[D2 EA] A Picnic

Re: [D2 EA] A Picnic

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:39 am

She had not actually intended to describe the man seated across from her, and had been pleasantly surprised at his comment, until he had followed it up. "Of course, I understand. My mother was a fighter and my father a diplomat. On the surface they did not seem to be a good match, but together they formed a whole and they are very happy to this day."

Just what would it take to satisfy this beautiful man? she felt wretched, despondent, and she took her fan from her obi and opened it, fanning herself a little, but in fact looking for an excuse to cover her wavering smile.

"What are those qualities, Bayushi-Sama? that would complement you and make you whole?"
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:53 am

Suteichi took a good look at her and again smiled faintly.

"I seek a spouse that is industrious, intelligent. One who is of course a woman of integrity and virtue. Talented. She would also be someone who would have beauty to match. You have certainly gotten my attention Ide-sama. I hope to have gotten yours."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:59 am

She knew that she was many of those things, but would never be so boorish as to say such a thing. ""I think you already know that you have my attentions, and how honoured I am to have yours."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:09 am

"Ide-sama, if it is all the same to you then, I would like to have more time with you during the course of this miai. Time is a precious resource and I am quite sure that I am not the only suitor for you. I am sure any samurai here would be honored to be known as Ide Amaya-sama's husband."

He ate another meatball. They were quite delicious to him.

"Are you a poet? I happen to write and speak some. I am quite familiar with the works of Bayushi Sasuke."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:19 am

The same? Quite the opposite, but his comment cheered her all the same. "I would be delighted to spend further time with you over the coming days, though no doubt my sisters are waiting quite impatiently in line to meet you. It is most fortunate for me that I was able to enjoy your company so soon."

She sipped her tea. Since around the moment when she had performed for the Scorpion, her stomach had become quite unsettled, as if she had swallowed a living bird that fluttered furiously in her stomach for escape. "I fear poetry is not amongst my skills. I greatly enjoy the art, but the craft of such clever words quite escapes me. And I freely admit the works of Bayushi Sasuke are unfamiliar to me."

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:22 am

"Well...I just happen to have some of his works with me. Perhaps we can meet for a stroll through the fields and I can share some poetry with you?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:29 am

She could already picture it, the breeze blowing across the open grass and Lady Amaterasu gazing down. She imagined the poetry would tell great epics of romance and tragic lovers. How... romantic. "That sounds ideal, Bayushi-Sama."

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:49 am

Suteichi smiled genuinely. "Splendid. Day 4. After the music and dance celebration that will be hosted by my clan."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:55 am

"Day four," she agreed. She thought about stipulating that any duties to her Clan would take precedence if asked of her, but she was not confident that she could trust herself to break the date with Suteichi for any reason. "I shall keep the evening free for you," she promised.

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:57 am

"Wonderful." he said simply.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:08 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Alas, I only know them so well. It's the Shinjo among as that usually resolve disputes and make sure the Shinjo-kami's laws are upheld." Dong-Ha explained, taking another bite of the dumpling his was holding in his fingers. "Mhmm.. so good, these." Having finished with his piece, Dong-Ha licked his fingers clean. "But yes, perhaps such a topic is better left for an another time." There were better things to do, and the laws set by others were not that interesting, as far as Dong-Ha was concerned.

"That doesn't sound half bad, I like spiced meats." Dong-Ha replied with a nod. "We eat bird meat whenever someone manages to catch some." His hands made an expression of a hunter drawing a bow. "But it isn't as easily available as horses and goats are... or really as tasty, if you ask me." A slight grin crept on his lips as he sought out the next dumpling. "You use a lot of spices then? Or is this just an exception?"

Hotaru nodded along when he explained how the Unicorn upheld Shinjo-kami's land, wondering how much that would clash with the Empire's land, the one that was decreed to be the standard by a late Emperor sometime ago. Perhaps they were bringing order to the lawless world beyond back then, but there was order to be found here and laws already in place. While she was thinking about this, her eyes followed his fingers as he was licking them. It wasn't an appealing gesture but she said nothing of it. Instead, she merely raised her brows with a small smile, to indicate passing polite agreement.

"It really depends, but it would be accurate to say not in everything and not a lot. Spices see more use in the northern provinces, especially with some of the northern cuisine boasting that they grant either 'dragon's breath' or 'phoenix fire'," she laughed, recalling the chilli soup and hot eggplant stew she recalled coming from those lands. "The Scorpion are more in the middle."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:26 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:Hotaru nodded along when he explained how the Unicorn upheld Shinjo-kami's land, wondering how much that would clash with the Empire's land, the one that was decreed to be the standard by a late Emperor sometime ago. Perhaps they were bringing order to the lawless world beyond back then, but there was order to be found here and laws already in place. While she was thinking about this, her eyes followed his fingers as he was licking them. It wasn't an appealing gesture but she said nothing of it. Instead, she merely raised her brows with a small smile, to indicate passing polite agreement.

"It really depends, but it would be accurate to say not in everything and not a lot. Spices see more use in the northern provinces, especially with some of the northern cuisine boasting that they grant either 'dragon's breath' or 'phoenix fire'," she laughed, recalling the chilli soup and hot eggplant stew she recalled coming from those lands. "The Scorpion are more in the middle."

If Dong-Ha realized he had breached the common food etiquette, he did not show any sign of remorse. "Ah, is that so?" He made a mental note to ask a Dragon about their food, seeing how their lands were up north. "I do enjoy spiced food, but there is a limit to such things." He chuckled softly along with her laughter.

Now, Dong-Ha wasn't the most socially apt person, but even he could feel that there was something between the Amaya and Suteichi. His dark eyes sough out Hotaru's, only to turn towards the other couple as if he invited her to observe them. Few heartbeats later Dong-Ha returned his attention to her, raising an eyebrow as if to ask a question. Suteichi came off all kinds of forward considering the circumstances. "I did not know your clan was hosting an event. Is Bayushi-san going to perform as well?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:52 pm

"Uhm..." Hotaru seemed caught off-guard by the question at first, initially trying to follow the eye gesture he was giving and ultimately getting lost at what he was trying to convey. If he was trying to point out that there was a bit of dumpling on her cousin's outfit, she failed to find it.

She clapped her hands together and giggled, once she realized what he was talking about. "Ohh, the event! Hai...It is my intention to perform. I mean, I hope to! It would be nice to have some musical back-up and other like-minded shrine servants to make it more than just a solo-offering. So far, I haven't found other shrine servants. At the very least, I will do what is necessary to appease both the kami and my respective audience."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:18 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:"Uhm..." Hotaru seemed caught off-guard by the question at first, initially trying to follow the eye gesture he was giving and ultimately getting lost at what he was trying to convey. If he was trying to point out that there was a bit of dumpling on her cousin's outfit, she failed to find it.

She clapped her hands together and giggled, once she realized what he was talking about. "Ohh, the event! Hai...It is my intention to perform. I mean, I hope to! It would be nice to have some musical back-up and other like-minded shrine servants to make it more than just a solo-offering. So far, I haven't found other shrine servants. At the very least, I will do what is necessary to appease both the kami and my respective audience."

"I take this presentation will take place at the shrine or...?" Not much remained of the shrine, though. "Perhaps some members of the other clans could help?"Not that he had any idea how many samurai served as shrine keepers. "One would think that your kinsman could provide the music, though?" He looked at Suteichi who had played samisen earlier. "I am sure the kami will be delighted to." Not that he could know, not being able to hear their whispers. Yet, a slight conspiratory smile flickered on his lips. It seemed like something had piqued his interest.

"There aren't that many priests... and priestesses here to begin with." At least he hadn't met many.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:22 pm

She merely smiled at all of the speculation revolving this event, which was something she didn't have the answers to except that it took place on the fourth day of the miai. There were all things that someone else could answer, like the event organizer. It wasn't her place to toot someone else's horn. She merely bobbed her head along and gave a token answer, "Uhm, hopefully!"

"You mean in attendance? I suppose not...I haven't had the chance to truly meet everyone yet as I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked at the dinner. If there anyone you can suggest that I speak to, I would be happy for the assistance! I know there is at least another one of my kin here, a shugenja," A yogo. "but he's more academically inclined...so probably won't participate in delivering such blessings."

Bayushi Hotaru

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields