(D3, EN, Open) - Nighttime Dojo

(D3, EN, Open) - Nighttime Dojo

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:29 pm

(Expecting, but you know, public place. Feel free!)

The heat of the day was well past. Udo had enjoyed his time with the games, but he often grew weary more quickly around crowds. The best thing for it was a time of meditation.

He entered the dojo and sat, preparing to meditate. He quickly sank into a deep meditation, centering himself and calming his mind.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Re: (D3, EN, Open) - Nighttime Dojo

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Khulun still had a skin of kumis from the games… or dinner… or something with Lions and Scorpions, it was all a little blurry. She walks into the dojo and blinks at the Dragon and then says, “Dragon, Dragon… are you sleeping or thinking? Sleep-thinking?”

She sits in the doorway, an inelegant thump as she speaks in a not so hushed tone, “I drank… I played a game where every time I saw a star I drank… or I drank for every star… are you doing the thing?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Udo hears Khulun... well, I guess you'd call it ramble and opens his eyes. He smiles when he sees her.

"I am doing the thing I do second best..." he thinks for a moment. "Sleep-thinking is not a poor description, for I am surely not awake."

He looks at her closely. "I think there's a chance you lost the games you played," he says with a small smirk.

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:59 pm

“I was never much good at that game anyway, it has been a day… I forget we are here to meet and match… I hope you have had time to meet eligible Unicorn maidens,” she says in reply.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:09 pm

"I have met a fair few." He thinks for a moment. "Six, to be exact. At least, six that I've spent any time with. I'm just hoping that my archery display earlier dazzled them with its accuracy."

"And you? What strapping young samurai have you met?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:13 pm

"Not enough, but some have become more enjoyable to be around than others... you shoot well," she says kindly.
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:27 pm

He inclines his head at her compliment.

"That is the way with all people,'" he shrugs. "Unfortunately, some of your time has been taken up with other things. At least you found some free time this evening, Khulun-san" he says with a smile.

"I have not many men myself, though that is of less concern to me."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 pm

“This matter with the Herald weighs heavy on me,” Khulun replies. “I can see still them taunting me in my dreams… I want to believe that I have made the right decision… I should not dwell on it.”

“Do… do you have family, Udo?”
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:45 pm

"You have made the right decision, Khulun-san. Do not doubt that. There may be consequences for your decision, but there were consequences no matter what you chose. With the information you had, you made the decision you thought best for your Clan. There is no more to it then that, and time will see the outcome." Udo was serious in his tone, but his eyes showed that he spoke from a place of concern.

He stands up and moves to the middle of the dojo to change the feel of the room. He drops into a stance and begins to practice his jiujutsu. He found it helped keep his head clear.

"The Order is my family. I was given to them as a baby and raised as a Togashi. They may know who my parents are, but I do not. I know my teachers and my classmates. It is why I feel a strong connection to my Clan; they have become my family."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:50 pm

"So you are monk and samurai?" she says.
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:52 pm

"Yes. I am both. The Togashi are odd, but what Clan doesn't have its quirks? I see it as the best of both worlds."

Udo continues through his practice regime. "Do you have brothers and sisters? Are your parents in the village?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:58 pm

“I have eldest sister, Hulin; she is priestess and wise woman; twin older brothers Tahar and Maral both serve Moto-dono in his forces. They are strong warriors, teach me to be strong even though I am youngest,” she says warmly.

“So would you and wife live at the temple?”
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:09 pm

"It is obvious to me that your family did their job in teaching you to be strong. It must be nice to have their support. I hope to meet some of them one day."

"No, when married I'd move out. Maybe live in the mountains. Maybe live with my wife's Clan. I think it depends on many things." He pauses. "I admit I haven't thought too much about it. One day at a time," he says with a smile.

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:16 pm

"Even now, while you are here at miai? You have not thought of your future?" she says.
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:20 pm

"In passing. I think much more of the present." He pauses his motion for a moment. "The future is myriad, so guessing it seems futile. This moment has enough to occupy me."

"Though I will think through it some with you, if you would like."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Next

Return to Calm Heart Dojo