Beat the Heat (D2, EA)

Re: Beat the Heat (D2, EA)

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:03 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods. "That makes a great deal of sense and helps explains some things I have seen in the Unicorn clan during the miai. I suspect it could be a handy thing in an army camp as well." She notes his demeanor. "Change is difficult. Hopefully the Unicorn and the other Clans will find much to learn and gain from each other, without losing their essential natures."

Taichi nods. "The tricky part, as always, is finding the right balance. For my part, I merely wish to learn more of our new home for the moment. We have been away a long time. Whether I'm still part of the Unicorn clan at the end of this miai or not, I will work to make this a place that is ours, as much as it is any other clan's."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods. "That makes a great deal of sense and helps explains some things I have seen in the Unicorn clan during the miai. I suspect it could be a handy thing in an army camp as well." She notes his demeanor. "Change is difficult. Hopefully the Unicorn and the other Clans will find much to learn and gain from each other, without losing their essential natures."

Taichi nods. "The tricky part, as always, is finding the right balance. For my part, I merely wish to learn more of our new home for the moment. We have been away a long time. Whether I'm still part of the Unicorn clan at the end of this miai or not, I will work to make this a place that is ours, as much as it is any other clan's."

She nods. "You speak wisdom Shinjo-san. Change takes time and there is much to learn." She pauses. "Would you prefer to be part of the Unicorn clan at the end of this, or another one?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:24 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods. "You speak wisdom Shinjo-san. Change takes time and there is much to learn." She pauses. "Would you prefer to be part of the Unicorn clan at the end of this, or another one?"

"I doubt it's my place to choose, and I think it matters little. As long as my partner acknowledges that this is the clan I came from and that I wish to see it grow strong, I will be content." He thinks for a time before continuing, his mind seeming wandering off a bit. "Who they are is much more important to me than their clan or station. They need to be understanding... smart... durable."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:09 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods. "You speak wisdom Shinjo-san. Change takes time and there is much to learn." She pauses. "Would you prefer to be part of the Unicorn clan at the end of this, or another one?"

"I doubt it's my place to choose, and I think it matters little. As long as my partner acknowledges that this is the clan I came from and that I wish to see it grow strong, I will be content." He thinks for a time before continuing, his mind seeming wandering off a bit. "Who they are is much more important to me than their clan or station. They need to be understanding... smart... durable."

She listens intently. "That makes a great deal of sense." She chuckles a bit quietly. "Durable? It is not the most common quality I hear from someone looking for a wife. Why durable?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:04 pm

"The cheese is upsetting, hai. It seemed so friendly... but it showed not to be my friend," Tsukimi shook her head solemnly.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:19 pm

"Oh... I thought it was rather tasty," Tomoe's cheeks flushed a little. "I guess everyone has different tastes in food, no? I could never stand natto myself."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:She listens intently. "That makes a great deal of sense." She chuckles a bit quietly. "Durable? It is not the most common quality I hear from someone looking for a wife. Why durable?"

Now that she mentioned it, it probably wasn't the most... polite word he could have used. "Ah. Well. You see, I mean it not just in the physical sense. I may not always be around to protect them if they are in danger, so of course that is important too. But I also mean in the sense of their personality." Smooth. I've got this. "Able to stand strong for what they believe in. To resist that which would bring them down."

He cleared his throat a little.

"And yourself, Matsu-san?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:48 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She listens intently. "That makes a great deal of sense." She chuckles a bit quietly. "Durable? It is not the most common quality I hear from someone looking for a wife. Why durable?"

Now that she mentioned it, it probably wasn't the most... polite word he could have used. "Ah. Well. You see, I mean it not just in the physical sense. I may not always be around to protect them if they are in danger, so of course that is important too. But I also mean in the sense of their personality." Smooth. I've got this. "Able to stand strong for what they believe in. To resist that which would bring them down."

He cleared his throat a little.

"And yourself, Matsu-san?"

She nods along, undersatnding him. "So you need someone you can depend on, who you can trust and who is independent? That is what it sounds like to me." She ponders for a moment around his question. "It is a good question Shinjo-san. I would say I seek an equal partner, like my Noburu. Someone who has their own gifts to bring to a relationship that complement mine." She laughs quietly. "And someone who is willing to put up with Noburu, of course."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:16 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods along, undersatnding him. "So you need someone you can depend on, who you can trust and who is independent? That is what it sounds like to me." She ponders for a moment around his question. "It is a good question Shinjo-san. I would say I seek an equal partner, like my Noburu. Someone who has their own gifts to bring to a relationship that complement mine." She laughs quietly. "And someone who is willing to put up with Noburu, of course."

Taichi smiles broadly. "I think you will not have any difficulties finding someone to meet those criteria, Matsu-san. The Unicorn is full of strong men with great respect for animals. We are a clan that has travelled a long way on horse through trying conditions, after all." He paused for a moment. "I assume that you are trained as a bushi in addition to your mastery of Noburu, Matsu-san? Would you be looking for a fellow bushi then, or a more..." he thought of all the Moto men that he knew, and what the opposite of that might be "...subtle individual?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:51 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods along, undersatnding him. "So you need someone you can depend on, who you can trust and who is independent? That is what it sounds like to me." She ponders for a moment around his question. "It is a good question Shinjo-san. I would say I seek an equal partner, like my Noburu. Someone who has their own gifts to bring to a relationship that complement mine." She laughs quietly. "And someone who is willing to put up with Noburu, of course."

Taichi smiles broadly. "I think you will not have any difficulties finding someone to meet those criteria, Matsu-san. The Unicorn is full of strong men with great respect for animals. We are a clan that has travelled a long way on horse through trying conditions, after all." He paused for a moment. "I assume that you are trained as a bushi in addition to your mastery of Noburu, Matsu-san? Would you be looking for a fellow bushi then, or a more..." he thought of all the Moto men that he knew, and what the opposite of that might be "...subtle individual?"

She smiles at him. "I am glad for I would not wish to go home without one. If you think some of the Matsu here have a temper, you have never met my mother. Aieee." She jokes. "I would like to hear more of your journey at some point. It sounds as if you must have seen many things and experienced a great deal."

She looks pensive for a moment. " I am trained as a bushi, it is true. As for my future partner, whoever they may be, I am not particular as to what their preferences are. Each has something to recommend them. I would not remove any possibility for the school they trained with." She looks back at him. "What about you Shinjo-san?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:28 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Oh... I thought it was rather tasty," Tomoe's cheeks flushed a little. "I guess everyone has different tastes in food, no? I could never stand natto myself."

"I didn't mind the taste... But it seems it's not good for me to actually eat it. I was quite ill from eating it last night, and I don't think I'd want to try it again. In case the same thing happened."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:47 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:She smiles at him. "I am glad for I would not wish to go home without one. If you think some of the Matsu here have a temper, you have never met my mother. Aieee." She jokes. "I would like to hear more of your journey at some point. It sounds as if you must have seen many things and experienced a great deal."

She looks pensive for a moment. " I am trained as a bushi, it is true. As for my future partner, whoever they may be, I am not particular as to what their preferences are. Each has something to recommend them. I would not remove any possibility for the school they trained with." She looks back at him. "What about you Shinjo-san?"

Taichi smiles at her mention of her mother, imagining how some of the Moto mothers might react to their child coming home without a spouse.

"My gempukku was not that long ago, so my tale is only just beginning. Still, I think I might have some stories to share if you wish."

At the question, he looks thoughtful. "Hrmm, I think that someone to account for my deficiencies would perhaps be wise, no matter what role they fulfil. Someone who has dealt with Rokugani courts perhaps, or with lots of knowledge of the empire would be the ideal." He looked behind him "It would be nice if they could deal with animals as well, since much of what defines my clan is based around them."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:18 am

Ichiro Daisuke wrote:
Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Oh... I thought it was rather tasty," Tomoe's cheeks flushed a little. "I guess everyone has different tastes in food, no? I could never stand natto myself."

"I didn't mind the taste... But it seems it's not good for me to actually eat it. I was quite ill from eating it last night, and I don't think I'd want to try it again. In case the same thing happened."

"Well we come from different regions of Rokugan so our way of cooking is based on what is available from the harvest. One might not be used to the strong or mild flavors of set regions." She looked at the Ichiro and nodded. "We can be polite and try different things that might not be as strong. Perhaps a fruit not the meat or the cheese. Maybe something that smell edible."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:47 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She smiles at him. "I am glad for I would not wish to go home without one. If you think some of the Matsu here have a temper, you have never met my mother. Aieee." She jokes. "I would like to hear more of your journey at some point. It sounds as if you must have seen many things and experienced a great deal."

Taichi smiles at her mention of her mother, imagining how some of the Moto mothers might react to their child coming home without a spouse.

"My gempukku was not that long ago, so my tale is only just beginning. Still, I think I might have some stories to share if you wish."

At the question, he looks thoughtful. "Hrmm, I think that someone to account for my deficiencies would perhaps be wise, no matter what role they fulfil. Someone who has dealt with Rokugani courts perhaps, or with lots of knowledge of the empire would be the ideal." He looked behind him "It would be nice if they could deal with animals as well, since much of what defines my clan is based around them."

She nods along. "Having knowledge like that would be valuable to the Unicorn and you personally. There are so many rules to polite Rokugani society, I suspect it would be complicated to be launched in." She pauses. "The Scorpion or Crane might be ideal in that way. On court etiquette, there can be no greater masters. Though I do not know how they feel about animals larger than a cat."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:47 pm

Kumahime listens to the conversation between bites, opting not to mention her grandmother's tortoise soup recipe to the worried pet owner. "I thought cheese was a Dragon invention? They do something to preserve goat milk?"
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field