D2, EE - Checkups (outside Yukarin's yurt)

D2, EE - Checkups (outside Yukarin's yurt)

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:32 pm

After the event, Yukarin found herself dwelling over the test as she had dinner, still thinking about it as she went back to her her yurt. Sitting outside in the shade she sat on a cushion with a book, one she'd rarely taken out that was in Mekhet.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Re: D2, EE - Checkups (outside Yukarin's yurt)

Postby Togashi Udo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Udo saw Yukarin reading and visibly approached, bowing low as he came near.

"After last night, I wanted to ensure that you were feeling better. I asked where I might find you. I hope that is okay?"
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Looking up from the book Yukarin gave a big warm smile, closing the books sans bookmark and setting it down before standing, "Absolutely, Togashi-shama. You and Usagi-san were both a great help last night and I never did get to thank either of you. So I'm more than happy to have you come by."

Without the swelling Yukarin certainly looked more pretty, and her voice was certainly much more rich and clear. It also seemed she was much more spritely and vivacious, apparently quiet over her illness.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:43 pm

"You are certainly looking much better..." It dawns on Udo as he says it that 1) this could be taken another way and 2) one of the ways it could be taken was negatively that she didn't last night. He blushes. "I mean to say that you're looking goo... healthy. You look very healthy today."

Udo inwardly kicks himself for stumbling over himself. It is uncommon, but he was a bit surprised by how different she was today.

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:58 pm

"Well I certainly ~feel~ much better, thanks to the benevolence of Jurojin-okami."

If she caught any alternate meaning to the words she didn't let on, instead swishing back and forth in her light summer robes to emphasize the point that she did, if fact, feel good.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:03 am

"That make me happy. I, myself, just came from the challenge put forth by the Ide to learn a new language. I found it quite interesting, though I can't say it came naturally to me. Nevertheless, I hope it gave me some insight into a small fraction of what it is like to travel outside the Empire. I cannot imagine being in a place where everyone speaks another language."

He looks up a bit into the sky and then back at her. "I am very glad I'm here to experience this."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:17 am

"It WAS quite interesting, wasn't it? That's why I took this out of storage actually," Yukarin looked back and nudged the book with her sandal, "Not that I imagine I'll be able to read it any time soon..."

Looking at Udo once more, she tilted her head a little, "Mmm, but I am certainly glad to be here as well. Even if I have spent almost half my time so far sick."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:25 am

"I imagine you'll be quite busy meeting everyone. I'm sure many wish to spend time with you... That is the way of it with interesting samurai, particularly at a miai."

Udo shifts his weight between his legs and looks toward her book. "How did you do? I found it got easier over time, as the words worked their way into my thoughts."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:39 am

"The event? It was fun, though it didn't take too long to figure out the algorithms they were using for their transpositions. Still, it was a VERY interesting mental exercise. That's why I was thinking about whether other languages might be able to be considered in that way or not..."
Yukarin looked contemplative as she said this, the hand not on her face playing idly with the jade magatama on her necklace.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:45 am

Udo found himself just sort of looking at her as she thought, and a moment later realized he'd started getting into one of his meditation head spaces.

"...and? Any initial conclusions?" He wasn't sure exactly what she meant, but he'd be happy to hear more anyway.

"My sensei always said that much communication doesn't come from language bit from the body. How close two people stand. Where they look..." he suddenly looked away, self conscious. "The test ignored all that."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:05 am

"Hai; I remember someone saying that about written communication once; Though they were saying that made it lifeless, and I disagree. It just means a writer needs to be more conscientious about their words if they wish to get their message across correctly. As to my conclusions..."

She looked back down at Udo with a sheepish smile, "You'd have to wait for that I'm afraid; I only just got the book out moments before you came along. And I'm sure it will take some time."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:14 am

"I insist you tell me what you determine, when you do so." Udo smiles. "I have much to learn, and one should always learn from the wise."

"As for written word, that makes sense. If you see the original, the calligraphy may even tell you much. A stronger stroke here or there..." Udo looks into her eyes. A thing must be taken as a whole, for the whole is more than the sum of its parts."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:26 am

"I will try my best not to disappoint in my results then... or my writing. I could honestly use more practice writing. So perhaps I should think of this all as an opportunity. To write about my thoughts that is, whether that be in pillowbook form or in letters."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:33 am

"Regardless of the outcome, this one finds it hard to imagine being disappointed in time spent together." Udo inclines his head toward her.

"If you need someone to write letters with, I would gladly be that person. I do not have much experience with it myself, so you would have to bear with me, but it would be a good experience. If I end up back in the mountains, writing would be a good way to spend the time, beyond meditating..." Udo seems a little unsure of himself at the end there (he really likes meditating).

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:19 am

Yukarin grins softly and leans in a little.
"And here I thought meditation and enlightenment were supposed to be all one needed in a monastery. Well, and that joke about pants, but I digress... wouldn't letters be a distraction?"

The last question was more serious.
Iuchi Yukarin

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts