[D2 EA] A Picnic

Re: [D2 EA] A Picnic

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:15 pm

"Pleasant enough!" she said with a obligatory giggle. "Thank you very much, Iuchi-san. It's good to see you both again.

She settled down to take a seat and viewed the offerings of the pinic for the first time. Some of the items looked like dumplings but dumplings were always good for hiding an assortment of ingredients. "Oooh, those do look pretty good! And tea would be wonderful, thank you!"

"So do you play an instrument too, Iuchi-san? I know that both Ide-san and Bayushi-san do."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"You arranged it and that is praiseworthy enough Ide-sama. I believe I speak for my honored cousin when we say that we are most honored by your gracious hosting and presentation. I thank you also for your consideration. The cheese was quite rich. What will we be having the pleasure to share and partake in? Oh! And tea would be most splendid Lady Ide-sama."

"Kumi would be... milk with alcohol, Bayushi-san. Favored by the Moto, and certainly an integral part of Unicorn culture, but perhaps too heavy for a luncheon." He hoped that the man didn't want to prove him wrong. Last thing he wanted to see was one of the guests throwing up fermented milk. The stuff smelled foul enough before it was digested. "I am fine with tea as well, Ide-san." Dong-Ha offered Amaya a faint smile.

Small, but cute Scorpion wrote:"Pleasant enough!" she said with a obligatory giggle. "Thank you very much, Iuchi-san. It's good to see you both again.

She settled down to take a seat and viewed the offerings of the pinic for the first time. Some of the items looked like dumplings but dumplings were always good for hiding an assortment of ingredients. "Oooh, those do look pretty good! And tea would be wonderful, thank you!"

"So do you play an instrument too, Iuchi-san? I know that both Ide-san and Bayushi-san do."

"I dabble with a flute, Bayushi-san, mostly to kill time." he replied, taking his seat once more as he did so. "I wouldn't dare to call myself an artist, though."

"Perhaps Ide-san would introduce our dishes to our honored guests?" Dong-Ha asked Amaya without turning his gaze from Hotaru.

"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:40 pm

With a slight bow Amaya poured tea for the four of them. "The dumplings are sheep and goat meat; steaming, boiling, or frying them changes the texture, but you will find the flavour to be almost the same. The meatballs are goat, seasoned with spices traded for in the Burning Sands."

She points to the next dish, "here we have horse meat that has been dried and then sautéed in butter - that is, a thick yellowish fat that is churned from milk. And last is boar, the meat is soaked in a mixture of kumis, soy sauce, and miso to absorb the flavours, before being roasted."

"Now, before Dong-Ha-San's stomach growls get any louder, please, eat."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:06 pm

Interesting...

Suteichi kept a pleasant demeanor and looked to Amaya.

"Well. Lets eat. I am interested in this balls of meat... you speak of."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Even their alcohol have milk in it?! I guess this is a good time to question how they do their wedding ceremonies. If the bride and groom are expected to share a cup of this swill...I'm going to be in for a really bad wedding!

"A flute? That's still pretty good that you can an instrument, Ide-san. Taking up an instrument is perhaps the hardest step and I have yet to even dabble in the art. I focus more on my dances, which I dedicate to the kami and the Fortunes. Actually, it's my desire to perhaps plan a performance." She smiled eagerly at the prospect. "All the more auspicious that I've found myself in the company of musicians!"

She gave a few nods as the dishes were listed out, which turned out to be all creations that featured red meat. It shouldn't be surprising seeing as the Unicorn favoured such dishes. Unlike the kumi, there wasn't exactly an alternative. She could have been a poor lunch guest and obtain, but that didn't seem like an option. "...What an interesting take on dumplings, Ide-san. If I'm going to be spending more time among your people, all the more reason to sample some of your dishes."

Hotaru placed her hands together and thanked Inari for the blessed meal that their hosts had provided to them. Internally, she also called to Jurojin to give her strength against gaijin cuisine and Jizo for mercy. She favoured the sheep and goat dumplings, eating her meal with deliberate care despite the informal affair. Even though she was almost eaten by a lamb yesterday, she never even thought about eating one in return. Just think of it as really dark duck meat... "Mm! These are pretty good!"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:10 am

Dong-Ha picked up one of the dumplings, not really caring what was in it. The offerings were appetizing and he was starving. Moments later he realized he probably ought to have used chopsticks to do that, even if fingers were much more convenient for grabbing small round things.

"Well... there isn't much else you can do on a horse, Bayushi-san, and once you've spent few months riding... you kinda look for distractions." He had tried reading on a horse, but flute was easier to tug away than a scroll. "Dance is an art as well." Dong-Ha nodded, recalling some of the more exotic dances he had seen in the Burning Sands, though those dancers had most certainly not tried to appease the kami, but had had different goals. "I would be curious to see Bayushi-san perform." It wasn't as if the Unicorn didn't dance, but he had the inclination her dances would be something different.

"They are really good." Dong-Ha tried to encourage Hotaru, though he was slightly worried that the small Scorpion would get sick again. "We sometimes make them with vegetables too, but Ide-san's relatives wanted to set up a feast so." He also didn't want to give the Scorpion the idea this was how they always ate.

"I take that Bayushi-san also plays something?" the mystic turned his attention to Suteichi.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:23 am

Amaya clicked her chopsticks together, shooting Dong-Ha a pointed smile. She picked up a piece of the horse meat, deftly manipulating the utensils as if she hadn't been introduced to them recently. At least there is something I can do right, she sighed as she chewed on the tough meat. She studied Suteichi from the corner of her eye, he was incredibly attractive, and his manner of dress suggested... wealth? status? He was dignified and refined, she wondered what kind of spouse he was looking for at this ma-ai.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:02 am

Suteichi produced his chopsticks and carefully prepared his plate. From preparing the plate to even eating suggested that he had very good etiquette training. Almost Crane like etiquette. His poise and demeanor he would thank his mother for. The meat was interesting to his pallet. He liked the taste of the spice. He took a moment to savor the taste of it playfully on his tongue, as made evident by his usual faint smile and nod. He found a dish he liked. He finished his bite then answered Dong-Ha.

"I learned the samisen from my father. He is a far better performer than I. I still practice when I can and perform when I have the opportunity." He turned his attention to Amaya.

"My compliments to you on your choice of these...balls of meat. They are quite delicious. I am enjoying them as much as I am enjoying the company of the hostess who brought them." He picked up another carefully to eat. A bit of sauce was on his lips and he licked his lips, not in a seductive fashion; just cleaning them so that he did not look like a messy eater.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:44 am

"A noble instrument." Dong-Ha nodded earnestly, though Suteichi's mastery of etiquette was mostly lost on him. "Favored by Kakita-sama himself, if stories are to be believed." Kakita had been the epitome of a samurai and no-one following his footsteps could err. Chomping an another bite from his dumpling before forcing what remained of the morsel into his mouth, the young Iuchi eyed the two Scorpions.

"Pray tell us, why your kin wears those masks in public?" He asked, his mellow voice brimming with honest curiosity.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:58 am

Sighing internally, I could watch him all day, it was a shame the Family had scheduled that challenge for later that afternoon, necessitating that she be wrested from his company so soon.

She looked at each of her companions in turn, starting with Dong-Ha. It was a question that had burned in her brain since the first Scorpion guest had arrived, but honestly she though it would have been a few more days before it would be appropriate to raise the topic. She took another strip of horse meat, I certainly wasn't her preference, but she was taking care to observe what the others were eating, and to leave the lion's share for her guests.

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:21 am

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"A noble instrument." Dong-Ha nodded earnestly, though Suteichi's mastery of etiquette was mostly lost on him. "Favored by Kakita-sama himself, if stories are to be believed." Kakita had been the epitome of a samurai and no-one following his footsteps could err. Chomping an another bite from his dumpling before forcing what remained of the morsel into his mouth, the young Iuchi eyed the two Scorpions.

"Pray tell us, why your kin wears those masks in public?" He asked, his mellow voice brimming with honest curiosity.

It was a question that annoyed him the most but then again it was one that needed to be answered for sake of understanding. Finishing his bites and having a sip of tea to wash it all down, Suteichi set his chopsticks down, sat up straight, and answered.

"All men have a mask that they wear, Iuchi-sama. Bayushi no Kami understood this. Everyone tends to at some point hide who they really are from one another. The wearing of the mask not only honors our kami but serves as a reminder to us and people that we all wear a mask to conceal our nature, our true intentions. It is a mirror of sorts. It serves as a distraction to an enemy. It is revealed to them who they are and that can be fearful to them. The truth of who we really are can be scary especially when we refuse to embrace who we are."

Suteichi picked up his samisen and tuned it. Switching the subject to a more polite one...

"You are quite knowledgeable Iuchi-sama. This was a favored instrument of Kakita-sama. I believe that is why my mother came to love as well as respect my father, he played an instrument of her former clan."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"All men have a mask that they wear, Iuchi-sama. Bayushi no Kami understood this. Everyone tends to at some point hide who they really are from one another. The wearing of the mask not only honors our kami but serves as a reminder to us and people that we all wear a mask to conceal our nature, our true intentions. It is a mirror of sorts. It serves as a distraction to an enemy. It is revealed to them who they are and that can be fearful to them. The truth of who we really are can be scary especially when we refuse to embrace who we are."

"I see." Dong-Ha nodded to Suteichi as he leaned to grab the next morsel. "How... enigmatic." With that, he took a bite from the dumpling. "Pass your regards to your relatives Ide-san, these are really good." His smile, aimed at Amaya, was earnest as it was warm. Turning is attention to Hotaru, Dong-Ha added. "You should try them."

He could understand Bayushi explaining his pedigree. Family relations were important among the Unicorn too, especially when one considered Shinjo's degree. "And Bayushi-san has picked the art from his father, yes? Very respectable."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:37 pm

She noted the cool, cultured tone of annoyance in the Scorpion's voice and understood, after all, how many times has she been asked just yesterday about the Ide role in the Unicorn Clan? Amaya watched his hands as they tuned the instrument, they were fine hands, they looked strong. She felt dull and thick by comparison, her tongue clove hopelessly to the roof of her mouth.

She managed to unstick her uncooperative tongue enough to answer her cousin, "I will, Dong-Ha-San."

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:56 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"All men have a mask that they wear, Iuchi-sama. Bayushi no Kami understood this. Everyone tends to at some point hide who they really are from one another. The wearing of the mask not only honors our kami but serves as a reminder to us and people that we all wear a mask to conceal our nature, our true intentions. It is a mirror of sorts. It serves as a distraction to an enemy. It is revealed to them who they are and that can be fearful to them. The truth of who we really are can be scary especially when we refuse to embrace who we are."

"I see." Dong-Ha nodded to Suteichi as he leaned to grab the next morsel. "How... enigmatic." With that, he took a bite from the dumpling. "Pass your regards to your relatives Ide-san, these are really good." His smile, aimed at Amaya, was earnest as it was warm. Turning is attention to Hotaru, Dong-Ha added. "You should try them."

He could understand Bayushi explaining his pedigree. Family relations were important among the Unicorn too, especially when one considered Shinjo's degree. "And Bayushi-san has picked the art from his father, yes? Very respectable."

I guess I have to Court the Iuchi in order to be considered by the Ide? He's asked more about me than she has.

"Hai." Suteichi answered. "Music was something I picked up from my father. It is something to balance him given his profession. He taught me this song. It was the song he played for my mother when they courted."

Suteichi began to play a love song for the group. As he played, he kept his eye on Amaya to see how she would react. When he finished, he gave a modest nod.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Amaya's eyes glittered, hypnotised by the agile movement of his fingers across the strings. As he finishes, she clasps her hands, pressing them to her breast, "Bayushi-Sama, that was flawless," she recalled the word he had used the day before, "truly you honour us." She catches herself before she can insult the handsome samurai with a gushing complement.

"What is it that your father does?"

Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields