The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:That confuses Butaj. He scratches his stubble in thought. "Do you think the size of a stallion like mine will be a problem?"

"Perhaps" comes Fukawa's response, her voice sprinkled with light amusement. "A stable is of little use if you cannot get your horse into it. And surely, greater size means greater appetite, does it not?"
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:24 pm

"Surely! It occurs to Butaj Doji Fukawa knows quite a lot about those things." Butaj looks at the Crane maiden with awakened interest.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:33 pm

((Edit: Disregard post. Conversation partner skedaddled.))
Last edited by Kitsune Kumahime on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:"It was my pleasure" Hideo returned the bow "however my talents are far less interesting. I'm a scholar by nature, and I have tried to cover as many topics as I can. Beyond that and my calligraphy, I'm truly not that exciting."

She shook her head and smiled. "You sell yourself short Seppun sama. A scholarly man is one full of knowledge and keep an intelligent conversation. One that knows more than what one expects. It is not about brute force but the way things work. Knowing is half the battle." Asakiko chuckled.

(Sorry for the bad pun)
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:31 pm

Moshi Asakiko wrote:She shook her head and smiled. "You sell yourself short Seppun sama. A scholarly man is one full of knowledge and keep an intelligent conversation. One that knows more than what one expects. It is not about brute force but the way things work. Knowing is half the battle." Asakiko chuckled.

"Perhaps...We shall see how much knowledge helps me through this miai. I suspect the Unicorn will look towards physical prowess more than mental" Hideo chuckled "I'll have to hope that the Unicorn consider my status among the Imperials important as well."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Asakiko looked at the bright side of the position of the Seppun. "Well being a scholar allows you to have an open mind to all this new cultural things the Unicorn have brought from the gaijin. I think that gains value to a bachelor like yourself." She nodded.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:53 pm

"An open mind will be very important in all of this" Hideo confirmed with a nod "I would hope the other samurai will also keep an open mind though, as the Unicorn have been welcomed back. It wouldn't look good to come to this miai to disrupt it, neh?"

He looked at the Ide, beginning to clear up the foods.

"It appears the banquet is beginning to wrap up."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Surely! It occurs to Butaj Doji Fukawa knows quite a lot about those things." Butaj looks at the Crane maiden with awakened interest.

The fan concealed the Crane's reaction, whether it be a blush or a smile.

"Oh, one hears things, Moto-san, if one listens." she replies. "I take it you have much experience in riding hard?"
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:"Ah. So it is the Sochu of the Unicorn then."

A faint smile.

"Sake, while less flavorful, is strong. Sochu is much stronger still."

Shrugging, he added. "So I don't know what manner of bird or fish this is, but it is quite delightful." Picking what was, most likely, sheep, from his bowl, he examined it quietly.

Surely it was a bird of some sort, yes?

"Perhaps it is?" Saksaha hasn't encountered this sochu stuff yet. No doubt she will sooner or later. "But, um... bird? That is just lamb, Soshi-san," she says, never one to disappoint the universe when it's trying to set a man up for a spit take.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"Perhaps it is?" Saksaha hasn't encountered this sochu stuff yet. No doubt she will sooner or later. "But, um... bird? That is just lamb, Soshi-san," she says, never one to disappoint the universe when it's trying to set a man up for a spit take.

A protracted moment of stillness, while Taira digested his options.

Finally, he said, "I guess that isn't some sort of bird or fish, then."

With a soft sigh he set it back down and gave it a contemplative look. Well... he'd already eaten some...
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:47 pm

Yuzuki wrote:Oh," she did in fact get out of the way. "Yes, likewise. Uh, have a nice evening."

With a bow, and nothing more to say, Shinjo Liu Fei made her exit from this evenings event.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:50 pm

"Well... no." Who in the world can't tell lamb from fowl? Sure, the Ide had said these people in the old country don't eat much red meat, but she hadn't thought the difference was this extreme. "Why does it matter? Is there something unsuitable about our food?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"Well... no." Who in the world can't tell lamb from fowl? Sure, the Ide had said these people in the old country don't eat much red meat, but she hadn't thought the difference was this extreme. "Why does it matter? Is there something unsuitable about our food?"

Taira quirked his head, giving the woman a sidelong glance, and then sighed.

"It is not... customary to eat the meat of mammals in the Empire. Not to say it is forbidden... only that it isn't... a done thing."

With a little shrug, he picked the meat up with his chopsticks looking at it pensively.

"That said... it's quite delicious, and I've already eaten plenty. Stopping now makes little difference."

That said, he placed it in his mouth, and chewed in a contented silence for a moment, before swallowing. "It makes me question the Dragon and their 'mountain tuna' as the flavor is very similar."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Mountain tuna, sea cucumbers... does anything on the tables of the Empire have a name of its own? Saksaha wonders, just a little tipsily.

"I have seen some maps and pictures. They say the other Clans use their land all for growing grain and planting forests for wood, and there is not enough to spare for pasturing herds, and that is why you all eat fish and fowl instead... if that is so, why not enjoy it when it is offered, yes?" She snags a bite of grilled fish and chases it with a swallow of kumis. "On our travels we have few chances to eat all these things from the sea, but you will not see us looking so nervous about them," she adds, blissfully unaware of the crustacean-induced travails awaiting some of her kin later that night. "Take the opportunity and don't be fearful about it, right?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:38 pm

Taira nodded. "I remember a priest saying something about purity once, but it sounded a little contrived to me."

With a shrug, he indicated how much he thought of priests. He was more of a Taoist.

"So, if you don't mind my asking, what sorts of lands did you see? I've never gone beyond the borders, and while the Empire is vast, to my eyes, you may see it differently."

Soshi Taira

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center