Day 2 [Late Evening] Tea After Dark (Mizuki's Room)

Re: Day 2 [Late Evening] Tea After Dark (Mizuki's Room)

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:"If you would like," she said, stopping herself short of crossing her arms from the looks that were sent her way. At least that would give her some reprieve from this. She finally asked a question, though it was probably not of the nature that was desired, "Did you have something prepared?"

In truth, there were questions she thought to ask. However just about all of them felt far too direct with an audience present, no.. no.. that wasn't it. Truthfully, as preferred to always be with herself, she didn't really know what was stopping her from asking her direct questions. It wasn't exactly like her, now was it.

"If you like?" Why not just say "I don't care"?!

Suteichi raised an eyebrow and spoke a love haiku.

"Too fearful to love
heart snaps in two like a twig
burn it as kindle."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:34 pm

Mizuki was thinking a similair thought. The Unicorn was obviously bothered by this formal meeting.

The things I do for you Suteichi-kun.

She "accidentally" drops her tea, spilling some on Yue.

Mizuki is shocked. "Oh. Shinjo-san. I am so sorry. Please let me help you clean up." Mizuki looks to the other side of the room. "I have a spare kimono if you will follow me."

EDIT: Forgot no rolling in a new day. Thanks for the reminder.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Yue swallowed a yelp when the hot tea hit her. She looked up to Mizuki, a lot of surprise in her eyes. "Hai, hai," she spilled out. She got to her feet and followed the Yogo wherever she went. "Do not worry about it, Mizuki-dono."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:44 pm

Mizuki leads Yue across the room and puts up the privacy screen to give her privacy. This is your chance Shinjo-san. If you're just nervous by our presence, now you have your chance. If you're just wasting Suteichi-kun's time, well, I guess I should've spilled the tea on you. In your face.

"Again, my apologies. Please pick whatever you would like." Most are in Scorpion colors, but one is a soft brownish color.

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:45 pm

Suteichi fought to contain his frustration. Finally, he took his mask off and set it beside him. He rubbed the bridge of his nose for a brief moment and looked at Liu Fei.

"I apologize. This is not a most productive evening for either of us. I wanted to express my interest to you and to impress upon you my intent. I can tell that this is not at all what you wanted. Please, speak to me openly and freely. If you wish to take your leave, fair enough as well."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:58 pm

First she listened to the poem and while she searched for how, or what to say, she witnessed the small scene that played out with the tea. Before she could react that too seemed to have come to a proper conclusion, which might have raised some suspicion in how perfectly it all fit if Fei was at all comfortable with these sorts of settings.

When it was just Suteichi and herself, Fei's shoulders dropped a bit from their raised position she didn't even realize she had them in, "That was.. awkward," she said openly but noticeably suppressed the awkward chuckle that would have flowed naturally with the comment.

Settling she turned back to Suteichi, thinking for a second before falling to something more casual, "I.. do not know how this is supposed to go, Bayushi-sama. You clearly went through a lot of trouble to set up this evening, and I would not want that to go to waste, but I do not know how to step to this dance..." she paused after saying that, thinking on how it sounded. Maybe she was getting a better grasp of how to use the language in a more fluid, fanciful manner. Or maybe she sounded like a fool. Either way, she tried.

Then, in an attempt to perhaps give better understanding, "I wanted to compliment you on the poem Bayushi-sama. However I could not say why it was good, it sounded nice but there is supposed to be more than that. It sounded violent, a bit, but I feel that there was a meaning beyond it that I just cannot properly grasp."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:03 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki leads Yue across the room and puts up the privacy screen to give her privacy. This is your chance Shinjo-san. If you're just nervous by our presence, now you have your chance. If you're just wasting Suteichi-kun's time, well, I guess I should've spilled the tea on you. In your face.

"Again, my apologies. Please pick whatever you would like." Most are in Scorpion colors, but one is a soft brownish color.

"Hai, hai," she murmured. She looked at the Scorpion colors and let out a small giggle. "I may," she trailed off, looking back at the Yogo and her masked expressions. Hm, I probably shouldn't trust her with my thoughts. Although, it might be amusing to mess with all of them.

Yue picked out the most elaborate Scorpion-colored kimono she could find. "This will do, Mizuki-dono."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Mizuki gives a nod of approval. I wonder if she has met any of our kinsmen. "Do you like the colors?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:10 pm

Suteichi placed his hand on the table and began.

"There is a deeper meaning. First, I want you to know that outside of my immediate family, you are the second person to actually see my face. Sempai-sama was the first. In the scale of things, you are the first non-scorpion to see me. I suppose that is my way of demonstrating my respect as well as interest to you. Secondly, I know that this was all...a bit much for you. Sometimes, we can over do it in court. I was always told that being simple is most effective. This miai is very new to me as it is for you. I hope you do not think less of me."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki gives a nod of approval. I wonder if she has met any of our kinsmen. "Do you like the colors?"

No surprise? Disappointing.

The younger Shinjo nodded. "Red is a lovely color, Mizuki-dono. It is also close to purple." she added with a smile. She began to disrobe when her cheeks also turned into that lovely red color...

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:24 pm

Mizuki turns away to give the Unicorn some privacy. She whispers. "Take your time."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:25 pm

"I thought less of you when you sought your mask so quickly, it seemed a weakness to be so attached to an item and if I am to be honest here with you I still believe it is," she said, clearly hoping to avoid offense but that didn't remove the directness of her words at all. Just showed her intent if he could see past it.

"I am not.. used to being sought so.. directly," she said, not one to seem bashful but that seemed to be what her words implied. "There is some mix of formality and emotion here I do not know how to deal with it, emotion is certainly not something I know what to do with Bayushi-sama." Fei paused for a moment before looking directly to Suteichi so he would understand the intent fully, "For what it is worth, I would like to think more of you. However for that I would need to learn, but this formalized back and forth with questions is..." she'd tug on her collar here to emphasize if she had one, "stifling."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:29 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki turns away to give the Unicorn some privacy. She whispers. "Take your time."

Yue mouthed, "Thank you," in Mekhem and went about her time with disrobing and putting on the Scorpion kimono. However, there came a point where the younger Shinjo sister could not manage by herself. "Mizuki-dono, could you help me? I cannot tie an obi by myself." She paused. "Not yet, anyways."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Mizuki tries to listen to the other side of the room. How is it going? Did I make the right call? Did Suteichi-kun pick the wrong sister?

When Yue asks Mizuki for help, she shakes out of ease dropping. "Huh. Oh. Sure." Mizuki helps her with the obi.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:42 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:"I thought less of you when you sought your mask so quickly, it seemed a weakness to be so attached to an item and if I am to be honest here with you I still believe it is," she said, clearly hoping to avoid offense but that didn't remove the directness of her words at all. Just showed her intent if he could see past it.

"I am not.. used to being sought so.. directly," she said, not one to seem bashful but that seemed to be what her words implied. "There is some mix of formality and emotion here I do not know how to deal with it, emotion is certainly not something I know what to do with Bayushi-sama." Fei paused for a moment before looking directly to Suteichi so he would understand the intent fully, "For what it is worth, I would like to think more of you. However for that I would need to learn, but this formalized back and forth with questions is..." she'd tug on her collar here to emphasize if she had one, "stifling."

He was insulted by being called weak for his mask but he decided to exercise some restraint.

"The mask is to honor our kami, Bayushi no Kami. He believed that all men wear masks to hide who they really are from everyone. The mask is symbolic. Too often people are distracted by fanciful faces that they miss their mark because they fall for the facade. Am I really so weak for honoring my clan's Kami? Any of my clansmen for that matter?" his tone was still soft but there was a hint of measure behind it.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms