Day 2 [Early Evening] Test Your Might

Re: Day 2 [Early Evening] Test Your Might

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Waving her fan more casually now, Amaya observed the battle going on in the ring. It was Nintoku's hands she noticed, tendons straining as his fist clenched tightly. The wrestling hadn't even begun - nay, couldn't begin - until the combat of pride had been decided. Wars of words weren't as flashy, but they were fascinating, and just as potentially deadly; and this one had her silent, rapt attention.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Soshi Yuuru wrote:He chuckled, "Not anywhere you could help with my friend. And damaged pride heals quickly enough."

Tomoe smiled and looked to the new match that was going to take place... a team-fight?

"... Maybe Yuzuki-san and Matsu-sama will redeem your honor?"

He chuckled, "Not really the way I'd prefer to have it done. I'm probably hoping the Moto win, so I can embarrass him on a different occasion."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Moto al-Kalb on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:26 pm

"I ain't a wrestler. I was sayin' that Butaj could likely handle wrestlin' both." He grins, "But I'm not one to back down from a fight so if people just want to trade punches until one falls down I guess I can join in."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Hellhound • War Dog Overseer • Massive • Savage

Carries: Furs and leathers, daisho, coin purse
Where appropriate: Heavy Armor, ono, no-dachi, two war dog pups

Description
Moto al-Kalb

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:31 pm

"If you wish to fight Moto-san." he motioned to the other Moto "Then please, go ahead."

"Now could you please leave the ring so Moto-san and me could have our combat? Thank you."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Yuzuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:35 pm

Well, gave you a chance to not look all fussy.

"I think it's up to the man being challenged."

She placed a hand on her hip.

"Though I think mine was issued first, if he wishes to recognize your challenge before mine, then that is what it is."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:Suteichi returned her smirk with a faint one. He cared nothing for those who would and would not be watching. His focus was on Liu Fei.

"I understand completely. Well, if you wish for your reparations Shinjo-sama, here I am." he said with arms out to the side.

"Come and claim it. I'm not just going to give it to you." he said playfully.

Stepping out to a different placement, away from the crowd that had surrounding Butaj and Yuuru's match. Just a mat over Liu Fei placed herself in a spot of opposition to Suteichi. Liu Fei had watched more, of course, and dropped into a lower stance with her arms out and ready. There wasn't words that she shared but a intense gaze, focus, as she set herself up against her opponent.

Instead of the usual circling she went straight in, seizing the initiative she locked her arms over Suteichi's and took the dominant position. Face to face as they locked horns she twisted immediately to the side, forcing him to have to manage to quickly catch the sideways motion lest he tumble to the ground.

There was a stumble but Suteichi got his footing. He was marveled by her strength as he was in her grasp. The young courtier tried to shift her. He may as well tried to push and move a wall.

What have I gotten myself into?! I push policies and people's will, not people!

He continued to try to move her. Liu Fei wasn't budging not even slightly. Sweat bubbles began to form at his brow and his grip was faltering.

"Is...this...all...you got?!"

Yes! That right! Goad her because you have the upper hand right now. Baka!
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Yuuru chuckled at what as taking place in the ring.

"This is turning into a bit of a circus it seems." He glanced over to the Iuchi again to see her reaction as well.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:20 pm

"It does seem very... confusing," she covered her mouth as she held back a chuckle. "Not quite sure what they're arguing about?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:21 pm

"I'm guessing they want to earn some attention for themselves beating a weakened Batuj. He should just have them fight each other at this point." He scoffed and shook his head.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:...]

Locking in a position she didn't have the capacity or care to hide the smirk on her lips when he strained to goad her. Slowly, surely, she started shifting her holds on him into a better position and once she did it would be a simple matter of leaning into him, forcing him backwards and inevitably off his feet and onto his back on the mat behind him.

""Confident, are we?" she said, knowing fully well she had the upper hand at the moment. Practice was making this far easier for her than it had been for him. Evident enough that he wasn't made for this but the effort to try was respectable at least.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru chuckled at what as taking place in the ring.

"This is turning into a bit of a circus it seems." He glanced over to the Iuchi again to see her reaction as well.

The Iuchi has been watching the actual bouts with evident interest and satisfaction, but is paying little attention to the debate about who gets to take on Moto-san next. Of course they want the real thing! It's perfectly understandable. She'll tune in again when the fight is on, and in the meantime keeps an amused eye on Liu Fei as she schools her mouthy Scorpion opponent.

Noticing Yuuru's look, she nods approvingly and ventures a smile. He'd acquitted himself without shame, considering his opponent.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Asako Yuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:42 pm

As things started to get rowdy, Yuki slipped into the back of the room, not quite ready to leave and miss whatever happened next, but mostly unwilling to get caught up in what was happening in the center of the dojo.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:44 pm

"Iuchi-san," Tomoe smiled warmly to the familiar Unicorn woman. "Seems Moto-san is quite the talented wrestler. I was surprised to see him defeat Soshi-san, having seen Soshi-san's skills in action before."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:16 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:...]

Locking in a position she didn't have the capacity or care to hide the smirk on her lips when he strained to goad her. Slowly, surely, she started shifting her holds on him into a better position and once she did it would be a simple matter of leaning into him, forcing him backwards and inevitably off his feet and onto his back on the mat behind him.

""Confident, are we?" she said, knowing fully well she had the upper hand at the moment. Practice was making this far easier for her than it had been for him. Evident enough that he wasn't made for this but the effort to try was respectable at least.

THUNK!

A bit of wind was knocked out him as he fell backwards onto the mat. He had not felt such pain before and he didn't wince but he grunted. He ambled to his feet after the toss. There was a painful smile on his face or what would pass for a painful smile. He felt a bit of a breeze on his face where his mask would normally cover. He soon realized his mask was knocked off in the tumble to the floor.

Damnit!

He hurried over to pick up his mask. Anyone looking, particularly Liu Fei saw Suteichi's true face.

"Well...met... Shinjo-sama." he said as he put his mask back on.
Last edited by Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:34 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Iuchi-san," Tomoe smiled warmly to the familiar Unicorn woman. "Seems Moto-san is quite the talented wrestler. I was surprised to see him defeat Soshi-san, having seen Soshi-san's skills in action before."

"Hm." Saksaha turns closer and inclines her head to Tomoe and her Soshi friend. "You fought bravely, Soshi-san, and there is no shame in losing to a Moto. Shinjo-kami's youngest tribe have wrestled all comers from one end of this great continent to the other." In her opinion, there's surely no way a homebound Rokugani wrestler could compete with that!
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo