(D3 EA) The One-Armed Wonder

(D3 EA) The One-Armed Wonder

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Yue had looked forward to today's events. After all, the Ide's specialties were not under her strong suit. She had heard rumors that it was her Family up next and that she would finally be able to prove herself as a warrior. She had hoped to finally prove herself as a worthy spouse to whomever desired a combat-capable wife.

Archery. It had to be Archery.

And so, instead of embarrassing herself at the field, she headed to the dojo with her tetsubo. She looked around for something to hit, smash, break, but nothing seemed suitable. No, no, it would be unbecoming to destroy the place.

She settled for swinging her weapon at imaginary targets. She assumed that everyone was busy actually competing and took up most if not all of the mat space. Any potential observer could see that she was attacking with all of her might, each swing an all-or-nothing assault that would leave either her or her opponent decimated.

Dad! You should have told them to avoid Archery! Agh!
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Re: (D3 EA) The One-Armed Wonder

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Aramoro was strolling past, enjoying the now empty spaces caused by the archery participants. He stopped, reversed a few steps and looked over his shoulder at he could have swore was someone in battle.

He walks to the dojo entrance to see who would be fighting to furiously.

Standing n the doorway and with his fan fluttering across his face he mentions: "Those clubs tend to do more damage to your opponent when they are actually in the same room." he says in jest.

"Or am I mistaking your blows? Is it a kata unique to your Clan, Unicorn-san?"
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:07 pm

The Shinjo nearly spun out of control with her last swing. She had not been expecting another person. However, she regained her footing and came to an at-ease stance. She did her best not to lean against her tetsubo. "Konnichiwa. Watakushi wa Shinjo Liu Yue desu," she said in-between breaths, followed by a deep bow. She then gave a nod. "I was practicing the techniques of the Moto."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:27 pm

The Imperial was taken back by the burned face and missing arm, but he was trained in etiqeutte and manged to keep his On. Instead he returned the bow "Konnichiwa Shinjo-san, this one is Seppun Aramoro, of the Imperial families." He rises

"I am not a military veteran, but it seems then that the Moto technique is quite aggressive. Have you trained with the Moto?"

Wonder if she will be anything like the Moto I've met.

wait? Is that a Tetsubo? But she only has...
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:36 pm

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Aramoro-dono."

Maybe an Imperial will take to -dono well?

Yue nodded. "I trained with the Moto. Their technique focuses on offense. My School serves as heavy cavalry." She hefted the tetsubo up for a moment before setting it down. "Those trained in the technique can wield such weapons with one arm."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Dono? Has a nice ring to it.

He starts to walk into the dojo with a slow pace his eyes looking all over the dojo, his fan dancing across his face, his other arm folded behind his back.

"Although you would honour me with such an address, my superiors might not be. Perhaps '-sama' would be a better fit, ne?" He mentions realising she is not a courtier and that the Unicorn still need to learn.

He turns to face her "The Moto techinque is then one that is mightily impressive. Most Tetsubo-wielding warriors who find themselves unable to hold their weapon due to injury normally become representatives in court. Such a technique might assist such warriors that wish to better serve their clan on the battlefield rather than the courts."
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:03 pm

"If that is what you wish, Aramoro-sama." She was half-tempted to place her tetsubo aside and pull out her own fan. So far he's living up to being what I expected of an Imperial.

Yue nodded enthusiastically. "That is why I trained with the Moto, Aramoro-sama." She motioned to her missing arm with her head. "Originally, I trained under my Family's School. The Shinjo favor more defensive techniques." She elongated her back for a brief moment to call attention her height. "I am better suited for the battlefield," she affirmed with a smile.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:35 am

He looked her up and down and gave an impressive nod: "You are indeed build to be a formidable samurai-ko. I would not mind seeing how you fare in battle."

He remains silent for a few seconds in contemplation taping his closed fan against his chin "Your direct family must have some favour amongst the Moto to be able to enter their dojo?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:00 pm

"You saw some of my techniques. However, in battle I fight upon horseback." She looked to the ceiling for a moment and then back to him. "I plan to demonstrate at a later time. Would that interest you, Aramoro-sama?"

Yue nodded. "My father is influential with all Families of the Unicorn. His position is one of diplomacy. It is natural for it to extend to inside the Clan as well."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:23 pm

He forwards a small smile with a semi-nod: "Seeing the samurai-daughter of a prominent clansman, wielding a tetsubo with one hand all whilst riding the revered Unicorn Horse? I wouldn't miss that for anything. In fact I would invite others."

His smile subsides into a slight smirk as he contemplates: "I must be honest to say that I am surprised your father would not have used more of his abilities to arrange a planned marriage for you. Then again, from what I have seen of the Unicorn sofar, the trials of the miai is more in line with the proving grounds of a warrior."
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:09 pm

"I will inform Aramoro-sama when I perform a demonstration."

Imperials, Crab, and who knows who else. Maybe I should invite my sister for moral support.

Yue thought on the matter the Seppun brought up. An arranged marriage would have been easier on her part. "My father has high hopes in my sister and I," she concluded with a smile. "This miai is a display of who the Unicorn have to offer."

A maimed woman. Hm, well, I think dad was hoping my ability to persevere would impress men instead of my looks.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:13 am

He gives a nod: "That would be splendid Shinjo-san, I look forward tot it."

He looks around the dojo

"But I am keeping you from training Unicorn-friend. I would not want to get you into trouble."

He slowly strolls back to the door.
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:34 am

Yue gave him a short bow. "You are not interrupting anything, Aramoro-sama. I am enjoying our conversation and my training can wait."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:25 pm

He halts and looks back to her "Had 'enjoyment of being here' been the deciding factor, Shinjo-san, I would have stayed. " He mentions with a grin. "Unfortunately time is not my own and we both need to attend to matters that will offer us a successful Miai. I would not want to hinder your success. In any regard, I must make sure I am ready for your show of martial prowess later."

He takes a deep bow "Farewell Unicorn-maiden" He had heard the term before and had hoped it was correctly, or even maybe impressively, used.

/exit/scene?
((Sorry for weak reply rate, I was away for Easter))
Seppun Aramoro

Return to Calm Heart Dojo