Hopelessly Devoted [D2 LE, Open/expecting]

Hopelessly Devoted [D2 LE, Open/expecting]

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:43 pm

There were a very great many places in this part of the Unicorn lands where one could observe the night sky. This time, Tomonaga chose the shrine.

As befitting the locale, Tomonaga maintained a more respectful air than he usually did. At least, to the extent he was capable of doing so. Just as the night before, he watched the gradually darkening sky.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Re: Hopelessly Devoted [D2 LE, Open/expecting]

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:49 pm

Taira was not exactly hidden, but from his position beneath the arch, as he finished his prayers, he was not very visible in the growing darkness.

Still, as the Yasuki got comfortable, he rose and approached the man, giving a small bow of greeting, unsure if he wanted company or not.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:54 pm

Tomonaga managed to keep his surprise to a fairly low level as Taira stood up, perhaps having picked up some clues to his presence subconsciously.

"Oh! Scorpion-san!" Red and black mons were especially hard to distinguish in the low light. Turning, he returned the man's bow. "Sorry, I hope I didn't interrupt you. I was just, uh..." He shrugged. "Looking at the sky, I guess. Please, join me. I hope your day has been a good one for you?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:59 pm

"Of course... Crab-sama. This one is Soshi Taira, magistrate's physician."

Dark blue was perhaps even more difficult, but the quality of the man indicated wealth or standing.

"I was almost finished, so it is no trouble. I only wished to offer thanks that none of the injuries I tended today had further complications."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:05 pm

"Yasuki Tomonaga. It's a pleasure, Soshi-san."

Tomonaga nodded politely as Taira mentioned his profession. As he spoke further, though, Tomonaga's interest sharpened. "Injuries? Complications? Nothing too serious, I hope." Tomonaga frowned, concern writ on his handsome features.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:10 pm

"The pleasure is mine..."

Taira contemplated that, and then said, simply, "There was an... incident, in which some Unicorn were injured."

Almost too casually, he inquired, "Are any Kuni present, to your knowledge?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:20 pm

Tomonaga was used to playing dumb; it was what he did most of the time, after all. Some things, however, were important enough that playing dumb wasn't an option. In contrast to the Scorpion becoming more casual, Tomonaga became noticeably less casual, his gaze sharpening, his expression growing serious. "No. There's not." He said, his voice tight.

A few moments passed as he considered. "I can see if any of the others have any Kuni training." He turned to look more fully at Taira. "I understand your desire for discretion. I even recognize that you haven't exactly said anything. But... sometimes secrecy just makes things worse. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:29 pm

Taira nodded. "I told the patient to obtain jade, and if even preliminary signs appear, to contact me immediately. By all rights, there could be no issue, and I do not wish to cause unnecessary trouble, but I will... how should I say... keep an eye out. If you have access to jade, I would ask that you make some available to the Unicorn which were involved in the fight."

A soft sigh. "Some fool gave up their name, and I can only assume were destroyed before what they conjured suffered the same fate."

Soshi Taira

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Tomonaga, too, nodded, letting his breath out in a puff. "Good. That's good. It sounds like you're doing the right thing. At least, to the extent that I know anything about it." He grimaced. "I'm no expert. But please, do follow up. And I'll see if we can loan them any jade, although I wouldn't be hopeful on that account. Crab are willing to share their excess, but are taught not to give up their last piece, if it's at all possible to avoid it."

He fell silent for a few moments. "Ummm... do follow up, though. Samurai do like to conceal injury. And... I think that people affected by this stuff make bad decisions." He grinned, black humor. "Worse than my family's sake for that."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Taira nodded, and stated, simply. "I intend to keep an eye out."

With a sigh, he shook his head. "If there was a market, I might go purchase some for my patient, but I cannot. Perhaps the governor can procure some. I will make the request tomorrow, I think."

Looking up to the sky, he muttered, "They're home hardly any time and already they must struggle with our empire's curses."

Soshi Taira

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:29 pm

"Jade is hard to find. But... let me make a few inquiries." Tomonaga gave the man a crooked smile. "I am a Yasuki, after all. If there's not a market, maybe I can make one."

Tomonaga chuckled dryly at the last statement. "Right. Welcome home, here's a monster?" He shook his head. "The Unicorn have been through a lot. I wish things could be different, too."

Glancing at Taira, Tomonaga pulls out a sake bottle. "Drink? Seems like you've had a rough day."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Taira chuckled. "Hai, it doesn't seem we're putting our best foot forward, letting them deal with that as soon as they return, but then... I guess those that wish ill are hard to stop."

With a soft sigh he nodded in agreement with the offer of a drink. "If you're offering, I won't do you the disservice of refusing more than twice, and I'll get it out of the way for you, no, no, and yes."

A wry smirk, as he went on. "I didn't expect to be mixing stomach tonics all day, and then bandaging deep lacerations, but I suppose wherever samurai gather, adventure follows."

Soshi Taira

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Tomonaga grinned. "Don't worry, Crab aren't in the habit of three offers for sake. No time, when there's important drinking to be done." He poured a cup for Taira, and a little cup for himself. Wordlessly, he raised his cup in a silent toast, following that with a sip.

As Taira continued, Tomonaga sighed. "Too true. And here I was hoping for a nice, quiet miai, ending in happy marriage for everyone. Ummm... so, aside from the, uhh, dark attack, how have you found things?" Tomonaga chuckled, shaking his head.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:24 pm

"Interesting."

With a soft sigh he took a long, slow drink.

"I've had a unicorn tell me to drop by her tent... and another act like if I stood within 10 feet, she would flee outright, or stab me."

Shaking his head, he added, "I'm not sure what to make of it. It's stranger than the drinks."

Soshi Taira

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:23 pm

"And the drinks are pretty strange." Tomonaga agreed. "Not bad, though. I'm gonna have to bring back some kumis for my family to try. I'll let it be a surprise for them.

"But... yeah, I think I know what you mean. Most Clans, you can sorta say what their defining characteristics are. With Unicorn..." He shrugged. "Can individuality be a defining characteristic? Something they all have in common is that they're all different? I don't know. At least..." He hesistated a moment. "Well, they're very straightforward about who they are, even if that's entirely different from the next one. Or so it seems to me."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Next

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion