[D3 EE] Rabbit Hunting

Re: [D3 EE] Rabbit Hunting

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Tomoe gave a nod to Khulun to confirm that the tortoise was indeed a pet, and the tortoise in return responded to the poke by slowly turning its head to Khulun and meet her gaze with stoic disapproval.

She didn't have much time to elaborate on her pet as Chi-Pu's words were more pressing.

"Otaku-sama, I apologise for not telling you these things," she bowed. "It was my fault for assuming you had been informed of these things upon your return... and for not wishing to speak up about it openly yesterday when I wanted to not cause further panic."

Clearly, she had her work put out before her now, but she would allow the Fairuz to speak for himself too.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Kaiya's eyes narrowed ever so slightly at the accusation. He was not about to be put on the back foot in such a manner!

"Perhaps the language used was not so understandable by those outside the priestly persuasion, but I do believe I went over exactly that with two of the Iuchi present during our last meeting. If Otaku-san would prefer, I can spread the word through the entire village more properly, spelled out in terms that even the most uneducated heimin can understand?"

Deep breaths..

"While we are on the topic of solutions, what plan of action, if any, has Ide-sama ordered on all of this?"
House Fairuz • Shugenja • Curious • Quantum Horsing
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 3
Carried Items: Flute, journal, knife, miniature go set, scroll satchel, wakizashi, writing kit.
Languages: Mekhem
Fairuz Kaiya

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:37 pm

Not her pissing match for now, instead she produced some pickled radish and offered it to the turtle.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:53 pm

"Ide-sama has not yet determined a course. There is still too much we do not know."

The insults seem to not phase her, as Chi-Pu actually nods at the Fairuz..

"Perhaps your idea would be a good one. What if more are seduced? They must know what is really Kami and what is not."

She looks to Tomoe

"And where can we get jade? We must have them in our stocks, equal amounts as our stores of crystal."

Chi-Pu looks at the swords on everyone's hips.

"How exactly does one fight with jade as well?"

The woman seems much calmer now than a moment ago. The frustrated quick speech gone from her voice and instead a calm, professional, leader like speech replacing it.

"Please, we must know everything about these Oni and how they fight. How we can fight back. What dangers they pose."

Chi-Pu's face shows off many emotions, but the most prominent is one of pleading despair.

"Finally, I heard that they serve the Dark Brother...he was defeated. Destroyed. How can this be?"

It seemed the longer the woman talked, the more questions she had. She looked to both of them for answers, and then looked at Khulun.

"Are you here to ask about what I think you are, Moto-san?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:11 pm

The tortoise slowly began to eat at the offered food. Ganko was no picky eater!

Tomoe considered for a moment where to start.

"Right, jade. That could be... problematic. Due to the sacred properties of jade, it is a costly commodity," she pulled out the one she carried around her neck as she spoke, "due to the Crab Clan's eternal war in the south against the Ninth's servants, and recently the market has also been challenged by the Lion from what I've heard. This much jade," Tomoe, gestured to the finger of jade, "costs as much as a koku."

"I am not saying it's impossible to find jade, either through commerce or if there are any jade mines in your lands, but be prepared for it to be rare and costly. As for how you fight with it, there are rare weapons that are made with jade worked into them, either as inlays or grinded jade worked into the steel during the folding. All of these methods demand high skill from its creator, and often the presence of a shugenja to bless the weapon. The Crab often stud their tetsubo or dai-tsuchi with bits of jade as well. However, for those not in possession of such weapons, jade can be grinded down and mixed with an oil to create what we call 'jade-powder'. This can be coated on weapons, allowing them to harm such foul creatures for a limited time before the effect wears off."

Her brow knitted together a little as she considered what she had said, then moved onto the next topic.

"Oni are... dangerous creatures, each and every one, but it is hard to have one strategy against them. Some have hides thick as armor, but can still be injured by normal weapons, while some can only be harmed by jade or crystal... it is possible for corrupt weapons or magic to harm them too, but such is never recommended, given the corruption will always spread to the wielder's soul, and it's use is a blasphemous crime."

Tomoe sighed, sitting down by the desk with the tortoise and Khulun. "Defeated, yes, but the forces of Jigoku continue to fight against the Empire. As the Kami returned to Tengoku upon their deaths, it is suspected that the Ninth Kami went to Jigoku, and continues to extend his corrupt influence to the monsters in the south - the Shadowlands."

She hoped this would cover most of Chi-Pu's question without going into a long thesis on the matter.
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:13 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:It seemed the longer the woman talked, the more questions she had. She looked to both of them for answers, and then looked at Khulun.

"Are you here to ask about what I think you are, Moto-san?"

She rose to her full height and said, “I had questions on this item, I have been told it belonged to Shinjo-no-kami given to her by Doji-no-kami; I would have Rabbit-sensei see the truth of this if she knew.”

She produces the ivory object and then adds, “I also would know if you have heard of someone called the Onyx Champion, once a Miya but now simply Kiyoshi. I share the concern of Otaku-nikutai, we must be prepared.”

OOC: Khulun will offer the trinket for Lore rolls but she will not hand it over, she will get it back but if you want to try then go for it, it is a Lore History/Intellect roll of TN 25.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Tomoe took a close look at the trinket, her mind ruminating with it's meaning in silence, giving the Fairuz a chance to speak up if he had anything to add.

---

D3 EE Lore: History/Intelligence on Khulun's trinket. +1k1 Void. Free Raise for extra info, 1 called Raise for info. TN 30: 7d10o10k5 51
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:34 pm

Too many contradictions... what happened to avoiding panic?

Kaiya settled for stewing in place as the many questions were rapid-fired off and the Usagi did what she could to answer them.

His eyes did immediately turn to the strange ivory object as it was produced, but the only thing he could get from his glimpse was that it looked ancient.. and probably needed cleaning.

Wait, Onyx? What?

"That sounds like the Shadow's twisted mockery of an Imperial office... The very existence of such a thing.. This only strengthens my original stance from yesterday. The Jade Magistrates must be informed of what is going on.. and the Emerald Magistrates. And the Kuni... really, all of the Crab... And the Asako..."

He was probably just going to keep listing people who 'needed to be informed' until someone else spoke up.
Carried Items: Flute, journal, knife, miniature go set, scroll satchel, wakizashi, writing kit.
Fairuz Kaiya

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:44 pm

Khulun looks at the samurai listing off things and says, “Who is this samurai to assume he must intercede on Unicorn affairs?”
Moto Khulun

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:46 pm

"He is a Sahir, Moto-san. Like those from the sands. He wears a wakizashi though, so he is also samurai. I do not know. He wanted me to inform a lot of people yesterday morning, but I told them all Otaku Kitakuhime-sama would have told Ide Dabo-sama and we would wait for his instruction."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Kaiya stopped his listing, looking up at the two bushi..

This is madness.. plain madness.

"How can there be insufficient information to act if one refuses to seek it out?" he said less loudly, practically to himself for all the good he felt it would do.

He shut up for now, mulling over a different decision in his mind.
Fairuz Kaiya

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:04 pm

"I have been seeking it out! So is Khulun! It seems we are the only ones who are!"

Chi-Pu's beautiful makeup is instantly covered by the redness of a hot face burning with passion or rage. Again her speech quickens, though the volume is still hushed.

"Everywhere I turn though I am met with half stories, information incomplete, or no answer at all! My superior commands me to keep quiet, but as her sensei and a nikutai I must learn something to help my people and train my Shiotome.

"I do not know what Ide-sama wishes, other than for no one else to be involved. This is why I sought out Rabbit-san, since she at least knew from the start and would not be dishonorable to speak with."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:07 pm

“Easy sister, they are trying to help if difficult, well at least Rabbit-sensei,” she says.

“Otaku-nikutai speaks true, we are doing all we can to learn and fight.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Tomoe wasn't sure if that was a snide remark at her or the Fairuz, but she wasn't going to cause a fuss now. She was trying to help, after all.

The tortoise on the other hand was completely uncaring about the plights of the samurai, as it nibbled steadily on the food.

"I think what Fairuz-sama means is that the Jade Magistrates, being servants of the Jade Champion, might be able to mobilize more people knowledgable about these dangers to properly teach your clan. They are also defenders against such threats, such as the forbidden blood magic and oni, and it is also falls within their purview to deal with magical crimes... such as the summoning of oni. I believe you said the Oni had been called here, Fairuz-sama, no?"

The Hare frowned a little, still thinking about the ivory trinket Khulun had shown her. The material is unusual... either from the Mantis isles, or outside of Rokugan? Could have been imported early on.

((Waiting on roll info :) ))
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:27 pm

Chi-Pu shakes her head.

"To ask for these people to come would be a disgrace to Ide-sama, and also to me. Kitakuhime-sama made it very clear, stay silent, but deadly. She told me Ide-sama instructed her to do nothing until he ordered."

"You cannot ask me to forsake the orders of one above me. The only reason we are speaking now is because you already knew."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts