Back on my feet (Day 2 late Morning)

Re: Back on my feet (Day 2 late Morning)

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:38 am

That was a bit more of a reaction then he had been expecting, but still it made him smile. "I'd always thought so. Though I also know many don't get that chance. Marriages are often arranged and you hardly get a chance to know your spouse at all before you are wed."

But since I have the chance I figured, I'm one of the lucky ones so I should make the most of it."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:42 am

Yue's cheeks simmered down, though she still felt a little embarrassed. "It is a great opportunity for all present, Daisuke-dono. I am glad you are making the most of it."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:36 am

"And do you plan to do so as well Shinjo-san?" He figured she would but he couldn't be quite certain. After all, thus far it seemed like she had talked as much about her sister as she had herself.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:43 am

"Hai! I would be a fool not to, Daisuke-dono." Still, perhaps he could have picked up some of her Doubt surrounding the situation. "I have met many potential suitors so far. There are many Scorpion present," she reflected. She thought of one light joke to alleviate her own mood. "And a Badger!"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:53 am

Unfortunately enough for his companion, while Daisuke could of probably found her if she was lost in the wilderness, he wasn't nearly so well versed in sniffing out people's insecurities. "Hai a Badger." He chuckled. "And believe it or not we are a rare sight in most places in the Empire."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:54 pm

A sly smirk emerged from her lips. "A woman may enjoy the rarity, Daisuke-dono." Unlike him, however, she did not try to meet his gaze and set him off-guard. Her thoughts wandered to the other women of her Clan instead. I wonder whom the the others are hoping to marry.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:19 pm

"One would hope so Shinjo-san." It was after all the point, if he couldn't gain the attention of some of the ladies here it would probably end disastrous. Well maybe not that bad, but at the very least it would be embarrassing.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:23 pm

"You are not at the bottom of the notice board," she said as consolation. The Shinjo scratched the back of her head, her eyes elsewhere. "I am," she admitted.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:00 pm

He was close to the bottom though, which was still not as bad as her as she pointed out. "I don't think that will remain the case though Shinjo-san, Surely you will have plenty of opportunities to showcase your skills and impress upon the people here how good of a match you truly are."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Yue nodded, not showing any Doubt. "I am not a courtier. I aim to do well in the events of the Shinjo and Moto." She had no idea that the Archery Competition would be impossible for her. "However, my father wishes I had his talent," she continued. She figured she might as well tell him more about herself. "He often works with the Ide."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:08 pm

"Hopefully I will do the same." He agreed with a nod. "Though if the events turn towards horsemanship, it's likely I won't do all that well."

As she turned the topic towards herself he smiled. "So your father has some skill in politics. Did he perhaps train with the Ide then?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:12 pm

"Do you need a teacher?" She let out a small laugh. "I am already teaching others. Another student would not be a problem."

Now if only I was good as my sister...

The Shinjo nodded. "He possesses a political mind, Daisuke-dono. He represents our Family when they need someone carrying the name to do so."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:48 pm

"If you wouldn't mind. I never took the chance to practice in school, as I didn't think I would need to know how to ride in the mountains. I'd offer to teach you something as well in trade, but I don't know what I might know that be useful to you."

"A good skill to have, and one most in my clan are lacking. But we make do, mostly because we stay out of the way of most other clans."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Yue thought on the matter for a moment. "What skills do you have to offer?" she asked out of curiosity.

"Sou desu ka." She paused and then gave a meek smile. "How do the Great Clans and Minor Clans interact, Daisuke-dono? I have not fully grasped the concept."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:48 pm

"Mostly those related to scouting. Erasing my presence, the creation and placing of traps, tracking people, things like that." He purposefully left out archery, it seemed wise not to mention something she could not do after all.

'Well in my experience at least you mainly try to stay out of their way, and not offend them. There is a charter against great clans warring against us, but there are ways around it. Take the Tonbo for example, they were recently devastated by the Lion and forced into a position where they had to become vassals of the Dragon to survive."

Ichiro Daisuke

PreviousNext

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village