[D2 EA] A Picnic

Re: [D2 EA] A Picnic

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:14 am

It occurs to her that, if there was something wrong with the answer she had given Suteichi, there was still time to repair the damage. As water wears down the stone, and ice crack it wide open...

"Allow me the honour to perform for you first. Then if it pleases you, we might join our talents?"
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:44 am

Hotaru's masked eye deviated her attention from Dong-Ha from a moment to look at the other conversing couple, then looking back to the Iuchi with a reapplied smile. Heeeeavy...

"...Well, to give credit where it is due, it was probably Isawa and provided the Phoenix with much of their spiritual roots. At least, from my meagre understanding. Many of the spiritual families, not all but a good portion of them, have Isawa to thank for his initial propagation of our modern understanding of the kami. From there, we refined his teaching to better suit our temperaments. I've been schooled by the Soshi, myself." She did a quick gesture to indicate her off-Family mon on her outfit.

"Oh, I can only hope so!" She chuckled. "We aid the priests of the kami in their ceremonial functions, some become priests themselves. Even if we don't traditionally lead in ceremonies, we are required to do so in their absence, which I've been asked to do a few times. Ultimately, I'd like to think that our main duties are as much to the people as they are to the kami and Heavens. Not everyone understands things the way we do and we serve to translate our understanding as well as we can. I suppose that's why I've chosen both dance and divination to be those mediums where I broadcast their message to a mortal understanding for all to give meaning to their lives."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:49 am

Ide Amaya wrote:It occurs to her that, if there was something wrong with the answer she had given Suteichi, there was still time to repair the damage. As water wears down the stone, and ice crack it wide open...

"Allow me the honour to perform for you first. Then if it pleases you, we might join our talents?"

Suteichi looked at her directly in the eyes and spoke with a certain sincere conviction.

"Lady Ide-sama, being here with you pleases me just fine. Your song would be an added point to this. Please, do grace me with your talent. I know I am not your actual, chosen intended but this I can and will do whether you choose me or not. It is to be kind and patient to you. If that makes you happy then I am honored to have brought you to that happiness." he picked up his samisen "and will join my talent with your happiness. Please, sing for me. Please?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:03 am

And like water, she melts. Her storm-coloured eyes seem to take on a hue less grey and more blue, maybe it's just the way that she's looking at him. Her wits seeming to have entirely left her, she barely seems to be able to remember the opening words of her chosen song. But once she begins, the lyrics flow easily from her tongue, and never has she sung so sweetly.

---

Song
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:49 am

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:Hotaru's masked eye deviated her attention from Dong-Ha from a moment to look at the other conversing couple, then looking back to the Iuchi with a reapplied smile. Heeeeavy...

"...Well, to give credit where it is due, it was probably Isawa and provided the Phoenix with much of their spiritual roots. At least, from my meagre understanding. Many of the spiritual families, not all but a good portion of them, have Isawa to thank for his initial propagation of our modern understanding of the kami. From there, we refined his teaching to better suit our temperaments. I've been schooled by the Soshi, myself." She did a quick gesture to indicate her off-Family mon on her outfit.

"Oh, I can only hope so!" She chuckled. "We aid the priests of the kami in their ceremonial functions, some become priests themselves. Even if we don't traditionally lead in ceremonies, we are required to do so in their absence, which I've been asked to do a few times. Ultimately, I'd like to think that our main duties are as much to the people as they are to the kami and Heavens. Not everyone understands things the way we do and we serve to translate our understanding as well as we can. I suppose that's why I've chosen both dance and divination to be those mediums where I broadcast their message to a mortal understanding for all to give meaning to their lives."

Dong-Ha followed Hotaru's gaze and he offered her a small shrug as an explanation. Perhaps the other two just got along really well? He didn't blame the Ide for being fascinated by the cultured Bayushi, as flowery as his words were. The part where Suteichi had noted everyone wearing masks had him thinking.

"We only know Isawa by the stories related to Shiba." Dong-Ha admitted, feeling rather awkward as the topic of kami resurfaced. The fact that most of the Iuchi could not hear the kami had severe implications when the grand picture was considered. In a way, it suggested that the Unicorn had been alienated from the Celestial Order. "So the dances are not used to placate or please the kami, but to convey their messages?" He had thought her dances be kind of an offering.

"Soshi was one of the Bayushi-kami's students, right?" The family had not been established until few years before the Unicorn left the Empire and while the name had been common knowledge during the first century, there were very few legends regarding this mysterious figure and so his name was not as well known as Shosuro, the first follower of Bayushi. "Mayhaps Bayushi-san can tell us about the Soshi..." Then Amaya began to sing, leaving Dong-Ha stunned.

Ide Amaya wrote:And like water, she melts. Her storm-coloured eyes seem to take on a hue less grey and more blue, maybe it's just the way that she's looking at him. Her wits seeming to have entirely left her, she barely seems to be able to remember the opening words of her chosen song. But once she begins, the lyrics flow easily from her tongue, and never has she sung so sweetly.

Dong-ha's eyes darted to Amaya as she sung. Once she was done he offered her a brief bow. "Cousin... that was amazing." His tone of admiration was genuine. "You do our kin proud."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:47 am

Ide Amaya wrote:And like water, she melts. Her storm-coloured eyes seem to take on a hue less grey and more blue, maybe it's just the way that she's looking at him. Her wits seeming to have entirely left her, she barely seems to be able to remember the opening words of her chosen song. But once she begins, the lyrics flow easily from her tongue, and never has she sung so sweetly.

---

Song

Suteichi geuinely smiled.

"Most impressive Ide-sama. Most impressive indeed. You have a voice that is blessed of the heavens. I hope that we could share our talents together."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:07 pm

"It serves as both, really," she said in regards to the dances she performed in her occupation. "I suppose what the kami and people see is entirely differently. It's just a pleasant coincidence that the aesthetics can be appreciated by all."

"Hm, the Soshi..." she murmured on an unsure note, not knowing what to beginning.

Before she could collect her thoughts on the matter, she put asise her concentration and gave Amaya her attention. It was truly a delight to witness her talents. She would give momentary glances at her cousin to see his reaction. At the end of her performance, she gave Amaya a pleased smile with a quite applause. "That was wonderful, Ide-san! I feel rather grateful that you've chosen to share this treasure with us."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:17 pm

Amaya's cheeks and ears turned pink at the warmth of praise from her audience, and though she tried to murmur deflections of their generous words, the words came out in an anxious tumble, "it was, too kind, my pleasure," her voice seemed very tiny after the strength of her performance. Failing to form an appropriate response, Amaya instead busied herself with her tea cup, trying to will the heat from her cheeks and half wishing the cup was big enough that she could climb inside and hide.

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:21 pm

"Bayushi-san, please tell us, how would Ide-san compare to the artists performing at the grand courts?" Dong-Ha turned to Suteichi, figuring he'd have some experience of such thing. The matter of Soshi was forgotten, for the time being.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:23 pm

At Dong-Ha's question, she shot her cousin an alarmed look, entirely unsure if she wanted to know the answer.

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Bayushi-san, please tell us, how would Ide-san compare to the artists performing at the grand courts?" Dong-Ha turned to Suteichi, figuring he'd have some experience of such thing. The matter of Soshi was forgotten, for the time being.

The Bayushi answered the Iuchi mystic while keeping a favorable look on Amaya.

"She would certainly be among the greats at court. " his answer came without preamble. "Lady Ide-sama would certainly be a darling of many courts." He finished with a nod to her and then turned to Dong-Ha with the same nod. He produced some sweets from his sleeve.

"Some daifuku? It is a sweet delicacy. Figured I would share it with such a sweet songstress."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Amaya set her tea cup down very carefully. He was watching her from behind that mask and the dark liquid pools of his eyes seemed like they would swallow her whole. "That this one's voice pleases you is praise of the highest order. I would be honoured to sample this daifuku."

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:15 pm

"I confess, I could listen to you go on and on. So I wish to know more about you and I am sure you wish to know more about me. Please feel at liberty to ask me anything. Ide-sama. Tell me, how is it you have such wonderful training in song?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:The Bayushi answered the Iuchi mystic while keeping a favorable look on Amaya.

"She would certainly be among the greats at court. " his answer came without preamble. "Lady Ide-sama would certainly be a darling of many courts." He finished with a nod to her and then turned to Dong-Ha with the same nod. He produced some sweets from his sleeve.

"Haa." Dong-Ha nodded to the Scorpion. "I am glad Bayushi-san thinks that Ide-san could fit well in..." If one of the Unicorn could fit in the courts, maybe even the Moto had some hope of becoming an actual part of the Empire. Then he blinked.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Hotaru nodded along in reassurance to the words spoken by Suteichi. "I would be quite assured by Bayushi-san's words. Kyuden Bayushi is known to be one of the highest, and harshest, courts in the Empire. Even though I haven't been there myself, my parents and some of my siblings have trained there too. I don't think such flattering would come lightly from anyone, especially from a courtier who found his beginnings there."

Bayushi Hotaru

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields