Tea In The Morning (D2 LM) [Mizuki's Room, Private]

Tea In The Morning (D2 LM) [Mizuki's Room, Private]

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:38 am

Mizuki waits for her Bayushi Sutiechi and Shinjo Akil to arrive.

After some thought, she leaves her mask off, applying simple make-up.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Re: Tea In The Morning (D2 LM) [Mizuki's Room, Private]

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:48 am

A scratch at the door soon came and when Mizuki answered, Suteichi never would admit openly just how beautiful his sempai was. He knew she would be a perfect bride to the right suitor. He did not look at her too long and turned his attention to the room. It was a place that was more to his liking than that of a mere elaborate tent in some field. Suteichi awaited to be asked to be seated.

"Your accommodations are quite nice honored sempai. Most adequate."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Akil on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:18 am

Akil made his way to the tent, opting against furs today (mostly since it was hot as hell). He scratched against the door, entering only when requested and immediately boring politely, waiting of course to be fully acknowledged before saying anything.

He hadn't even noticed yet that the Yogo was unmasked.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:27 am

She slowly makes her way over to the door to let Suteichi in. She bows. "Suteichi-kun, come in." When talks about her room, she responds. "Hai. The Unicorn were very kind. I don't believe any of their own have a room." She tried not to comment on her friend's tent. She offers him a seat, "Please, sit"

When the Unicorn comes, she invites him in, "Please come in and have a seat Shinjo-san."

When Akil looks, he will notice Mizuki makes a beautiful Crane beauty. Her eyes are a piercing blue. She is blessed with natural white hair of her heritage. And face looks much closer to the Crane members than the Scorpion.

"Have you eaten rice today?"

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:35 am

Not that that necessarily meant anything to Akil, though the noted difference between her and Suteichi was at least intriguing enough for personal notation. He offered a smile as he seated himself, hands folding in on his lap. "Yogo-san, Bayushi-san. I am honored by your invitation, thank you. I have indeed enjoyed rice this morning, and thank you for your consideration on the matter."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:Not that that necessarily meant anything to Akil, though the noted difference between her and Suteichi was at least intriguing enough for personal notation. He offered a smile as he seated himself, hands folding in on his lap. "Yogo-san, Bayushi-san. I am honored by your invitation, thank you. I have indeed enjoyed rice this morning, and thank you for your consideration on the matter."

Suteichi bowed deeply to the Shinjo.

"Honored Shinjo-sama, welcome. This one is Bayushi Suteichi, apprentice courtier and kohai of Yogo-sempai sama." he turned to Mizuki.

"Might I pour you both tea, honored Sempai?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:43 pm

She nods to Suteichi. "Please."

She turns back to Akil, "The tea is a favorite in the Bayushi lands. A nice mild blend." Thankfully, her stomach probably could not take more. Somehow, it was more real now. She was lost for words. Which is bad considering her schooling.

"If I may be so bold, I would like to know a little about your family Shinjo-san." Mizuki falls back to her merchant self and gets straight down to business.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:49 pm

Akil took the cup in his hand and took a small sniff of it, trying his best to be polite about the whole thing. "It has an interesting scent, to be sure," he commented, sipping on it lightly. "And it's taste is pleasing as well."

At the question of his family, he considered carefully. "The Shinjo are the head family of the Unicorn, as I am sure you are aware. By and large, our family is somewhat nomadic, which is likely not surprising considering our origins." Another sip of the tea before he continued. "Beyond that, we are a family of warriors. Cavalry tactics are naturally common from a military standpoint."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:04 pm

For his part, Suteichi finished serving and sat quietly on a cushion enjoying his cup of tea.

I can see why Sempai-sama would have an interest in this one. He could be a good match for her.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:10 pm

Mizuki smiles. "I apologize. I meant your family."

Mizuki gives a polite laugh. "We should get to know each other not as Unicorn and Scorpion, but as Akil and Mizuki. I guess I should go first. I am the daughter of Yogo Chomei, a direct descendant of Yogo himself, and Yogo Ruri, who comes from a powerful shugenja line. I have three brothers and three sisters. All of them are gifted with the ability to speak to the kami."

She continues. "My father is a good man who has done his best by me. My mother...." Mizuki tried to think of something. "My mother gave birth to me." Sensei would be proud of such delicate phrasing. Mizuki thought to herself sarcastically. "Our schooling tore use apart, but I am very proud of my little brothers and sisters." And only a little jealous...

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:14 pm

"Ah," he nodded calmly, sipping his tea for a moment. "your family sounds rather lovely, Yogo-san," It is appropriate to remain formal here, I think? That's what the Ide told me...

He nodded a moment, then continued, "My mother and father were strong warriors in the traditions of my family. My mother was kind and gentle, though I have been told that her war cry was second to none. Father was strong and stern. He did not approve of my playing the flute, but did not chastise me so long as I did not shirk my lessons." There was a momentary wistful smile, as if from a memory long past.

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Mizuki picks up on the past tense and chastises herself internally. Why did you bring up family? You should have been more careful.

Mizuki gives a soft smile, "It seems you come from honorable warriors." Her tone is filled with approval and a hint that she impressed even if not surprised. Though feeling dead parents isn't the best of subjects, Mizuki decides to change the subject.

"I'm curious, how is the Shinjo style different from the other warrior families." Mizuki wanted to talk more about him rather than the Clan., but desperately wanted to stay out of the realm of dead parents.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:48 pm

"Well, the Moto and Otaku styles are more aggressive," he explained, "the Moto in particular prefer to try to destroy their enemies as brutally and efficiently as possible. The Shinjo style encourages one to take a more partient approach, blocking enemy strikes and preparing for the counterattack."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:25 pm

Mizuki nods taking in that explanation. So, the Moto are the brutes and the Shinjo are the more deliberate fighters. It goes beyond fighting. At least, what I've seen.

Mizuki thinks for a second. "The Shinjo style sounds little similair to the Bayushi style that relies on feints and the like." Mizuki is obviously not knowledgeable about sword styles, but knows a little bit about her Clan's style.

Mizuki takes a sip of tea. "Forgive me for all the questions. Is there anything you want to know?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:38 am

He nodded calmly, again sipping tea perhaps as a way to think. "I have not seen the Scorpion fight, of course. It would be interesting to have a demonstration between all the styles, though I highly suspect that such a thing will happen during one of the official events."

At the second question, he considered. "Do you have an art that you regularly practice?"

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms