[Day 3 - LA] We could be Heroes... [Unicorn Preferred]

Re: [Day 3 - LA] We could be Heroes... [Unicorn Preferred]

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:57 pm

“It is not my place to speak against the Iuchi, if you speak for them and you wish to join the Otaku then that is your right,” she says honestly.

“If this can aid Lady Shinjo, then I am bound to serve as my ancestor bent knee before, I shall again.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:59 pm

Hearing her family name mentioned and the decision of Kitakuhime to remain un-involved, Chi-Pu frowns again and sighs, deflating a bit from her revelation. She once more is reserved and listens to those gathered, looking at their faces as they speak.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:01 pm

"I do not propose we remain idle, but one cannot tilt at a foe unseen." She considers Saksaha's words and nods, "it is as Saksaha-San says, common enemy or no, we cannot make bedfellows of this Onyx Champion, lest we stand to lose all to the dagger at our backs when we thought we had won."

"I say again that I wish to hear the words of this so-called Champion, but I am suspicious of his conditions, if nothing else."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:13 pm

“I hear your words Sayyeda Amaya, I am doing all I can to learn all of this Onyx Champion. I too am suspicious of the conditions, I do not like the terms or his Herald but it is this or nothing. Inaction has never been my path perhaps that is a failing but I will not head in blind, there are ways to protect ourselves,” she says honestly.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:29 am

"I cannot speak alone for the Iuchi. I am one woman, and no master of our arts." Not any more than you can speak for your family, Moto Khulun--no matter who your relatives are. More than half Moto herself by blood, Saksaha has to respect the other girl's spirit, even while indulging in some mental eye-rolling at her bullheadedness.

"On the long ride, bravery and good intention alone could not protect anyone from the creeping darkness. It was caution, and constant alertness, that brought us through with whole spirits. And so I would like to know also, why do these dead birds come here? I cannot believe this 'Onyx Champion' seeks an honest alliance with the Unicorn, but if he did, why here? The Khan and the family daimyo are not here. The generals of the clan are not here. Who is here? Unicorn of..." Saksaha waves a hand apologetically at the others, "smaller account. Mostly. Unicorn who are young and not known well by many. Useful cats'-paws, men and women whose quiet corruption would not be noticed for a long time."

She sighs and tucks back a strand of hair that's worked loose from her braid during this uncharacteristically long speech.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:42 am

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"I cannot speak alone for the Iuchi. I am one woman, and no master of our arts." Not any more than you can speak for your family, Moto Khulun--no matter who your relatives are. More than half Moto herself by blood, Saksaha has to respect the other girl's spirit, even while indulging in some mental eye-rolling at her bullheadedness.

She listens to the Iuchi and says, “Then consider these words and speak to those children of Iuchi not here and return to me. Ide and Shinjo have given their support; we would be stronger with the Iuchi at our side to see the truths only you can see.”
Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"On the long ride, bravery and good intention alone could not protect anyone from the creeping darkness. It was caution, and constant alertness, that brought us through with whole spirits. And so I would like to know also, why do these dead birds come here? I cannot believe this 'Onyx Champion' seeks an honest alliance with the Unicorn, but if he did, why here? The Khan and the family daimyo are not here. The generals of the clan are not here. Who is here? Unicorn of..." Saksaha waves a hand apologetically at the others, "smaller account. Mostly. Unicorn who are young and not known well by many. Useful cats'-paws, men and women whose quiet corruption would not be noticed for a long time."

She sighs and tucks back a strand of hair that's worked loose from her braid during this uncharacteristically long speech.

“I remember sister, we all remember. I do not say we charge off with no protection, I will seek those that are wise in the ways of the enemy. The Scorpion doctor, arrogant as he was, came to our aid. There are others here who can give us more words to guide us,” she says as Oguro paces.

“We are not all great leaders of the Clan, this is true. But we know the old stories, of those that stood at the sides of Gods and brought down the Dark Brother himself. They were not the children of the Heavens but mere flesh and blood. Are we so different from our mighty ancestors?” she says confidently.
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:46 am

"Do not forswear in my name, sister. Perhaps it falls to me to be the voice of the Ide, but allow me to make inquiries before you have my decision."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:49 am

Ide Amaya wrote:"Do not forswear in my name, sister. Perhaps it falls to me to be the voice of the Ide, but allow me to make inquiries before you have my decision."

Khulun nods, “I misunderstood then, Sayyeda Amaya, but I welcome the wisdom and words of you and your kin. I look forward to your decision.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:52 am

"Pleased I will be to give them, when I know what they are."

Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:56 am

“Two days then, I would like to meet here in two days to discuss before this Onyx Champion comes. If you wish to aid us then seek Jade or tools against the Dark Brother that can protect you,” she says to the gathered Unicorn.
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:15 am

"So that I can speak fully to the others, I would know exactly what promises this Onyx Champion made to you, Moto Khulun-san," Saksaha says in her light, deliberate way. "What did it say about this alliance it wants, and what guarantees did it make or ask for this meeting?"

Iuchi know well the power of words to bind and shape, and Khulun's account of the messenger's words hasn't been precise enough yet for Saksaha's taste.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:20 am

Chi-Pu watches as the Ide and Iuchi both hesitate and when Saksaha mentions others, Chi-Pu speaks up.

"It should be known, Otaku Kitakuhime-sama has had council with Ide Dabo-sama on what matters to take."

"His response to her was to keep silent. He worries if somehow this is a problem we brought with us, instead of having the friendship of an empire, we make enemies of it all. There are only a handful of individuals outside the Unicorn who know about any of this, because they were there for the aftermath."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:27 am

She thinks and says looking at the Iuchi witch, “The Herald… the Onyx Champion said we had a mutual enemy and would offer an alliance. This Kiyoshi will meet us face to face in three days time and wanted me to bring one of each family besides the Otaku, as Otaku-hime said no.”

“That was the terms as I recall, Great Saksaha.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:31 am

At Chi-Pu's words, Amaya presses her lips together and her nostrils flared. If the Dabo-Sama had already spoken for the family, why was she here? and why was she only being told this as an afterthought? In measured tone, "if this is Dabo-Sama's position on the matter, then I must defer to his seniority."

Ide Amaya

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:33 am

"He did not forbid any actions, Ide-san. Just that we stay silent. That is my understanding."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields