The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:02 pm

"I was born almost as close to the Western Sea as we are now to the Eastern," Sakasaha says, with a motion that makes the sequins and beads on her sleeve clink and flash a little. "For every year of my life the Clan traveled hard across this great continent, and only now have we come back to Rokugan. This country is not small, but it is not so large either." She tilts her head back to look at the ceiling beams of this tall wooden building as if there were stars up there. "I was born after the years of wide wanderings, but I have still seen many things. Deserts, great cities made all of white clay, steppes where there is always ice under the ground, a great lake so full of salt we could float without swimming... and things I should not speak of at this table, also." Straightening, she makes a quick warding gesture.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Shimizu Ryori wrote:
Moto Khulun wrote:Khulun finishes her food and just folds her arms watching him leave before nodding to her cousin and then taking a seat with the Lion. She pours more kumis for them both and says, “Foul company needs good drink to forget their presence.”

“So what do you feed your lion?”

He smiles "meat, preferably fresh but she is making do with your cooked stuff"

He takes the drink and sips this one.

"Can I feed her?" she says excitedly.

"We can get fresh meat! A Mighty killer like her deserves the best."

"Fresh meat tomorrow would be good, feeding her much more tonight would make her lazy, but if you wish to give her a little something" he signals Kyra the lion perks up watching his hand movement then looks expectantly toward Khulun.

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:26 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"I was born almost as close to the Western Sea as we are now to the Eastern," Sakasaha says, with a motion that makes the sequins and beads on her sleeve clink and flash a little. "For every year of my life the Clan traveled hard across this great continent, and only now have we come back to Rokugan. This country is not small, but it is not so large either." She tilts her head back to look at the ceiling beams of this tall wooden building as if there were stars up there. "I was born after the years of wide wanderings, but I have still seen many things. Deserts, great cities made all of white clay, steppes where there is always ice under the ground, a great lake so full of salt we could float without swimming... and things I should not speak of at this table, also." Straightening, she makes a quick warding gesture.

Taira listened in silence, and then said, softly. "I should like to see some of it some day, though I doubt I ever will."

As she made a warding gesture, he added, blandly, "I fear we are not without our own... unpleasant realities. I pray you will never encounter them, so that your view of your new home is not spoiled."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:Taira listened in silence, and then said, softly. "I should like to see some of it some day, though I doubt I ever will."

As she made a warding gesture, he added, blandly, "I fear we are not without our own... unpleasant realities. I pray you will never encounter them, so that your view of your new home is not spoiled."

Saksaha lets out a dry huff of breath. "An unspoiled view is all very well, until you ride the wrong way and lose your horse in the bog you did not see. I had rather know what is under my feet, Soshi-san." Her expression softens somewhat, and she adds, "Though... perhaps not tonight. I would like to enjoy this, as the Ide intended."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Taira nodded.

"Hai, some things are not a subject for dinner conversation, even among the Crab."

Finishing the bowl, he glanced at the rapidly vanishing spread.

"I think our meal may be concluding, if this is any indication."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Khulun nods to the Lion and offers the big kitty some roasted fowl.

"Here you go... eat up."
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:52 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:Taira nodded.

"Hai, some things are not a subject for dinner conversation, even among the Crab."

Finishing the bowl, he glanced at the rapidly vanishing spread.

"I think our meal may be concluding, if this is any indication."

Saksaha looks about and reaches the same conclusion. "It seems so," she says thoughtfully. "And I still know little about you Soshi-san, except your name, and that you drink sake and eat meat in moderation."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:Khulun nods to the Lion and offers the big kitty some roasted fowl.

"Here you go... eat up."

Kyra almost seems to purr waiting for the food, she doesn't quite beg but she does give the biggest golden eyes to the Moto ever, once it is clear the meet is hers though those big jaws strike wide open and engulf it moving almost faster then the eye can catch it is only a moment of chewing and then that big tongue slides out and around her mouth.

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:58 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:
Saksaha looks about and reaches the same conclusion. "It seems so," she says thoughtfully. "And I still know little about you Soshi-san, except your name, and that you drink sake and eat meat in moderation."

"Well, what would you like to know?"

Taira offered a cheeky smile.

"I'm really just an open scroll."

Soshi Taira

Postby Iuchi Batul on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:54 am

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Hiroji nods. "I do, but maybe another time. I am afraid I might need some rest from this... Food. As delicious as it was, my stomach just is not built for it. But thank you for the pleasant evening." Hiroji bows to leave.

"I will be exbecting this meeting for wonderful stories, Kaiu Hiroji-san." She replied with a bow to him in response. "Carry the fortunes."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:05 am

Shimizu Ryori wrote:
Moto Khulun wrote:Khulun nods to the Lion and offers the big kitty some roasted fowl.

"Here you go... eat up."

Kyra almost seems to purr waiting for the food, she doesn't quite beg but she does give the biggest golden eyes to the Moto ever, once it is clear the meet is hers though those big jaws strike wide open and engulf it moving almost faster then the eye can catch it is only a moment of chewing and then that big tongue slides out and around her mouth.

Khulun laughs and says, "I want one."
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:11 am

"As we should not stay too much longer..." Saksaha glances around. It would be discourteous to the heimin who have to clean up after the feast to linger when things are meant to be ending, she thinks--a terribly Unicorn thing to consider, though this doesn't occur to her. "So. Tell me just one thing it is important that I should know about you, if I learn nothing else tonight."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:11 am

"Butaj has both talent and skill for many kinds of riding. So Doji Fukawa is interested in how Butaj rides?" Slyness is not a feature of Butaj's smile, nor is shyness. He is just genuinely interested where Doji is heading with her banter. For all purposes, innuendo may be even entirely lost on him and he's just thinking about the literal. Or maybe not.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:18 am

Moto Khulun wrote:
Shimizu Ryori wrote:

"Here you go... eat up."

Khulun laughs and says, "I want one."

"Matsu Beastmasters such as myself are trained in the raising and caring for our sisters, we fight side by side in battle. There friendship and trust is not something to be gifted to others but to be earned from them, thier ancestor and those of our Kitsu family once walked side by side and shared common blood. "

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:50 am

"So if I choose you I get big kitty, too?" She grins.
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center