Missed Connections [D2 EM - OPEN]

Re: Missed Connections [D2 EM - OPEN]

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:49 am

Hiroji looks over Yue again. He responds to her smile with his own small nervous smile. "Impressive, Shinjo-san. I am sure many of my clan would appreciate such a technique."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:55 am

"Ahhh, heavy cavalry!" Tomonaga said, as though enlightened. With her gift for languages, he'd wondered if she might have been a yojimbo to someone important. But this fit with the rest of the information.

"And yeah, huh, wielding a tetsubo with one hand." Tomonaga said, an interested look on his handsome features. He looked over at Hiroji. "Do you know if we already train in that sort of thing? I know we have our share of injuries. And even if we do, it'd be interesting to see how other Clans do it, I imagine."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Hiroji thinks for a moment. "I am not sure." He responds finally. "In any case I am sure if Shinjo-san decides to share her technique it would be useful. And we would be very grateful." He nods.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Their reactions lifted her spirits. Everyone was right about them valuing the technique! She gave them a humble bow. "I am not the one to ask. I am a student of the Moto. However, I hope that our Clans can collaborate on their techniques."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Hiroji nods. "With any luck our clan's will be collaborating much in the future. However if you were to demonstrate the technique at some point I would be most curious to observe."

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Tomonaga smiled. "I don't know how much help I'd be, there. My duties don't have me wielding weapons, and most of my fights have been brawls with my brothers and sisters. Those could get pretty rough, but not that rough." He joked.

He gave Hiroji a sidelong glance before looking back at Yue. "Perhaps just the two of you, then?" He said casually.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:36 pm

"I would be honored to demonstrate my technique to you, Hiroji-dono."

She blinked and then looked at Tomonaga. "Why, Tomonaga-san?" she decided to ask. Sometimes the woman was quite blunt and unaware...
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Hiroji also gave Tomonaga an inquisitive glance.

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:44 pm

He also nodded to Yue and said apologetically. "Thank you Shinjo-san, but please, no dono."

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:45 pm

Tomonaga waved a hand. "Oh, I'd just be in the way. I'm not a warrior, like you and Hiroji-san, here. I'd be happy to learn a few moves, if you wanted to show me, but I just think the basic and advanced classes, so to speak, should be separate."

Catching Hiroji's glance, he gave a small sigh. "But, of course, you're the experts. If you think I could be there without getting in the way, or embarrassing myself too badly..." He shrugged.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:48 pm

I guess the Crab are humble. Or something...

"There is always time to learn, Tomonaga-san." She smiled. "I do not expect you to pick up a tetsubo with one arm. It is particularly useful for me. However, its primary function is on horseback. The free hand is meant for the reins."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Hiroji looks somewhat puzzled. "If you use your hand for the tetsubo, how do you handle the horse?"

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:55 pm

Yue gave a nervous smile. She was about to give a joke but she instead stayed serious. "I direct my steed with my legs. Horse archers do the same with their hands on their bows. Sometimes I hold both in my hand. It is not easy."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Hiroji nods empathetically. "I can only imagine Shinjo-san. And yet you must be very effective in battle? Quite impressive."

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Tomonaga nodded. "I've ridden enough to know that's a thing skilled riders can do, even if I can't do it myself. Swinging a weapon at the same time..." His eyes glinted just a little as he looked at Yue. "You know, I think I really would like to see that sometime. I may not be a warrior, but I am a Crab. I like a good martial display as much as the next samurai."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center