A quest for a empty stomach. (Day 1 Late Evening)

Re: A quest for a empty stomach. (Day 1 Late Evening)

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:38 pm

"I... see. Well, I can try it."

However, she'd have to wait a bit in any case, as the hapless young badger dashed off again. Quite the first impression they were both making.

When he comes back (if he makes it back!), she says, a bit diffidently, "It only works if I can touch you, Badger-san. Does that... is it all right?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:50 am

It took a little while but he did return, looking but better and worse, in only the way food poisoning can make you. "A touch?"

"I don't mind." She was something of a doctor or priest after all. Well at least as far as he could tell.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:21 am

Saksaha taps the ashes out of her pipe and tucks it away into her belt pouch. "Well then. Keep still."

Without any further preamble, she reaches up--not too far up, since he's barely taller than she is--and places the palm of her left hand quite firmly on his forehead. Her right hand clasps one of the many trinkets dangling on strings around her neck, thumb rubbing across the the intricate carvings on its gray stone surface as she recites a short incantation in an unintelligible language.

All in all, it probably wouldn't seem much different from any other shugenja-working, except that there's no prayer scroll in sight. Daisuke won't feel better immediately, but he'll definitely feel a sort of change, as if his body has more endurance in the face of its dreadful cheese-induced torments.

Saksaha lets go of the stone amulet and her fingers find another charm, this one an oval of paler grayish brown quartz with a childlike human shape carved in low relief. She chants another incantation, and this time he really might feel better. Then she takes her hand away and steps back, pressing her palms together and murmuring a brief prayer of thanks phrased in very archaic Rokugani.

((Cast Earth's Touch: Daisuke's effective Stamina is 1 higher for the next hour. Cast Jurojin's Balm: may reroll the poison resistance test once with a bonus of +2k0. Also, it's physically impossible for him to get drunk again for the next hour. Sorry about that part. :P

Hiroji, when you stumble back from the latrines I've got just enough spell slots left to do you too if you want it.))
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:56 am

It was a bit odd, especially when she put her hand on his forehead, he honestly expected her to touch his shoulder. Still he tried his best not to fidget, standing still with his eyes nearly closed as she did her work. If was rather soothing and soon enough he was feeling much better.

Breathing a sigh of relief he offered the young woman a smile. "Thank you very much."

"I feel a lot better."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:23 pm

"That's good." She smiles back, feeling a touch shy all of a sudden, and brushes back a strand of beads that had fallen across her cheek while she was concentrating.

"As you are our guest, it is not proper to let you fall ill in our camp. Well, if we can help it."

Sometimes you couldn't stop nature from taking its course. But, happily, it seems this is not one of those times.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Daisuke as well was becoming distinctly aware of how he likely smelled, and he honestly wished he had a chance to clean up right about now. When you're miserable you don't often pay much attention to how you might look.

"Still thank you..." He trailed off as he noticed he had yet to get the young woman's name. "Ah, and it seems I've been a tad bit rude. I'm Ichiro Daisuke, of the Badger."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:46 am

HIroji too, clambers out of the latrine. His face showing small signs of relief. He notices the new arrival and bows. "Oh, good evening."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:26 pm

"Ah, and I am Iuchi Saksaha." She nods to the new... Crab person as well. "Of the Unicorn." They can already tell that, you goose!

Belatedly, she remembers she's supposed to, like, bow to them or something. So she does. There had after all been quite a bit of kumis and that sake and other such things, and while it hadn't seriously affected her sturdy constitution, it is perhaps making her a little careless of social niceties.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:51 pm

"Feeling better?" Daisuke asked the Crab as he came back from his visit to the latrines. Though his eyes drifted back to the soon after, and he had to suppress the urge to smirk as she bowed. It seemed like she had almost forgot.

"My companion here was complaining about similar problems as myself Iuchi-san, I'd introduce him, but we had just met as well."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:09 pm

"Yes. Somewhat." Hiroji replied with a grimace. "My name is Kaiu Hiroji." He adds after a bit, awkwardly.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:47 pm

"Welcome to Unicorn lands, then, Kaiu-san," Saksaha says, then adds, "I'm, um, sorry to hear you are unwell."

Crab... Crab are definitely supposed to be closer to the Moto than the Ide end of the spectrum. But she's already broken the ice by successfully offering help to Daisuke, so it might be all right. "I know some charms which have helped Ichiro-san recover somewhat, if you will accept...?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:37 pm

((BTW, as soon as we talk round to it Saksaha will give Hiroji the same buffs she gave Daisuke upthread. I'm sure it'd be fine to take the poison reroll (with +3k1 to your Stamina roll) whenever you feel like, and just post it when we get round to it.))

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:42 am

Hiroji looks somewhat relieved. "Of course... Any help would be much appreciated."

[Redo for the stamina roll 6d10o10k4: 24 [6d10o10k4=[8, 7, 5, 4], 3, 1] +3k1 to normal thanks to pony magick.]

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:28 pm

"Then hold still, please." Saksaha puts her hand on Hiroji's head and repeats the business with the amulets and chanting, exactly as she'd done for Daisuke. It might be a bit awkward to experience, but he'll feel better immediately.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Daisike watched quietly as the Iuchi preformed her rituals once again. It was quite the interesting process and he could see much better when it wasn't being done to him.

"Thank you again Iuchi-san, if you hadn't arrived in sure Kaiu-san and I would have a most uncomfortable evening ahead."

Ichiro Daisuke

Previous

Return to Western Yurts