Day 2 [Late Evening] Tea After Dark (Mizuki's Room)

Re: Day 2 [Late Evening] Tea After Dark (Mizuki's Room)

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:20 pm

And that got Mizuki's attention. She looks at Liu Fei waiting for an answer.

She is utterly unaware that her mask is a bothered to either sister. But their glances at her were getting to realize that something worried them. Was it her Status? Did they learn about the Yogo Curse? Was her real face known? Was it an Unicorn thing?

Regardless, it didn't matter now. What mattered was Liu Fei's answer to Suteichi's question.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Yue was not surprised that Fei had bested the man. What did surprise her was the directness of his question. Her mouth opened for a bit, out of pure shock, but she closed it soon afterward. She looked back to Mizuki and then realized it was a moot point to read her face. Blasted masks! I do wonder what she looks like behind there. Could it be that she has an injury like mine? No, that's far-fetched of me.

She turned to look at Fei. It appeared that all eyes were on her older sister.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:48 am

For all this normal Rokugani touch and go that was a suddenly forward thing to ask that clearly registered in the pause it induced in the woman. With everyone's eyes turning toward her there was a sudden urge to find Gokiburi and run, but no no that would be childish. Everyone, even Yue, seemed to be expecting an answer but what does one even say to a question like that?

"A man must do nothing but be something," she said, it sounded a bit cryptic when it came out but it was a pretty solid response given the way he worded his question, she thought. "Ambitious enough to have goals and strong enough to chase them."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:18 am

Suteichi nodded in agreement. The cryptic sounding answer was understood quite well. May not have been as eloquent to his liking but it was understood and well received. He took a moment to smile at her and have a sip of tea. He took up a more relaxed position. He felt himself becoming like his father during an interrogation. This was not an interrogation, it was a social tea if getting to know one another. He offered her and Liu Yue some sweets.

"An honest answer from a most honest woman. I can completely respect that. Please share in some daifuku. It is a sweet pastry. Quite delicious. I only enjoy them when I am in the midst of sweetest company." He of course took a bite first, bit of those Ryoko Owari methods coming out of him showing that the treats are just treats to enjoy.

"I'd like to know more about you Shinjo-sama as I would like for you to know about me. Open dialogue. You and even your sister are welcome to ask me anything."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Sounds like big sis.

Yue passively took one of the pastries after seeing his demonstration and stuffed it into her mouth. "Hey sis this is really good!" She blinked and then looked at both of the Scorpion. "Gomennasai. I was telling oneesan that the treats are tasty."

She kept her eyes down. Come on, I'm supposed to be the courtly one because SOMEBODY did not come prepared for the situation. She looked back up at Suteichi with a smile. "I would like to hear more about your immediate family." Her gaze shifted to Fei as an indication for why she brought the topic up.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 pm

Mizuki gave a small (possibly unnoticed) nod of approval to Fei's answer. Yes. I can see why Suteichi-kun would like her.

She gives a small frown the Mekhem speech. Really, do they think it's not rude to speak in a foreign tongue others cannot understand. Though she was mollified by the Unicorn's explanation. Remember Mizuki. They are rough around the edges.
At least she realized it. Let it go.
She gives the Unicorn a nod accepting her apology. "It is alright."

After getting blunt like her, Mizuki was curious if Suteichi would blatantly overshare. Akil seemed to take in stride. We'll see....
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Sounds like big sis.

Yue passively took one of the pastries after seeing his demonstration and stuffed it into her mouth. "Hey sis this is really good!" She blinked and then looked at both of the Scorpion. "Gomennasai. I was telling oneesan that the treats are tasty."

She kept her eyes down. Come on, I'm supposed to be the courtly one because SOMEBODY did not come prepared for the situation. She looked back up at Suteichi with a smile. "I would like to hear more about your immediate family." Her gaze shifted to Fei as an indication for why she brought the topic up.

Suteichi ignored the foreign speak. He was mildly annoyed by it but was able to pardon it.

"My immediate family. I am the youngest of four. My eldest brother I did not know very well. I have two older sisters. One who is an actress the other a courtier. My mother was a Kakita, trained at the Doji Courtier School. My father is a clan magistrate out of Ryoko Owari Toshi. I have always been close to both my parents watching them work up close." He gestured to Mizuki. "Yogo-sempai here has been like a surrogate sister. She has worked with my mother. The way of the courts and law has always been with me."

Suteichi took a moment to enjoy a piece of daifuku then continued.

"Please tell me more of your family."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:03 am

Yue caught herself quick enough that Fei didn't need to remind her in some innocuous way. Though, honestly, she was thankful for it. Ironically perhaps it gave enough of a distraction that Fei felt like she could avoid eating one, yet. Of course she knew she'd have to eventually but there was a hesitance there.

There was an unavoidable moment of surprise, a raised brow once he mentioned his eldest brother being one he didn't know well. A concept that Fei found completely foreign, to not know family.

"You've met my sister," she said, glancing to the side to indicate her sister. "Our Mother was lost years ago," she said at a quicker pace than most, slowing down again when she got to her father, "Our Father is still with us. Not available currently but he helps represent Shinjo interests alongside some of our Ide number."

That seemed the end of the family tree, but then she added, "Gokiburi is my horse, strong and resilient. While my sisters companion carries the name Hikazume."
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:46 am

The younger sister did not feel compelled to add more to the conversation. Instead, she decided to keep gobbling down the sweets offered to her. She was still curious about the man's family but she figured it was Fei's time to ask all of the questions.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:52 am

Still hasn't asked me anything... She's said nothing about what has been offered... is she even remotely interested?! Sure she's here but...I'm not going to just volunteer information.

Suteichi listened to her then tapped his lip.

"I have not seen your horse but would like to. Have you had your horses for a long time?"

Perhaps I should have stuck with the blunt approach. I only did that to shake conversation. Hmm...
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:41 pm

"Since my gempukku," she answered simply. There was a pause, yep definitely eyes were still on her. Seemed they expected more. What was she even supposed to ask? This was going about as awkwardly as she expected it to go. "He is a proud, stubborn.. horse, but he is a good partner and I would have no other."

Casually, she glanced to her sister who was gobbling down snacks.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:46 pm

Sister, what the...

Yue swallowed the snacks in her mouth hastily. "Suteichi-dono, do you," she trailed off. I should have came up with a question first! She glanced back at Fei with an annoyed look and then smiled at the man. "Do you know how to sing? Stories? Poetry?" She nodded at herself, satisfied with her request. Maybe he can woo her with actual colored words.

In the meantime, she decided to devour more food.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Sister, what the...

Yue swallowed the snacks in her mouth hastily. "Suteichi-dono, do you," she trailed off. I should have came up with a question first! She glanced back at Fei with an annoyed look and then smiled at the man. "Do you know how to sing? Stories? Poetry?" She nodded at herself, satisfied with her request. Maybe he can woo her with actual colored words.

In the meantime, she decided to devour more food.

I see someone knows how this is played...I had such hope for you Liu Fei...I do not like to be disappointed.

"I am in fact both a poet and musician, in addition to being a courtier. Shinjo Liu Fei-sama, might I honor with a word of poetry or a song?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:07 pm

"If you would like," she said, stopping herself short of crossing her arms from the looks that were sent her way. At least that would give her some reprieve from this. She finally asked a question, though it was probably not of the nature that was desired, "Did you have something prepared?"

In truth, there were questions she thought to ask. However just about all of them felt far too direct with an audience present, no.. no.. that wasn't it. Truthfully, as preferred to always be with herself, she didn't really know what was stopping her from asking her direct questions. It wasn't exactly like her, now was it.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:12 pm

Now then, being a chaperone certainly ruins the atmosphere. I wonder if things would be different if I wasn't here.

She nearly dropped her next pastry from the proceeding thought.

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms