."

Fukawa shakes her head.

"Not that with you doom is coming, Moto-san. That doom is already here, and you are here either to save us, or witness it." she says.

Fukawa sighs and looks at the ground.

"It is not proper to talk about it, but I know you will continue to press until I do. If I were to speak of troubles befalling the Crane, the seppeku of all four of the Crane family daimyos leaps to mind."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:50 pm

"Seppuku..." Butaj rolls the thought in his mind. "This is terrible. Butaj feels for your kin. To lose leaders is very bad. Butaj understands the Crane are vulnerable now and many would like to prey on them. Butaj promises not to poke more about the misfortunes of the Crane." Butaj bowed his head low. He had the urge to hug Fukawa but it would be all kinds of socially bad and the girl really didn't need further trouble. "Maybe this pairing gathering will help find nef friends in time of need for your kin?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Fukawa nods.

"I know that's why I am here at least." she offers, still studying the ground. "But...I want to make friends with the Unicorn. I've really been impressed with your people's dedication to honesty and friendliness. But I worry that you might not think my desire for friendship is sincere."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:04 pm

The little Otaku was aware of Oguro just slightly after Almatar and they both turned to see Khulun's approach with a smile. Rising to her feet Imane moved to greet her chaperone with a forearm handshake, her other hand placed gently on the woman's opposite shoulder.

"Good morning Sayedda Khulun, so good to see you and Oguro on this beautiful morning. Bayushi Suteichi-san was playing delightful music, and he is kindly going to show me the tea ceremony. It seems you may have met though?"

Imane watched the interactions between Suteichi and Khulun in bemused silence. She still didn't know what the man's song had been about.

"Why thank you Sayedda Khulun, you look the very image of a Moto war goddess. Did you hear the Shinjo will be testing our archery skills today?" She looked at her hand, curling the fingers as if pulling back a bow string.

Her face went slightly dark at the comment about throwing the Scorpion over her horse, perhaps a blush rather than anger. "That would be...Well, most inappropriate for a Shiotome, but your concern for my, ah, my well-being is most kind." She nodded and composed herself again. I am not my mother. I am not my mother.

Eventually her attention returned to the Bayushi and she gave him a warm smile. "Shakuhachi? That is the Rokugani word for a flute isn't it? I have had this one for many years, my father carved it for me. I suppose I have been playing it for half my life, but I am just a fan of music not an expert. I also play drums and some stringed instruments."

She looked at him questioningly. "I believe we were speaking about the music you were playing. I like this samisen of yours."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:05 pm

"Why would you worry about that? Butaj is here to get married to improve the fortunes of his Clan too. Butaj knows that misunderstandings between Doji Fukawa and Butaj are quite symbolic of the problems we may face as Clans in believing one another. But Butaj thinks that when hearts are allowed to speak and not just trained phrases are uttered, good things may prevail. Butaj realises many would call him naive. But for Butaj the world is too complex already for potential friends to be duplicitous to each other." Butaj looks at the young Crane with concern and a bit of anxiety, but also resolve.

Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:09 pm

“Hai, I expect you do well, cousin, show these men how a true warrior wields a bow,” she says warmly.

Khulun did her best to fade to the background for now, this was her cousin’s moment and she was just here to keep things… civil she supposed. The Otaku did things different than the Moto but she was kin and that was enough for her to be here.

She busies herself with combing Oguro’s mane while keeping an eye on the Scorpion.
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:The little Otaku was aware of Oguro just slightly after Almatar and they both turned to see Khulun's approach with a smile. Rising to her feet Imane moved to greet her chaperone with a forearm handshake, her other hand placed gently on the woman's opposite shoulder.

"Good morning Sayedda Khulun, so good to see you and Oguro on this beautiful morning. Bayushi Suteichi-san was playing delightful music, and he is kindly going to show me the tea ceremony. It seems you may have met though?"

Imane watched the interactions between Suteichi and Khulun in bemused silence. She still didn't know what the man's song had been about.

"Why thank you Sayedda Khulun, you look the very image of a Moto war goddess. Did you hear the Shinjo will be testing our archery skills today?" She looked at her hand, curling the fingers as if pulling back a bow string.

Her face went slightly dark at the comment about throwing the Scorpion over her horse, perhaps a blush rather than anger. "That would be...Well, most inappropriate for a Shiotome, but your concern for my, ah, my well-being is most kind." She nodded and composed herself again. I am not my mother. I am not my mother.

Eventually her attention returned to the Bayushi and she gave him a warm smile. "Shakuhachi? That is the Rokugani word for a flute isn't it? I have had this one for many years, my father carved it for me. I suppose I have been playing it for half my life, but I am just a fan of music not an expert. I also play drums and some stringed instruments."

She looked at him questioningly. "I believe we were speaking about the music you were playing. I like this samisen of yours."

"Yes, shakuhachi is flute. My father also gave me my samisen. It is one of my treasured items." Suteichi was glad that Khulun went to tend to her horse.

"You play multiple instruments. Could use you for the music and dance event that my clan is hosting tomorrow evening."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:04 pm

Imane smiled at the shared familial Tues to music but raised an eyebrow at the latter turn of phrase. "Music and dance you say? Two of my favourite things Bayushi-san."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields