Animals & Bugs (D1, Late Evening)

Re: Animals & Bugs (D1, Late Evening)

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:39 pm

"Wait... so you don't get a new steed?"

He couldn't quite mask his surprise.

"So... are you not seeking a husband at this miai then?"
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:48 pm

She shakes her head at his question, "If we choose to, yes. We may return to combat duty."

The other question gets skipped. Perhaps she had not paid so much attention.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:50 pm

"Ah... so it is simply customary? Or..."

As his other question was left unanswered, he just scratched the mane of the horse which now investigated his ear in search of carrots.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:52 pm

She blinks at his other question. "Nani?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:03 pm

"Ah, you said you would take a husband after your steed retired, but that you could choose to return to riding instead... I wasn't sure I followed your explanation, I'm sorry."

He gave her an apologetic smile.

"I'm still trying to learn your clan's ways, and sometimes I do not speak as clearly as I wish."

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:07 pm

She brings her hands together, apologetically. "Gomen. I haven't explained it properly: We retire once our steed is old enough, then we marry and must have children. After they are old enough to ride, we may return to active duty."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:12 pm

Taira considered that, and then nodded. "I see. Among the clans, some bushi will entrust their children to servants, so that they can return to duty sooner. I suppose it depends on the mother, and the status of the individuals."

With a soft chuckle, he added, "So you are here to observe the events then? I'm sure your horse is young and strong, so you are not yet to marry, yes?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:21 pm

"I--" She blushes, but then it soon disappears, "Gekko is indeed young and strong, thank you. I must find a worthy husband and set an example."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:26 pm

"Ah."

Taira nodded.

"I suppose that's why we are all here, to set an example of co-operation."

Brushing the mane of the mare, he contemplated what he had been told, as his hair was now investigated with loud snorts.

"Thank you for telling me... I can see I still have much to learn of your ways."

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:40 pm

"You're welcome." She nods, and steps back, getting a better view of them mare and the Scorpion caressing each other, "I think you'll do a fine Unicorn samurai... with proper training."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Taira paused, feeling distinctly off balance.

After a momentary silence, he asked, quietly, "Apart from friendliness toward these fine beasts, what other attributes would you desire in a husband?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:54 pm

With a hand going back to her waist, she ponders over his question with eyes closed.

"I would say," she suddenly starts, "That we would benefit from compassionate samurai capable of strengthening our ties with the Empire."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:12 pm

"I see."

He wondered why horse lips were so course, as his neck was nuzzled.

"That does seem very reasonable. I also fear my collar may not survive much additional fraternizing, beautiful though my new friend here may be."

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:20 pm

"What does Soshi-san expect in his future Unicorn bride?" She asks him in return.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Taira contemplated that, while gently deflecting the nose from his garb.

"I suppose... I would prefer someone who is a partner, who I can trust, and who trusts me. I would like to stand back to back, as equals. I know I fall short in some ways, and that she might in others. I would hope we could support and improve one another."

Soshi Taira

PreviousNext

Return to The Stables