[Day 2 - Late Evening] Story Time II

Re: [Day 2 - Late Evening] Story Time II

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:43 pm

"I've a tale, though I'm not sure how happy you will be to hear it." He comments, letting the nature of prank slide on by.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:17 pm

"Don't be shy, let's hear it," Baatar encouraged. "If the cat doesn't like it, though, she will probably eat you."
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:27 pm

"Kyra does not eat people, she is samurai" he frowns and settles in, "Please let us hear your story"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:33 pm

"The cat is samurai?" the young Unicorn repeated, incredulously. "Well, then! If your story is good enough, Shinjo-san, maybe Kyra will marry you!" He grinned.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Hanashi closed his eye. He had envisioned that he woulf need to convince people that the Moto were samurai. He had never envisioned being told that a big cat was a samurai.

He opened his lone eye. "I'm sorry, before I begin. When exactly did the celestial order change so that an animal could be considered a samurai? It is not even half-human."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Once this most interesting exchange had started, the Otomo had all but forgotten the Usagi's story. With a quick flick of his hand out came his courtly fan, and with an even quicker *snap* it was unfurled and held up to his face. As he listened further to the conversation around the fire, he showed no sign anytime soon of lowering it, especially not now.

"... it has not changed, Shinjo-san."
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?
Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 2.5 | Courtship Points: 8

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Tomoe frowned a little. She understood how some people could get very attached to their animal companions, but calling them a samurai was going a bit too far.

"... Perhaps Shimizu-sama misspoke...?" the Hare offered in a cautious tone, allowing for the Lion to apologize.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:23 pm

"It has not changed, but your records may be in error, Shinjo sama, the warcats of the lion are descended from the tribe of Kitsu, a tribe of powerful shapechanging shugenja who Akodo One Eye warred with long ago. Many fled the wrath of the great general by hiding themselves in the form of large felines, before Akodo-Kami conquered thier tribe and allowed the survivors to become the Kitsu family of the lion, those who hid forgot thier powers and true form over time, and those are Kyra's ancestors. She has trained next to me since she was a child and competed in gempukku at the same time I did."

He waves toward the Kitsu "I am sure kitsu sama could speak more eloquently and knowledgable then me on the subject"

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:31 pm

"If that is the case, then her lineage would not be samurai." Kemuri spoke up. "It was those who became the Kitsu family and swore fealty to the Lion clan who became samurai. Those who did not, would be no different than the other human tribes who did not join the clans of the Empire. If your daimyo accepted her fealty as a samurai, as yours was accepted, then so be it. Was that what happened?"
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Hanashi nods slowly, feeling himself sinking into a quagmire. An idle part of his mind wondered what food had gotten into the Otomo's teeth, as he hadn't seen any before. The rest of it needed answers.

"Was she given a wakizashi, as a mark of samurai status? We may have been away a long time, but this is still strictly adhered to, as difficult as it was over the last five years to set up forges."

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Tomoe looked... well... like she was screaming internally. There was really no better explanation for it.

She looked at Kitsu Takashi that had joined them, mentally pleading with him, AS A KITSU SAMURAI, to put an end to this... this... well, insult to his Family-line, for lack of a better description.

"Shimizu-san... Kyra is a fine specimen, but... no, she is not a samurai. Just as the steeds of the Otaku are the finest horses, they are not samurai."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:11 pm

He seems to take the barrage of questions and statements in, frowning, his eyes also looking toward the Kitsu still.

Ryori considers, nodding as at least Kemuri admits Kyra to be a person, if not a samurai.

compulsion: what do you mean my sister isnt people?: 3d10o10k3 11

etiquette/awareness d2le try not to sound (completely) insane: 4d10o10k2 27

"Well... She performed gempukku, as I said, side by side with me going through all the tests. She stood before the daimyo just as I did and was granted her name. She did not speak the words of the oath, but she does not speak the rokugani language so that is understandable. She was not given her own wakazashi, but we fight as one, as per our training serving the daimyo together. And her hands are not made for kenjitsu"

He nods having laid his arguments out as respectfully as possible.

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:28 pm

Kemuri could not argue with the man's logic, for the most part.

"She is clearly an honorable and brave member of your family." He nodded. "I would say that her oaths are still to be made, in some way. But, that is conjecture. Only you, your daimyo and Kyra know the truth. It is clear that you see her as your equal."

"Most samurai will disagree with you on that point, I think. I have my doubts, but I do not know your ways or traditions. I respect your views, Shimizu-sama." he dipped his head. "And, I honestly think she is magnificent."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Takashi, who had been sitting comfortably, rises to a tall seiza to politely gain the attention of the assembled samurai. "Thank you, Shinjo Kemuri-san," he says with a respectful bow of his head, "and others, for this interesting discussion. I would share two thoughts before we return to the sharing of stories, as our honored host has provided a fine forum for doing." A head bow to Hanashi.

The Lion's voice becomes a little fuller as he speaks, commanding more attention without becoming loud or aggressive. "As our esteemed host, Ide Dabo-sama, reminded us yesterday, we have the code of Bushido to look to as we come together to better understand each other. No son or daughter of Akodo-kami would claim there is any measure of a true samurai but the tenets of Bushido."

He looks for a moment at Ryori, but he shows no sign of reproach. "Consider how now, just before us, Shimizu-san has shown fierce loyalty to his family and dojo, and how he speaks with sincerity as well as courtesy." Takashi pauses, adopting the posture for which Ikoma are singularly known: both hands flat against the obi, as a sign of peaceful intent.

"So if Shimizu-san is a true samurai, as no one should question, then surely we all, on our honor, shall take his sincere words, from the heart of a warrior, to our hearts." He smiles a little, looking around the group. "If anyone should doubt the force of honor behind the words of the Lion, that would not be a thing discussed around a welcoming campfire, late in the evening, after so much excitement."

Takashi's smile widens, and his voice turns more jovial. "Now, I must apologize that, after such an exciting day, I did not come prepared to relate the early history of the Lion Clan to this fine assembly." Slightly awkwardly, he bows without shifting position. "If a different tale from my clan should please you, it is cheerfully given, or the voices of the Lion may quiet for a time to hear a tale from another servant of the Emperor."

The wide smile remains as Takashi bows his head and settles back to a typical seiza.
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:10 am

Hanashi tries parsing Takashi's words a bit.

So, he's sincere and courteous but you're not confirming or denying what he said? Huh.

Finally he shrugs. "The lion, as noble a creature as it is, was not given the mark of a samurai status that is a wakizashi, thereby no affront to our ancestors has been made by equating its soul and place upon the celestial wheel as equal as to our ancestors. I will certainly understand that the noble creature that is Kyra may behave much like a samurai and will no doubt return to Nigen-do in her next life in such a place based on the wisdom of the Lion before me."

He looks to the two Lion samurai across the fire from him and bows a bit. "Thank you for clarifying what could have been a....dangerous statement."

Shinjo Hanashi

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts