(D2, EA, Misa's Room) Flying up to the Mountains

(D2, EA, Misa's Room) Flying up to the Mountains

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Misa had went out earlier, but it was a bit of a failed expedition as to letting fresh air helping her feel better. She'd tried a bit of exercise, but in the end she'd just had to give up. As she sat waiting for her guest, Sanmi fanned her a bit, frowning at her mistress' clear discomfort.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Re: (D2, EA, Misa's Room) Flying up to the Mountains

Postby Kakita Nanami on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:43 pm

The Kakita straightened her clothing as she approached the room of the Dragon guest within the administration center; the guards had given her little trouble after a quick explanation of who she had come to speak with and directed her appropriately. Without some little trepidation, her stomach trembling, she tapped lightly upon the door.

"Tonbo-sama?"
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:49 pm

The door was opened by a servant, the young girl pretty looking but quite stern. Still, she smiled shyly at Nanami as she saw who it was disturbing her Mistress, offering a kowtow before directing the Kakita woman in. Misa had risen, looking pale but keeping her On as she bowed carefully, eyes closed as she spoke toward the door. "Kakita-san, how good of you to join me. Please, come in and sit. I pray you have had ri--"

She paused, a thoughtful look crossing her face. "...I pray you have had a day blessed by calm and serenity."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Kakita Nanami on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Nanami gave the servant a polite nod and bowed after the Dragon had spoken, "Thank you, Tonbo-sama."

She took a seat quietly, "The day has, so far, been calm and contemplative. Being among the Unicorn has..." There was a momentary pause, "It has given me much to think about, Tonbo-sama."
Kakita Nanami

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Misa sat gently as well. There was no sign of tea out, though Nanami could see the things for it over in the corner. The servant sat and lightly fanned her mistress as they spoke. The Tonbo offered Nanami a gentle smile at her words. "Much to think about, hm? Then it sounds like it could not be going any better. Perhaps that it merely my training with the Taoist's speaking of course, I have always seen deep thought and contemplation as the highest of things."

She paused, then shook her head a little. "Even if I had the letter written with my name, I should have better manners. I am Tonbo Misa, advisor to the Tonbo family Daimyo and student of the Mirumoto. It is a pleasure to host you Kakita=san."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Kakita Nanami on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 pm

The Kakita bowed again, "And this one is Kakita Nanami, but of course Tonbo-sama already knows that. I must admit, I know little of the Tonbo... you came to the Dragon near the end of my schooling and I had little time to learn of them as I did the other families of the Dragon."

She paused a moment, "But yes, it does seem to be going... somewhat well. Although I did have an encounter with a particular Moto who was rather... uncouth with his words, I have equally found those who readily came willing to learn of our past and give the proper respect to Lord Kakita."
Kakita Nanami

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Misa actually gave a soft giggle at that into her hand, smiling a little as she put it down. "Sumimasen Kakita-san... was it by any chance a Moto Butaj?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Kakita Nanami on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Tonbo Misa wrote:Misa actually gave a soft giggle at that into her hand, smiling a little as she put it down. "Sumimasen Kakita-san... was it by any chance a Moto Butaj?"

"Butaj?" Kakita shook her head slightly, "I must apologize, Tonbo-sama, but no. It was a young man named Moto Bater." It was clear she struggled with the name. "He seemed rather... disbelieving of the relationship we shugenja hold with the kami and continually insisted I must be lying."

"Of course, perhaps it is just that the Unicorn are unfamiliar with the kami having been away for so long. I'm unsure Moto-san is to blame for the disbelief personally," she added hastily. As much as the conversation had frustrated her, she saw little reason to bring trouble to the Unicorn.
Kakita Nanami

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:52 pm

Her smile was gentle, even in the face of Nanami's frustration. "Kakita-san... when you are a child, you are taught everything you know, yes? I am certain that, even before you came to the Dragon, you learned much from your family, things that I would not know merely having grown up among the Dragon. The Mantis would know sailing like it was second nature, but I could tell you nothing of it. A Lion could tell you all about war, a Crab about our great enemy, a Phoenix about the particulars of calling on the kami... it is because that is the environment that we've all grown up in."

She gave a seated bow, holding it a moment. "Forgive them for their ignorance. I know there will be many that can not look past the differences, past what we would call blasphemies in some cases. None the less, the are the children and followers of Shinjo-Kami. In time, and with patience, they will learn from our teaching and example... just as we will learn from them."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Kakita Nanami on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:35 pm

"I am sure, as Tonbo-sama says, they will in time learn our ways." The Kakita frowned a bit, "Though I'm not sure I will ever adapt to theirs. I was... unsure of the offerings of the feast last evening and have heard some of the guests found themselves ill from the dinner."
Kakita Nanami

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:11 pm

The smile on Misa's face faded, but didn't disappear. "I am one of those unfortunates who fell ill, but I hold nothing against them. I realize it will be difficult, both for them as well as ourselves, but the worst thing we can do is fail to try, success or failure."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Kakita Nanami on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:50 pm

The Crane's eyes widened slightly, "Tonbo-sama, I hope you soon feel better. I believe many find it an inauspicious start that so many fell ill from the meal - and I hear it was just as many Unicorn as others. I can only hope neither side is too put off by it and pray the kami will guide everyone to see reason."

"After all, it would be beneficial to all if the Unicorn can rejoin the Empire without trouble."
Kakita Nanami

Postby Tonbo Misa on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:32 pm

The Tonbo nodded softly. "As I said, it will be difficult for all sides. All the same, difficulties are just a part of life; as it has been for the Crane, my family, and many others. Just as with all those things, one must keep taking that next step."

Misa paused, laughing into a hand. "Sumimasen Kakita-san, I must sound like a monk. It is a habit of my training to be more thoughtful."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Kakita Nanami on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:39 pm

"Of course not, Tonbo-sama. The wisdom of one such as yourself is greatly appreciated."

The Kakita eyed her fan in her hand, continuing to speak, "As you say, I do expect difficulties here - though I do believe my time among the Agasha has prepared me as such with how different it was from life before."
Kakita Nanami

Postby Tonbo Misa on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:55 pm

"I've only met a few Agasha before, but those few were like all Dragon I've had the pleasure to know; open minded and adaptable to new situations." She smiled brightly. "Does that mean Kakita-san is a shugenja?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms