Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Re: Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:07 am

Shinjo Akil wrote:Fortunately for her, he didn't see the way to exploit it, setting the stone away from the play. "The one I met was nice enough. And he has sake, which is always a boon."

Note: Find the Yasuki.

She makes her move capturing a couple of pieces. "Nice. How does sake compare to the drinks you're used to?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:56 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Lucky for me, I did bring my own board, even if I'm not a skilled player. But I know the rules enough to teach," she offered kindly and found them an available place to sit.

It wasn't a very large board, but it would have to do. And first things first, some geography; and she set up the stones with interchanging patters of black and white to illustrate the lines of clan territories.

"Here is the Unicorn," she traced the outline of the area she had set up, "and north of you, there is the Badger Clan, and here the Dragon Clan. And going south here, we have the Lion... the Seikutsu mountains should be around here," her finger gestured across the line where the mountains would be on a map. "And south of the mountains here are the Scorpion lands, and this little area here is where the Hare lands are... right next to the very big Shinomen Mori."

She continued to point out the lands of the other clans, and somewhere off the 'makeshift map' was the islands of the Mantis.

"I've only been in the lands of the Fox, Hare and Phoenix for any real amount of time, and I guess I can say Unicorn too now after coming here."

Dong-Ha followed Tomoe, crossing his legs under him as he sat down. The Ide had shown them that the Rogukani preferred to sit on their feet with their knees together, but having spent years on a horse, Dong-Ha found the position somewhat uncomfortable. "Badger, ha." Dong-Ha's eyes followed Tomoe's hands as she worked her magic on the board. "I see. The fabled Shinomen." While the Unicorn folklore had little to say about the forest, the small Lion had told him about the snake monsters dwelling within the woods. "Matsu Yiruo-san told me about a war against snake men in Shinomen." He added as if to explain why he was familiar with the name.

"Thank you, Usagi-san." he offered her a small bow. "I do hope to have a chance to see more of the Empire."

Then the sadane began, drawing Dong-Ha's attention momentarily away from Tomoe as he watched the Scorpion and Crane discuss what seemed to be a rather dull painting.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:08 am

Moto Khulun wrote:She folds her arms and says, "Words... not action."

He cracks his knuckles before standing up.

"Come at me"
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:22 am

She frowns looking around and says, “Tomorrow, I will not sully this event with your blood.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:27 am

"Nor would I" he retorted and then motioned the exit. "The outside is empty though."

"Though I understand," he slumped back to a sitting position, bringing the kumis skin to his mouth once more "you want to delay the unavoidable. Perhaps put your affairs in order?"

"I don't have a horse Moto-san but you seem light enough to carry over my shoulder."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:18 am

Iuchi Yukarin wrote:Yukarin once again looked at everthing that was happening as she looked at where the Phoenix's gaze went.

"...hai, company might be nice. Soshi-sama seems otherwise disposed, and the atmosphere in here is rather... difficult. Did you wish to sit and try to find some peace and conversation a bit perhaps?"

She would have offered to take out the shochu she had brought, but now did not seem the time.

Seeing the currents between the Matsu and Moto almost as a physical thing he replied, "The Phoenix always value peace and your conversation would be most welcome Iuchi-san. I have not had much chance to speak with members of your Clan as you likely experienced the time of the Unicorn is in rather high demand, as one would expect."
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:56 am

Matsu Nintoku wrote:"Nor would I" he retorted and then motioned the exit. "The outside is empty though."

"Though I understand," he slumped back to a sitting position, bringing the kumis skin to his mouth once more "you want to delay the unavoidable. Perhaps put your affairs in order?"

"I don't have a horse Moto-san but you seem light enough to carry over my shoulder."

"I had noticed the sturdy shoulders, once I have broken you I'll be the first Moto... well second to ride a lion into battle," she says.

"Course Oguro might get jealous."
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:03 am

"Bold words Moto-san. Are you perhaps one of the fabled storytellers from the Unicorn?" he narrowed his eyes "Because I am pretty sure that is a fantasy tale."

"Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever." he slammed his fist on the table "I will not lose and you will my little foal."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:19 am

As she noticed that whatever was going on between the Matsu and Khulun was heating up, Yuzuki started up a new and rather unusual piece on her shamisen, which seemed to be a lot more melodic and intense than the stuff she'd been playing thus far.

But halfway through, she made a mistake, and the song came to an abrupt and ungraceful end.

Coincidentally right around the time the Matsu slammed a fist on the table.

Shamisen / Agility, 1 raise for fluff: 4d10o10k3 17
Mood music
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:28 am

Matsu Nintoku wrote:"Bold words Moto-san. Are you perhaps one of the fabled storytellers from the Unicorn?" he narrowed his eyes "Because I am pretty sure that is a fantasy tale."

"Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever." he slammed his fist on the table "I will not lose and you will my little foal."

She looks at the table, “If I were a table I would have something to fear.”

“Oh and I assure you the story of a Moto riding a lion is true, it is known. It begins with someone seeing a lion… someone holding some else’s skin of kumis… and ends with an ill-fated charge and a dead Moto. But he did ride the Lion into battle.”

She finishes with a smug grin, “At least he followed through, unlike you.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:55 am

Tsume enters late, the heat of the day slowing her progress. She is dressed in dark blue, and is regretting it. She walks about a bit, examining the games in progress to see if anything exciting is underway. The number of people not looking at the match between Nintoku and Khulun draws her attention.
Piranha Clan • Courtier • Prone to Sadness • Likes Animals
Glory: 1.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 0
Carries: Wakazashi, Hat
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:02 am

The Lion was getting pretty inebriated. He leaned back as the alcohol caught up and took a big whiff, the refreshing air easing his alcohol throes. He leaned forward narrowing his eyes at the Moto.

"And yet just like a table you will end in all fours."

He took one of the skins discarding when he noticed it was empty. He nod at her story "I can see that. A fool thinking he could mess with a Lion without getting his claws."

Her taunt caused him to groan "Careful Moto-san or I might end dragging you outside."
Last edited by Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Shinjo Akil on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:06 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:
Shinjo Akil wrote:Fortunately for her, he didn't see the way to exploit it, setting the stone away from the play. "The one I met was nice enough. And he has sake, which is always a boon."

Note: Find the Yasuki.

She makes her move capturing a couple of pieces. "Nice. How does sake compare to the drinks you're used to?"

His poor go stones. He did manage to find a place where he could take one, though there hadn't been any forethought getting it to that point, just luck. "It is different from kumis. Less creamy, a bit harsher going down."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:55 am

Ryuuta Tsume wrote:Tsume enters late, the heat of the day slowing her progress. She is dressed in dark blue, and is regretting it. She walks about a bit, examining the games in progress to see if anything exciting is underway. The number of people not looking at the match between Nintoku and Khulun draws her attention.

Noticing Tsume watching the pair go at it, he approaches and smiles, taking a drink from his kumis skin. "Entertaining, no? I helped egg them on, but I think they're a very good fit for one another. How are you Tsume-san?"
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:03 am

"I am well, Monkhbaatar-san. I suppose you match fire to wind often?"

Tsume looks at the inviting cushions and the games, seeking the unfamiliar.
Piranha Clan • Courtier • Prone to Sadness • Likes Animals
Glory: 1.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 0
Carries: Wakazashi, Hat
Ryuuta Tsume

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts