[D2, EM] Oni Aftermath

Re: [D2, EM] Oni Aftermath

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:45 pm

Looking up from the Unicorn whose wounds she had bound, Tomoe looked at Kaiya.

"Fairuz... -sama? Are you in affiliation with the Jade Office?" she asked as she rose to her knees again, picking up her healer's kit and approaching the Fairuz carefully.

She stared hard at the tainted sand ahead of them. A creature attacked them? Was it an Oni of some sort, perhaps? Or something that followed them from their travels?

---

D2 EM #1 Lore: Shadowlands/Intelligence. #2 Lore: Maho/Intelligence. Free Raise for extra info. TN unknown: 2#5d10o10k4 15 35
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:47 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"Are those other two here now?" Saksaha looks about; nobody is yelling in pain at least. "And what is this Jade Magistrate, why should we need him?"

As far as Chi-Pu's rather dramatic but safely ordinary food poisoning... she sighs. "Too many sea oysters. I see." The destruction around them at least indicates that the whole incident wasn't just a hallucination caused by bad seafood, but it's still no good to have a Battle Maiden hacking up her stomach contents instead of upholding the honor of the Clan. "Just come here and hold still, Otaku-sama, let me help with that."

Chi-Pu looks at Saksaha with shame in her eyes.

"It is nothing. I did not sleep, and between the sickness and the fight I simply need rest, Iuchi-san."

She turns her attention toward the Hare and the Fairuz, listening to them talk.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:18 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:It didn't seem like Chi-Pu was in any condition to point them out to her, so Tomoe went on to see if she could find the wounded ones.

The rabbit was unconcerned about getting her hands dirty as she put set her mind to the task ahead; people were hurt, and she would help however she could!

---

(going to be AFK from rolling, so first person who wants healing can have this)
D2 EM Medicine/Int. 1 raise. TN 20: 6d10o10k4 31
D2 EM Medicine Healing.: 2d10o10k1 8

After making sure that the damage done by the creature was not too severe, Taichi moved to the gathering throng of people. He gladly accepted the healing from the Usagi, bowing deeply to her in return in thanks. "I thank you, Usagi-san. It frustrates me so that such a creature was able to land a blow on me."

He straightened up, although his movements still seemed somewhat sluggish and disjointed. "Nevertheless, it was nothing that the might of the Unicorn could not handle."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:19 pm

"If you say so, Otaku-sama. But it is no trouble." Saksaha shrugs. This is no court gift that needs to be offered multiple times, and it's too early in the morning for her to feel up to carefully coddling a Battle Maiden's tetchy pride. She hasn't even had her tea yet! If Chi-Pu wants a spell she can have it, but she'll have to say so.

She moves closer to this Fairuz person, looking around at the debris. A fight had happened here, obviously, but are there any clues as to what came before the fight? And what were he and Tomoe talking about exactly? What was this creature the Otaku saw?

---
D2 EM--what the heck happened here? Look for oni clues... Inv/Per: 4d10o10k3 15

D2 EM--Lore: Shadowlands to make head or tales out of Chi-Pu's description. Sage.: 4d10o10k3 20
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Chi-Pu nods to the Iuchi and sits down finally, turning to Amaya and graciously taking her water.

"Thank you, Ide-san."

She takes a drink and lets out a long sigh as she watches the newcomers assess the situation, ready to give any more information they ask.

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:32 pm

The Fairuz stood, turning back to the others and giving a proper bow and introduction. "Fairuz Kaiya.. just a simple priest of the family, no direct association with Jade-sama's office."

"While a panic would bode ill for the miai, some measure should be taken to keep passers-by from wandering into this until it has been cleared by the appropriate authority."

With things having started to calm slightly, and Chi-Pu's post-battle adrenaline seeming to have come down, Kaiya turned his attention toward her and the Shinjo.

"What can be told about the thing that did all of this?"
House Fairuz • Shugenja • Curious • Quantum Horsing
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 3
Carried Items: Flute, journal, knife, miniature go set, scroll satchel, wakizashi, writing kit.
Languages: Mekhem
Fairuz Kaiya

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Amaya gives a small bow, her large eyes showing signs of fear. She was a Courtier from a land without courts. She'd barely been taught enough to know which end of her wakazashi to hold. She'd been coached and trained and drilled in the ways of diplomacy, learning how to smooth ruffled feathers and couch careful words around distasteful ideas. But somehow she doubted that the kind of creature that did this was willing to debate it out. She kept her own counsel, listening attentively to the others, but her lips were pressed firmly together and her hands were clasped tightly around one another.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:39 pm

"Please come see me again tomorrow if you still feel impeded by your injuries, Shinjo-sama," Tomoe bowed in return to the fabulous Shinjo.

She looked on with some concern as the Fairuz revealed he was not affiliated with the Jade Office, and that the Unicorn had been injured by the monster.

"Anything you can say about this monster that attacked you would be beneficial to understanding what sort of threat has appeared, Otaku-sama, Shinjo-sama... please be calm and try to recall as much as you can."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:42 pm

Chi-Pu took another sip of water and again smiled at Amaya.

"Truly, you have my thanks, Ide-san."

"I was unable to sleep due to the sickness you saw earlier and had heard Otaku Kitakuhime-sama whistle late in the evening. When I looked out my Yurt, I saw her and Gekko riding off in full battle gear. Being her Nikutai, I followed."

Chi-Pu takes a small breath and her body seems to stop shaking a little.

"When we arrived, Moto Khulun and Shinjo Taichi were also here. Everything was on fire and this creature stood there, taunting us. It has the body of a man, but all the features of...what were those that we ate...lobster? Additionally, it had large boney wings and was shrouded in thick black Shadow. "

Her eyes grow wide in fear at the recollection, but she continues to speak.

"Finally, it smelled bad and commanded magics and tentacles. Taichi-san dealt the final blow using Massacre, Moto-san's blade, perhaps he could say more. Otaku-sama and I led defense, though both our steeds trampled the creature fearlessly, though seemingly without harm."

Chi-Pu looks to the freshly bandaged Taichi to add more to the story.

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:54 pm

At Chi-Pu's description, Amaya visibly shudders, but a thought occurs to her. Ducking into her tent, she returns with her tea set and performs a quick head count before putting water on to heat.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Amaya wasn't the only one to shudder... Tomoe was very concerned about this, and it only confirmed her suspicions regarding Khulun's very unique weapon.

The Hare breathed deeply as she seemed to consider all this with a very serious expression.

Damnit, I can't even do anything about my suspicions. I have no authority to butt in here, apart from giving a testimony with some weight behind it to a higher-ranking power... but there's not even a Jade official here, or a Kuni, or an Inquisitor!
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Taichi puffed out his chest a little, enjoying the attention. He immediately regretted this though, wincing.

"It is as Otaku-sama says. Some kind of shelled creature, almost like a robed and hooded figure, wreathed in darkness. Large, bone wings. It seemed impervious to almost all our strikes, even the mighty charge of the Shiotome and their steeds." He paused for effect, letting that sink in a little.

"However, Moto... Khulun?-san's sword seemed to be able to wound it. When she fell paralysed by its dastardly poison, I took up her sword. It struck me a mighty blow as you can see, but I was able to land the final strike." He did his best to put on a look of tragedy - so that he could then put on a brave face. "Her bravery was inspiring. It was because of her that we were able to defeat the creature."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:04 pm

Chi-Pu nodded.

"Last but not least, it said it would return, and that..and that it had the name of our kin."

She winces a little in pain or fatigue and lets out another soft sigh, taking a sip of water to keep from groaning.
Last edited by Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:08 pm

There were too many people for a proper tea ceremony and, given the circumstances, here was not the best place anyway. But tea was soothing to soul and, despite the clear sky's promise of soaring temperatures to come, Amaya felt oddly chilled. Pouring the tea, she offered a cup first to Chi-Pu and second to Taichi.

Ide Amaya

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Chi-Pu smiles to the Ide and nods, taking the cup.

"Thank you, Ide-san"

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts