Missed Connections [D2 EM - OPEN]

Re: Missed Connections [D2 EM - OPEN]

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:20 pm

"You have ridden before, Tomonaga-san?" She was genuinely surprised. Many of the men she had met had no experience with horses.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:55 pm

"Yeah, a bit." Tomonaga said. "Not warhorses, just village horses. Enough to know I enjoy it, and to keep from falling off too often, but not more than that." He smiled. "But hey, let me know if you have any questions about sake. That's something I definitely know."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:16 pm

"Any Unicorn woman will expect her husband to know how to ride a horse," she claimed with a smile.

She thought on the matter of sake. "How much sake do you make?" She paused. "Have I had any? At the feast?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Tomonaga's return smile was a little playful. "In that case, let me amend my answer." He said with a bow. "Yes. Yes I can ride."

"Lots!" He said cheerfully. "There wasn't any at the feast, no; we don't trade it with the Unicorn yet." He pats his kimono with a gradually deepening frown. "Drat. I usually carry a bottle on me, but I came here so fast..." He shook his head before refocusing his smile on her. "Next time, I promise. You've gotta try it; track me down if you have to."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Her lips turned into a sly smirk. "Do you want me to spread the word, Tomonaga-san?"

The Shinjo let out a small laugh. "Do you have any bottles in your yurt?" The implications of such a question went over her head.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:33 pm

That smirk made Tomonaga grin. "Hah! Well, actually, I don't know. These sorts of things tend to grow with the telling, you know? You tell someone, and then they tell someone, and all the Unicorn women will be disappointed when it turns out I can pretty much just manage to stay upright."

The comment does make Tomonaga's eyebrows go up ever so slightly, and for a moment he gave her a curious look. But since it didn't seem like she'd intended it that way... "I do, in fact." He said cheerfully; a Crab would hardly be offended by an awkward statement. "You're welcome to stop by, and I'll fetch you some out. I'm always happy to share a drink with company." He gave her a bow, coupled with another smile.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:37 am

"I suppose I should learn to ride a horse then..." Hiroji says thoughtfully. "Tomonaga-sama's sake is quite good, I can vouch for that." He nods.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Yue blinked. "Should I spread the word or not?" She maintained a smile but clearly she was confused.

"I will have to visit you later then." She bowed to him. "You are too kind with your invitation."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:54 pm

"I can help you learn, Hiroji-san, if you need." Tomonaga said. "Although... if you could find an instructor among the Unicorn, that might be better."

Tomonaga's smile faded a touch as his joke fell flat. "Ah... I was only joking around, Shinjo-san." He said. "Perhaps... I would just ask you to use your best judgment. I'm sure you know your fellows best."

He brightened again, though. "Of course! I'm always happy to share my sake with-" a quick glance at Hiroji, "-pleasant company." He finished smoothly. In other circumstances, he might have said 'a pretty lady', but certainly not in front of another.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:39 pm

"I will see if I can find an instructor to help me learn, Tomonaga-sama. Of course I'd be honored if you'd teach me, if the unicorn are unwilling." Hiroji nodded.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:13 pm

"I can help you learn, Hiroji-dono," she interceded. She smiled and scratched the back of her head. "I have offered to others already. It would be no trouble."

Oh goodness, I am taking a lot of pupils. It might end up getting hard to keep track of all of them.

She thought a bit more on the matter of spreading news of Tomonaga's horsemanship. "I will think more on the matter," was her conclusion for the time being.

Her face turned pensive for a moment. "I will also send word if I demonstrate my technique on horseback."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:41 pm

"That is all that I ask." Tomonaga said with a bow, his lips twitching slightly.

"Oh! Great! That would also be an excellent occasion to bring my sake." He looked thoughtful. "As something to have afterwards, in celebration. Well, maybe just a little, beforehand. Helps to loosen you up, you know."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:01 am

"I would be honored if you would help me learn Shinjo-san. Thank you." Hiroji bows.

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Yue nodded. "Sake is often imbibed as celebration. I will enjoy it." She exchanged glances to both men. "I will let you know when I take the field."

She smiled at Hiroji and returned his bow. "I will let you know about your lesson as well." She looked to Tomonaga. "Do you wish to learn more as well?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:48 pm

"Couldn't hurt." Tomonaga said agreeably. "Well, at least it shouldn't, as long as I can remember what I've already learned." He shrugged. "And if I can't, well, at least my pride doesn't bruise very easily."

He bowed. "So, yes. I would certainly appreciate a lesson, Shinjo-san." He said.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Previous

Return to The Administrative Center