A bloody fool (Day 3, EE, open)

A bloody fool (Day 3, EE, open)

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Taira, now that his head injury had stopped throbbing so frustratingly, went to pray.

Mostly to pray that he could do better in future days and make less of a fool of himself.

Dressed in his more typical fashion, he knelt in seiza, trying to clear his mind, and failing miserably.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Re: A bloody fool (Day 3, EE, open)

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:16 pm

Within, well as much as beyond a torii arch can hold a within, Tsume is thanking the elements of water and air for her safe passage to this miai.
Piranha Clan • Courtier • Prone to Sadness • Likes Animals
Glory: 1.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 0
Carries: Wakazashi, Hat
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Dressed as she had been yesterday her arms were bare, skin showing as she approached the Tori arch that marked the Shrine of the Emerald Champion. Never having come to a place like this before it was an odd experience, seeing as the others so comfortably had found positions to offer prayers.

Standing off to the side she just watched the scene for a moment, the other Samurai and the Tori Arch. Wondering in part what they were praying for, or just generally how.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:26 pm

Perhaps he was too wrapped up in his own head, (ha ha) but Taira didn't see her. The bandages had at least been trimmed down to only those that were most needed.

As a matter of fact, he seemed entirely focused on the ground in front of him. Or the ants. Or something else, that only he could see.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:50 pm

After some time, looking between the two Samurai one she recognized as a Scorpion and the other she hadn't recognized at all she stepped up toward the Tori Arch. Looking at it with a curiosity. No intent toward disturbing either of the Samurai that, to her, looked like they were both in the middle of their prayers or meditations.
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Taira, finally seemed to return to reality. Rising, he dusted off his knees, surveying the torii arch thoughtfully. Perhaps it was mood, but he cast his gaze up, across the arch, and then over toward the town.

Spotting the unicorn, he had a momentary pause.

How long had she been there?

For a moment he paused, wondering, if she wanted to be alone.

Bowing slightly, he didn't approach yet, allowing her solitude if she wanted.

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:24 pm

Hearing the sounds of movement Fei turned to face whatever it was, finding only then that one of the two Samurai she had seen prior were now risen and.. well, bowing.

So, it was suddenly time to chat again probably. Having enough sense to think it was probably disrespectful to do so just under the Tori Arch as she practically was she stepped off to the side where Taira was, past him and a bit further before turning back and offering her own bow.

"Good Evening, Scorpion-sama," she greeted after reading his Mons, finding one she didn't find all too familiar though he was clearly Scorpion at least.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Taira watched her march past him in a sort of bemused silence, and when she turned and introduced herself, he couldn't hide a wry smile.

He matched her bow upon introduction, offering his name in a quiet, but clear voice. "Soshi Taira, physician of the Soshi Magistrates, at your service."

Matching her distance, he moved away from the shrine, so as not to disturb anyone else who wished to pray.

"I didn't expect others out here, with another feast underway."

He adjust the bandage that crossed his forehead, scratching at an itch. Oh it was going to drive him mad, he could tell.

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:14 am

"Shinjo Liu Fei," she said simply, having no extra title to add.

"With the feast hosted by the Ide not too long past it seemed odd to attend another, I do not aim to appear immoderate."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:35 am

Taira chuckled.

"I doubt any would make such an assumption, given we are at a.. celebration of sorts."

Still, he nodded, and glanced toward the bustling village.

"I suppose I don't have such a reasonable excuse... I just preferred somewhere quiet to let my thoughts fall into order."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:25 pm

"I do not think that is such an unreasonable reason, given the type of celebration.. of sorts we are at," she said, noticeably picking some of the words he used leaving them standing out a tad awkwardly.

"Though for myself that is the time in the Dojo with my Naginata in hand."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Tsume completes her prayers and turns to the newcomers, not seeking to be rude. She is wearing a dark blue kimono, clearly too warm a choice in the harsh evening light.

"I apologize for not introducing myself. I am Ryuuta Tsume."
Piranha Clan • Courtier • Prone to Sadness • Likes Animals
Glory: 1.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 0
Carries: Wakazashi, Hat
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Taira sighed, and then bowed in greeting as the second woman approached.

"This one is Soshi Taira."

Clasping his hands in his sleeves, he added, "I know there is peace in the dojo as well, Shinjo-san, but after my stumbles earlier in the day, I thought some stillness might be appropriate."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Looking to the other woman as she approached, Liu Fei bowed as she introduced herself.

"You were busy before even I arrived, I cannot fault you for that," she said before adding, "Shinjo Liu Fei."

With that settled she looked back to Taira, shrugging, "I merely thought I should share where I find my peace, as you already had. I do not aim to judge you for where or how you choose to find it."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:32 pm

Well, this one was prickly.

"Are you, perhaps, any relation to Shinjo Liu Yue-hime...san."

That had slipped out.

A little pink, he managed, "It just noticed your names have much in common, and I wasn't certain if that was a connection."

Soshi Taira

Next

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion