Scorpion Get Together (D2 LM) [Mizuki's Room, Private]

Re: Scorpion Get Together (D2 LM) [Mizuki's Room, Private]

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Yuuru shrugged, "I'm not your lord. Who am I to say what you can and can't do. The Yogo have a reputation to keep, even if it's a bad one. Go wild for all I care Yogo-san."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:49 pm

Hotaru was present for the meeting. Perhaps her shorter stature didn't make her as obvious outright as the other Scorpions who've gathered here. She came in wearing a red hakama and a black robe, leaving her favourite haoris back at her tent thanks for the warmer weather that was creeping in. At the beginning of the meeting, she would have bowed politely to those gathered and gave her brief introduction. "Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of Tengoku's Path. I'm pleased to meet you all and see so many of my kin here. It's almost like I hadn't left home at all!" She chuckled.

When the discussion was underway, she casually watched the exchanges between the Scorpion menfolk. ...Does everyone has a prospect already? And here I've been fighting off rabid lambs and contending with that damned milk! Get it together, Hotaru!
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Yuuru nodded to Hotaru a greeting and smiled. This was the woman Tomoe had mentioned and so she got a welcome greeting.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:Taira crossed his arms, rapping his fingers on his elbow.

"Yuichi-san, I remind you that we are here to fulfill our duties. Our sentiments have no part in this."

'' Oh, right. Duty. I nearly forgotten...'' Yuichi replied to Taira. '' Well then, tomorrow I will go and ask for the hand of a Doji maiden to fulfill my duty. Surely they will accept immediately, no questions asked, right? ''

a long pause

'' I will have more luck getting myself a mare for a wife that leaving here married to a ningen.'' He adds while sipping his from his cup.

Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru shrugged, "I'm not your lord. Who am I to say what you can and can't do. The Yogo have a reputation to keep, even if it's a bad one. Go wild for all I care Yogo-san."

Yuichi rises his cup after Yuuru's comment.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Mizuki was disappointed, but not surprised by her cousin's response. He was always a surly one. "No need for apologies, Bayushi-san."

She turns to the Yogo. "I admit, some of their customs will take time getting used or be quietly phased out as they readjust to our lands. But this is an opportunity. And our Clan, if anything else, knows how to take advantage of opportunity. Worrying about wearing fur will not help us." I need to give him a distraction. "Worry about their magic. I have heard they have some sort of trinkets that let anyone speak to the kami." I want that. "We need to know if they are safe. And if we can use them. It would make sense they would sense us a graduate of the Yogo Shugenja school to keep a safe watch on our souls."

She pauses. "As for the Curse, I have already told a man I am considering. As I will tell any man I consider. And if necessary, I will tell them about my whore of a mother and why I look as I do." Mizuki takes off her mask revealing a Kakita beauty. Not only does she have blue eyes, but even her hair is naturally white. Anyone who would have met the former Kakita daiymo will instantly notice a strong resemblance. "As I said, I want the Unicorn to trust us. It would be pointless to hide easily found truths." She takes a sip of her tea. "If you don't care about your marriage, then find the Iuchi and learn. Marry in and make sure they didn't bring anything from some gaijin spirit realm we need to worry about."

Mizuki hoped she balanced out telling Yuichi to cool it and to make sure he knows they're on the same side. Of course, Mizuki always made a better merchant than courtier.

She turns to Taira. "I will have need of any remedies you may have. I can offer some medical bags I bought on the way here."

She turns to Yuuru. "Hai. At the very least, that we are not accidentally sabotaging each other. Preferably, we will not compete with each other. But that is a bit too much to ask. Just if we must compete with each other, let's keep it friendly. I am also curious if any of you have intention to the Otaku heir."

She gives a nod of acknowledgement to Chieri's idea about the two working together. It could work out well. Or terribly. If she has an idea, Mizuki will listen, but hopes directing Yuichi's intentions at scoping out dangerous magic will distract him from the Unicorns' eccentricities.

OOC: Taira, you can have my two medical kits that I bought before realizing I didn't take Medicine!
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:59 pm

Yuuru shrugged, "I have an intention for any woman that is Unicorn and breathes at this moment. That's really unromantic isn't it?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Soshi Bantu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:She turns to Yuuru. "Hai. At the very least, that we are not accidentally sabotaging each other. Preferably, we will not compete with each other. But that is a bit too much to ask. Just if we must compete with each other, let's keep it friendly. I am also curious if any of you have intention to the Otaku heir."

Bantu waited for an opportunity then addressed Mizuki's question. "I have been asked to find a bride with some heritage and talent in the mystical. The kami may not answer my prayers, but my bloodline is strong with others who are so gifted and I am to try and rejuvenate that talent in my offspring."
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Taira just nodded, and began to sort out a medical solution.

If he had known what he would be told later, he might have mentioned it.

More likely, he wouldn't.

Still, as it was, he just made the medicine as requested. It would be potent, and bitter, but would bring relief within the hour. As he mixed the powder into the water, and passed over the cup in silence, he wondered about the mess of clansmen who had been dispatched, and how casually some of them viewed their duties.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Suteichi was extremely disgusted with Yuichi. He didn't even make eye contact with him for the remainder of the meeting. Mizuki and Chieri would know that once Suteichi went silent, he was furious. Furious and plotting. He merely listened and nodded as he sipped his tea refilling when anyone needed it.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Soshi Bantu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Bantu accepted a cup with a gracious nod and sipped at the steaming liquid, grateful for a drink that was far more traditional than the kumis from the other night. Though he had enjoyed the flavour enough, and while it hadn't affected him as it had some others, there were some Unicorn habits that would be taking a long road to universal acceptance.

"In an effort to promote engagement, I plan on hosting a games night tomorrow evening. I have my go set and there is a Unicorn maiden who plays dice. If anyone wishes to showcase their skills, or just come along for some entertainment, all are welcome. I will be posting some flyers after this meeting to try and drum up interest."
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Mizuki graciously accepts a refill, and hopes this argument will blow over.

Mizuki nods towards Bantu. "That sounds like a good idea. I can bring my Go set as well."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:50 pm

Yuuru nodded and wondered what he could possibly do at such an event...

Rock throwing? I doubt that'll be a game.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Yuichi raises his cup when Mizuki took off her mask '' Beautiful as ever, cousin.'' He didn't say this with a bad intention. Actually he was making a compliment to her in his own way.

'' Oh, now that you mention it, I already know a bit about this strange magic the Unicorn use. Meishodo they call it. It would seem that it works similar to how Asahina fetishes work or perhaps how our own wards work. I have already decided to start an investigation.'' Yuichi says. Mizuki's plan worked as Yuichi was distracted from the previous discussion.

But he was still looking at Suteichi, enjoying his indifference and silence towards him. Yuichi was smiling behind his mask.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:05 pm

Taira let his collar obscure his mouth, so they wouldn't see the irritation that played about his lips, and instead just stated, softly, "I have only begun to meet the Unicorn women they have sent. One was... flighty. I thought she might flee one moment, and attack me the next. I hope she is not representative of the lot, for pretty as she was, I could not imagine her a reliable spouse."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:18 pm

She gave raised her brows at the Yogo Kuge's reveal and bowed deeply for her wisdom. It seemed rather bold to bring such things to attention, especially when nobody was asking in the first place. Nevertheless, she provided some direction with those who had little of it here.

Hotaru would smile faintly at the offered medicine from Taira, and happily passed it over to the next Scorpion who needed it. She felt better now and had no need for it, thanks to some Unicorn magic. No doubt, the medicine would have tasted lousy, but she wondered if it was better to take her chances with the concoction.

"Oooh...I never quite considered the magic that the Unicorn's use to be like Meishodo or akin to fetishes. It may look like it works the same way, but I think somewhere the similarities end sooner. Apparently, they don't have a connection to the kami or communicate to them in the same way. They don't need to be born with such a gift, only learn it. I can tell that it works, but I can scarcely explain how." She mentioned as an aside to Yuichi.

"I would be more than happy to participate in any events you may have planned, either to woo as a respective match or merely for the sake of it!" She smiled brightly at the others. "I've been meaning to spend more time at the local shrine and help out the local monks however I can. It seems the Unicorn have unknowingly inherited a piece of history they might not be familiar with, it would nice to see that the Shrine gets proper and deserving attention from its newest neighbours."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms