Beat the Heat (D2, EA)

Re: Beat the Heat (D2, EA)

Postby Yuzuki on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:19 am

"Well, Kon is kind of dumb for a cat. I don't think it'd be too hard to catch him. But still, you'd think they'd know what a cat was."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:32 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:"Ah, yes. Of course." Noticing the slight change in her demeanor, he tried to perk himself up a little. Showing weakness was quite unbecoming, after all.

After a stern look to his horse that clearly told her to stay, he moved slightly toward the warcat, reaching out towards it slowly. "Do many in your clan train cats such as Noburu here? I'm aware that the Lion are one of the strongest, but how much of a role do they play in that ?"

"The Matsu family are those who train the Beastmasters, as well as other schools, so yes, there are a good number of them. The Matsu clan is a large part of the Lion's feriocity on the battle field, particularly the cats. Some say that the Akodo are the brain, but the Matsu are the heart of the lion."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:36 am

Yuzuki wrote:"Well, Kon is kind of dumb for a cat. I don't think it'd be too hard to catch him. But still, you'd think they'd know what a cat was."

"I guess they have a lot of horses, so maybe they don't think they need smaller pets. Hmm...I wonder if on their return that fashion will change. That would be quite the market..."

Tsume ponders the possibilities.

"Though I would want to explain about not eating them...perhaps we could start with something like lucky crickets..."
Piranha Clan • Courtier • Prone to Sadness • Likes Animals
Glory: 1.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 0
Carries: Wakazashi, Hat
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:39 am

"Perhaps cats are just regarded differently outside the Empire?" Takeo offered, "It is a very different world out there apparently. There is a desert, far more vast than anything we have here, for example."
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Yuzuki on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:40 am

"Crickets might just confuse them. Although I did talk with a Shinjo last night who named her horse after the cockroach."

She nodded toward Takeo

"It is hard to imagine, a sea of sand."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:45 am

"All sorts of terrible things exist outside the Empire. I'm quite glad our cousins are home so that they don't have to experience such horrors."

Tsume nods sternly.
Piranha Clan • Courtier • Prone to Sadness • Likes Animals
Glory: 1.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 0
Carries: Wakazashi, Hat
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:"We do," the flustered Phoenix explained, still covering her face. "But I haven't spent much time there myself to know. My family has a few horses, but not enough to overpower the senses."

"Not sure how you can live like that; but then I suppose we all have our own traditions." He stops to look at her a moment.

"Something in your teeth?"
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Asako Yuki on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:27 pm

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:
Asako Yuki wrote:"We do," the flustered Phoenix explained, still covering her face. "But I haven't spent much time there myself to know. My family has a few horses, but not enough to overpower the senses."

"Not sure how you can live like that; but then I suppose we all have our own traditions." He stops to look at her a moment.

"Something in your teeth?"

"Hmm? Oh! Ummm." The Phoenix continued to fluster, unable to think of anything else she eventually just went "Hai, hai. Yes. Just ate. A little while ago. Have, cheese, stuck. Didn't want to be rude. Yes." Yuki obviously wasn't very good at this as she kept the fan up, somehow managing to get even more red.

"Umm, well, hai. There is not a large dedicated cavalry in the Phoenix. For swift travel we often rely on our Shugenja."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:45 pm

His brow furrows. "I don't have any toothpicks with me. But your shugenja are that strong?"
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:05 pm

The tiny Moshi just kept quiet in a corner of the picnic staring at her bowl.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Asako Yuki on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:His brow furrows. "I don't have any toothpicks with me. But your shugenja are that strong?"

Yuki paused. "Hai, some of them." She finally admitted. "The Master of Water, for example, is capable of taking herself an others across nearly the entire empire in moments. Well, from what I hear anyway."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:38 pm

(Kumahime disregards the Moshi's protests, "You have been traveling, Moshi-san! It is important to get your strength back up!" Unfortunately for some, the large woman serves everyone her idea of what a bowl should be, serving herself last and adding a healthy portion of the cheese to it as the topic of cats arises.

"It seems strange that he would not know what a cat is. I should think cats would be important to travelers; they defend food stores from pests, and need little attention. Maybe this Unicorn was not familiar with the breed?"
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:57 pm

"I don't know if I would want to marry someone who would eat a cat." Daisuke said with a small frown. Perhaps he had found a new criteria to look for in any future wives. A lack of a desire to eat someone's pets.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:Yuki paused. "Hai, some of them." She finally admitted. "The Master of Water, for example, is capable of taking herself an others across nearly the entire empire in moments. Well, from what I hear anyway."

An eyebrow and an eyepatch raise up. "That....is certainly something. Horses must seem quaint, next to that kind of traveling if it is that reliable."

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:"The Matsu family are those who train the Beastmasters, as well as other schools, so yes, there are a good number of them. The Matsu clan is a large part of the Lion's ferocity on the battle field, particularly the cats. Some say that the Akodo are the brain, but the Matsu are the heart of the lion."

He smiled while crouching down not too distant from the big cat, eyes on it. "I have heard many tales of your family, yes. Your heart and passion is one thing that never fails to be mentioned." He extended his hand slowly towards the cat, but not too close. He thought that seemed appropriate.

"Our clan has a similar arrangement, as I guess most do. The Shinjo lead, the Moto and Otaku strike, the Iuchi support us, and the Ide speak for us." He paused for a moment to look up to her, smile still in place "I guess our families have a quite similar role."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field