Daily History Lessons (Day 1, Late Morning)

Re: Daily History Lessons (Day 1, Late Morning)

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:53 pm

“Why not simply say more strong?” she asks honestly.

“Moto blood is strong... imp... impeccablu, we are the thunder of the Unicorn. Imperial blood is strong as well, yes? My spirit is strong, my sword is swift, and my blood burns with the fire of my ancestors; it is known. My line is one of heroes, no less is expected of me.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:She made her return to her tent to sort things for the next few days when she noticed another Imperial in the periphery. Naturally, she bowed politely to greet her. "Oh, ohayou gozaimasu, Seppun-sama! You've come to join your kinsmen in the history discussion?"

"Ah, Lady Sun's blessing. Just listening, trying to learn. I have, I am afraid, had little chance to study history, so I am learning new things from both sides."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:36 pm

"I imagine that there will be much to learn in the next few days." She said as she gave a few nods toward the discussion. "We trade lessons for new opinions and it seems that the Unicorn have many of them."

"My apologies if I'm interrupting you, Seppun-sama! I was just curious." She chuckled as she dipped down in a deep bow. "This one is Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of Tengoku's Path. Pleased to meet you!"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“Why not simply say more strong?” she asks honestly.

“Moto blood is strong... imp... impeccablu, we are the thunder of the Unicorn. Imperial blood is strong as well, yes? My spirit is strong, my sword is swift, and my blood burns with the fire of my ancestors; it is known. My line is one of heroes, no less is expected of me.”

It was hard to hide is amusement of this warrior girl.

Like a Hida, just more feral

"My battles are fought in courts Moto-san, a concept strange to your clan, I know. But it is said that our courts are like a battlefield, words are our weapons. I use words that are not 'simple' because I carry impeccable words" he mentions with a slight grin, he realised this might end in another strange conundrum of literal interpretations, but he wasn't bored by it yet

"My blood is strong indeed. The blood of Seppun family runs deep with both the blood of our Holy Son of the Light, the Hantei famliy as well as our beautiful Clan of the Crane. It is truly an honour to carry such legacy."

He pauses for a moment in contemplation.

"You have courts in the Unicorn Clan? Places where leaders and social samurai meet to discuss Clan matters?"
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Seppun Aramoro wrote:He pauses for a moment in contemplation.

"You have courts in the Unicorn Clan? Places where leaders and social samurai meet to discuss Clan matters?"

“I do not know if like what you say, the Ide carry the words and often speak for the Clan. Among the Moto we handle things directly, elders decide on things as needed or strong leader decide and we act. Much shouting, sometimes fighting, but decision gets made and we act,” she says confidently.

“If Moto-dono speak, then Moto act as one. No need more for debate.”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:40 pm

He laughs internally to himself
"Much shouting, sometimes fighting, but decision gets made and we act," As any other Rokugani court

"Sounds like court to me. Tell me Moto-san, you seem like a person that speaks their mind. What do you think of this Miai, the meeting of people te be married?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:46 pm

No one had asked her opinion on this thing and she smiles and says, “Good for Unicorn, we need to understand much of what Empire is like, same as when Moto come to serve Shinjo. From those we learn and we change to better know the land and people.”

“Other clans learn about Unicorn, not sure if they want to learn, I think some think we fools or weak. Unicorn strong, we learn and we survive. Moto must learn as well, and we will but we will always be Moto. I think it good and if I find good bride to take home over my horse, even better.”

“If I need marry to new family, so be it. Make Moto stronger still. Impeccablu.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:57 pm

His sides could barely take anymore strain from restraining his laughter. This girl's manners are so delightfully strange, he enjoyed it. Never would he openly admit this to his peers though.

"There are many families in Rokugan that respects a proper warrior above a samurai that understands the Empire well. You will find a... bride soon enough that will be willing to be flung across your horse"

He giggles to himself internally, oh let it be a Doji

With an oppertunity to speak to Khulun once the other ears have moved away "I am certain as such a confident warriors you have faced terrible monsters in your travels. I must ask, as a priest and protector myself, have you ever come across things that cast spells? Or bend the world to their will?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:23 pm

She chuckles, “Be careful Imperial, perhaps I’ll take you home, decorate you in furs and we’ll ride and crush our enemies!”

“We have faced sorcerers… some have seen the Jinn, and other things that rely on magic. Massacre can kill anything so I fear them not, most do not survive a strong charge and an axe to the skull. Iuchi also have strong magic, far stronger than most.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:42 pm

Aramoro laughed discreetly with the Moto at her comment, both because it was another amusing comment and because the image of being abducted like that made him nervous. His demeanour became more somber at the mention of her enemies.

"I mentioned the Kuni before, the Kuni and the Hare Clan help us fight such sorcerers. Does your Clan have defenders like this? To fight sorcerers when the blade does not know where to strike?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:58 pm

“I do not understand I think, we all fight, if matters are of magic we rely on the Iuchi to sort it out,” she says honestly.

“The Iuchi keep the magic secrets. It is known.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:18 pm

"Well then Moto-san, I look forward to the day you introduce me to your Iuchi. Then the three of us could have another pleasant conversation." He gives a slight nod in thanks.
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:39 pm

"May the shade protect you," she says in reply.

"Thanks for the lesson, Rabbit-sensei," she then departs.
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:05 pm

"Thank you for your presence, Moto-sama," Tomoe bowed to the departing Moto princess. "Fortunes watch over you."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Seppun Hitako on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:57 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:"I imagine that there will be much to learn in the next few days." She said as she gave a few nods toward the discussion. "We trade lessons for new opinions and it seems that the Unicorn have many of them."

"My apologies if I'm interrupting you, Seppun-sama! I was just curious." She chuckled as she dipped down in a deep bow. "This one is Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of Tengoku's Path. Pleased to meet you!"

"No interruption. I am just observing. That is what Seppun do, right? Observe." She smiles to show she is joking. "This one is Seppun Hitako, student of the Jade Champion. I am, I admit, curious what the Unicorn will bring to the Empire. What they have learned about the world outside the Empire."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts