(Day 2, EA) Baby Don't Yurt Me (Khulun's Tent, Closed)

Re: (Day 2, EA) Baby Don't Yurt Me (Khulun's Tent, Closed)

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:46 pm

Butaj smiles reassuringly and nods in a sign that he understands. Then laughs at Khulun's sarcasm.

"Soshi Taira has a good handshake and is interested in curing horses too. But Butaj hasn't said he doesn't need a smack in the head or to be kidnapped and tied up to a saddle by a fierce she-rider to see the error of his lack of focus. Oh, that would be bad around here, Butaj methinks." Butaj chortles cheerfully. "But Sayyeda Khulun and Butaj can find him a good spouse if he can't choose himself."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:14 pm

Taira paused for a half second, contemplating responses, and then just chuckled and shook his head.

Tying the last stitch he set the needle in the hot water to clean, and tucked away the rest of the thread.

Winding bandages around his hands, he muttered, "It's not so complicated as all that... some of us are just busy."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:16 pm

“Ah well as you can see I spend my days scolding Butaj and lying in bed,” she replies with a laugh.

“Be too busy and all the good Unicorn will think you rude.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Taira raised an eyebrow, giving her an amused look.

"Well, if you must know, I am indeed here to find a wife, though I am still getting to know your clan, so I haven't even begun to determine what sort of marriage I am seeking, either into the Unicorn, or drawing another into my clan."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:27 pm

"You would make good Ide or Shinjo bride, Moto would break you," she jokes.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:44 pm

Taira smirked.

"Well, I sometimes surprise in a grapple, Moto-san."

With a firm touch, he began binding the wound, giving the woman just enough room to breath, but otherwise making it a very tight binding.

"No riding for a few hours at least, preferably take it easy for a day, though I know how warriors hate to sit still."

He stopped the bandage just below the breast, not wanting to get too familiar with the woman, professional though his touch was.

"Also, make a point to obtain some jade and wear it on your person for the remainder of this event, at least, if not making it a habit to wear permanently. If it starts to burn contact me immediately."

That last command was uttered with a vehemence that might shock, and carried nothing short of a doctor's most forceful command.

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:53 pm

"Why would jade burn?" she says with confusion.
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:57 pm

"If you are fortunate, it never will."

He sighed.

"The monster you fought was... horrible in ways you don't yet know. I will be blunt, it has the potential to inflict scars... infections... into the soul. Jade can serve as a defense, but is not infallible. I cannot say if you have any spiritual ailment, I am not a priest, but I can say that so long as you can hold jade without it burning you, you are not yet in position to fear."

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:05 pm

"You have jade to see?" she says.
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Taira shook his head.

"I never expected I'd need it. These creatures do not... appear... often. They must be summoned, or come pouring in from the south."

With a mental curse, he added, "I'll be adding it to my supplies going forward... it is an oversight I shouldn't have made."

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:17 pm

"I come from Moto blood, our souls are as steel," she says confidently.
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:27 pm

"Good, and with any luck, you'll be fine."

Taira tied off the bandages and leaned back on his heals.

"I've known Crab with wills of iron who were driven to madness with time. As a doctor I'm obliged to warn you, and offer what advice I can. You will then do what you think best, Moto-san. You have already proven your valor in facing the beast."

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:31 pm

She nods and says, “These Crab sound impressive. Who stronger, Scorpion or Crab?”
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:40 pm

That brought a laugh, and Taira gave her a sideways grin. "Now I'm biased, but I'll admit, the Crab are the toughest, physically, in the Empire. As for war? The Lion and Crab bicker over that, but the Scorpion are strong in our own ways. We do what needs doing, no matter the cost."

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:13 pm

“I thought Scorpion two-mouthed bastards, but you are not so bad and only have one mouth, that I see. When I feel better you can return to my yurt, we’ll see if you can do what needs doing, no matter the cost,” she says with a smirk.
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts