Beat the Heat (D2, EA)

Re: Beat the Heat (D2, EA)

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Leading his horse, Mori; or Mori following behind his human Shinjo Hanashi depending on your viewpoint, the pair made their way to the field of horsemanship!

It would be good to get prepared with the track; and if it was done in the heat of the day why then both would be prepared; if it would be cooler then they'd be more then prepared!

Still, it would explain why Hanashi was bringing a bucket of water along.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Coming to the Horsemanship field, Yuki looked out upon the field, spotting a number of people already engaged in conversation, and none of them with a horse, she picked the Unicorn that did. Smiling, she approached the man. "A lovely animal, Shinjo-san." She glanced at the water. "Do you intend to run him then? Get some experience on the track?"
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:55 pm

A bit of a bow.

"Uh...hai, Samurai-sama." He turns a bit and peers at her mons. "Phoenix-sama." His brow furrows a little. "Shiba-sama?"
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Kitsune Kumahime wrote:A large woman approaches, carrying a big, hearty-smelling pot in one hand, and bowls and utensils in the other. She sets down her pot and bows to those gathered, "Greetings, honored guests. I am Kitsune Kumahime, Student of the Proud Bear, and lunch has arrived!"

She starts doling out her work, a stew of rice and chicken and thick, starchy vegetables she hadn't worked with before, but were close enough to things she'd seen, and she discussed them with the quartermaster for tips on how best to prepare it anyways. "Our hosts were kind enough to provide some of their cheese, as well, for those who enjoyed it. It should go well with the stew. Please, eat up!" She presses a bowl on the willowy Moshi; she could definitely use a good meal.

((Craft: Cooking: 3d10o10k2 18))

The mention of cheese made Daisuke go a bit green, but it didn't seem like there was any in the stew so he was likely safe. " I spoke with a Shinjo woman earlier today, but I have yet to meet and of the Otaku."

"Is there any in particular you have your eye on though Kitsune-Sama? " He would likely give up on any possible pursuit of any the fox was after.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Yuzuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:06 pm

"Kitsune-san," she acknowledged the large woman with a light bow of the head.

She wasn't sure if she liked or disliked cheese; but her reaction to it was undoubtedly less severe as that of Daisuke. Cheese definitely wasn't her idea of fine dining, but the bear knew how to cook, and Yuzuki needed to eat. So there were no complaints.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:23 pm

"I would consider myself fortunate to be paired with any of the shiotome," he replied, "though Otaku Kitakuhime-sama stands out as being particularly impressive."
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:28 pm

"A...arigatou Kitsune san..." She smiled politely. "I... I... don't eat that much."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:31 pm

"Oh, thank you for the gift of this fine food."

She looks at the cheese.

"A fascinating thing. Like sake which preserves the spirit of Inari beyond corruption, but for milk."
Piranha Clan • Courtier • Prone to Sadness • Likes Animals
Glory: 1.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 0
Carries: Wakazashi, Hat
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:36 pm

"I think I'll stick to sake..."

"That stew looks good though."

Kitsune Takeo wrote:"I would consider myself fortunate to be paired with any of the shiotome," he replied, "though Otaku Kitakuhime-sama stands out as being particularly impressive."

"I can't say I've had the honor to meet her, but I wish you luck in your pursuit." He offered polietly, mentally marking the name off his list of potentials.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Re: Extra training [D2, EA]

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo noticed the nervousness of the steed and the slight change in Shinjo-san's posture. She clicked her tongue and used a command word to keep Noburu farther back than she had from the other steeds they had so far met. "Shinjo-san, how are you this warm afternoon?"

While he noticed the lion move back, Taichi rode up as close as was polite before dismounting. Keeping a firm hand on his horse's neck to stop it from balking, he closed the rest of the distance. His movements seemed a little more sluggish than they should be. "Fair enough, Matsu-san. Perhaps not in top condition..." he looked pointedly at his horse "but then again, neither of us is at the moment."

"So who is this one?" He gestured to the warcat.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Re: Extra training [D2, EA]

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo noticed the nervousness of the steed and the slight change in Shinjo-san's posture. She clicked her tongue and used a command word to keep Noburu farther back than she had from the other steeds they had so far met. "Shinjo-san, how are you this warm afternoon?"

While he noticed the lion move back, Taichi rode up as close as was polite before dismounting. Keeping a firm hand on his horse's neck to stop it from balking, he closed the rest of the distance. His movements seemed a little more sluggish than they should be. "Fair enough, Matsu-san. Perhaps not in top condition..." he looked pointedly at his horse "but then again, neither of us is at the moment."

"So who is this one?" He gestured to the warcat.

She nods, noting his haggard look. "Were you ill as well last night? It seems that many were. I know my belly roiled like a storm." She notes his gaze and gesture. "This is one is Noburu, a mischevious lionness WarCat. I have asked her to step back, because it seems your steed is slightly nervous of her and she has a cat's sense of humor. She will do what she is told though."

She gestures to his horse. "And who is your companion?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:27 pm

I did notice that some seemed to be leaving the dinner in some... discomfort. Personally I had no problems."

Unsure exactly how much he was supposed to say about the previous night, Taichi does his best to keep broad "There was an incident among the yurts that resulted in a fire. It appears to have been resolved, but it did affect my sleep."

"A fine beast companion indeed. This is Harukaze, by the way. She has served with me for a number of years now." He looked to the horse. "The events of last night seem to have put her on edge though."

With a quizzical look to his face, he thought back to what she had said "A cat's sense of humour?"
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:33 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:I did notice that some seemed to be leaving the dinner in some... discomfort. Personally I had no problems."

Unsure exactly how much he was supposed to say about the previous night, Taichi does his best to keep broad "There was an incident among the yurts that resulted in a fire. It appears to have been resolved, but it did affect my sleep."

"A fine beast companion indeed. This is Harukaze, by the way. She has served with me for a number of years now." He looked to the horse. "The events of last night seem to have put her on edge though."

With a quizzical look to his face, he thought back to what she had said "A cat's sense of humour?"

She nodded. "I had heard something of that. A fire of some kind. I am sorry you lost your rest to it." She listens attentively to his words. "A fire would put any creature on edge. It is a natural instinct." She saw the look on his face and covered her mouth for a laugh. "Merely that she enjoys discomfiting others and seeing their reaction. Like a cat who will not stop pushing a small object until it goes over the edge."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:59 pm

There is someone who lost more he thought, but kept quiet.

"Ah, I see. Fascinating..." His expression turned to one of thoughtfulness as he absorbed the words of wisdom. "I have seen a few people to whom that phrase seems most apt, I'll have to remember it. I believe there was also a mouse somewhere in the story?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:02 pm

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:A bit of a bow.

"Uh...hai, Samurai-sama." He turns a bit and peers at her mons. "Phoenix-sama." His brow furrows a little. "Shiba-sama?"

"Shiba-san is fine." She replied with a warm smile. "This one is Asako Yuki." She finally said, bowing to the man and his horse.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field