The Hollow Awards

Re: The Hollow Awards

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Subject: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Doji Fukawa wrote:
Moto Butaj wrote:Fukawa's perfumes tickle Butaj's nose but he doesn't seem to be getting what the scent is about. In a legitimate Ujik-hai greeting custom he leans in and takes a hearty whiff of he Doji's hair, then withdraws with a thoughtful 'hmmm' while blinking and rubbing his nostrils.

"Butaj feels it holds true for more things that bring the Unicorn traditions and the traditions of Rokugan back together. Butaj imagines that strong community between Clans pleases the Emperor. If it is through cooking experiments, so be it! Butaj would volunteer to try fish with cheese!"

They had been sitting there, conversing like two normal samurai. Sure, one was the craniest of doji courtiers, and one was a Moto barbarian. But pleasant words and sentiments were being exchanged.

And then it seemed as if time were slowing down. The Moto leaned his burly body in, and attempted to inhale the Crane's petite head.

Fukawa's beautiful fan with the cherry blossoms upon a spring lake lay uselessly by her side, set aside to eat.

Her face seemed to be frozen, in an expression much like shock, as her eyes filled with horror.

Did.....he...just....SNIFF...me?!?!? Fukawa mentally screamed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(Also very happy to see that Butaj is doing the same I did last time I played a Moto. Though the Yodotai was slightly less horrified than this Doji over the hair-sniffing :D )
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Subject: The Arrival of the Condemned (EM, D1)

Matsu Yurio wrote:By now Yurio had overseen the removal of the offensive pelt from his tent . . . yurt, and was attempting to impress on what servants he could find how upset he was about it.

#teenytinykittehfootstomp

So angry! :lol: :lol:

Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:53 pm

I bet you all are gonna regret asking for bad stuff from MS!

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=390
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:42 pm

The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Doji Fukawa wrote:Brutaj

Best. Nickname. Ever.

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj takes in the aura of grave seriousness and displeasure, and gets truly confused. When explanation follows, it turns into perplexed disbelief.

"Butaj does not understand why anyone would ever think bad things about Doji Fukawa. You are both younger and more delicate than Butaj, and Butaj has been informed that touching is bad, so he hasn't offered a handshake for a greeting, but proper greeting must be! Smelling hair is how an older greets a younger among the Moto, and it implies not what you say!"

Butaj's expression turns into a sad scowl. His shoulders slump a little but then resolve infuses his features.

"Butaj meant no harm. If it pleases Doji Fukawa, Butaj will now rise and tell everyone loud and clear that you are in not intimate relationship with Butaj! Butaj is an honest man and believes truth will always defend itself!"

Told you he was Most Eligible.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:31 pm

Its slightly self-referential and for that I apologize, but I accomplished something I never thought I could.

I made a Matsu blush! :D
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:49 am

Soshi Taira wrote:
Asako Hirase wrote:From this post, emphasis mine:

Iuchi Batul wrote:There was a slight movement of the shoulders of Batul as she relaxed a bit after hearing that she needed not to be constrained, and even a sigh moved out of her. "My brotocol doesn't give me much more than that, actually. But I already feel strange looks because of my bigger eyes, and accent when I sbeak."

I realize that it's a deliberate modification of speech, but oh, lordy, the idea of legions of frat pledges or what have you making protocol for their bro-ness made me crack up.

I don't have ranks in Forbidden Knowledge: Broshido, so I can neither confirm nor deny that statement.

Iuchi Batul wrote:"When I marry, I would like a brober man." She came back to the rest "A brovider, someone who will take care of my needs."

Batul strikes again.

I nearly lost it at "brovider".
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Iuchi Batul on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:24 am

Asako Hirase wrote:From this post, emphasis mine:

Iuchi Batul wrote:There was a slight movement of the shoulders of Batul as she relaxed a bit after hearing that she needed not to be constrained, and even a sigh moved out of her. "My brotocol doesn't give me much more than that, actually. But I already feel strange looks because of my bigger eyes, and accent when I sbeak."

I realize that it's a deliberate modification of speech, but oh, lordy, the idea of legions of frat pledges or what have you making protocol for their bro-ness made me crack up.

What can I say? Changing p for b is giving some funny statements :D And more to come.
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:00 am

It yurts so good (D2 EM) OPEN

C'mon baby, make it yurt so good. :lol:
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Asako Yuki on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:36 am

Attack of the killer Sheep

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:As dawn began for the village, Hotaru found herself among the many visitors who found themselves arriving just in time for the miai and their first chance encounter with the Unicorn. Her first time out of the Scorpion lands and after many weeks on the road, she scarcely could picture that she had arrived at her intended destination. While hauling herself through the field, it was rather easy to get lost in the village, given so much open ground had been allocated to the Unicorn and few permanent buildings on the land.

"Ehhheeehh!"

She did eventually find one landmark to speak of, at least, a rather quaint little collection of animals. An adorable fluffy white sheep called out to her, as if hoping to catch her attention. "I was told many things about our host but I don't think you fit the description, as cute as you are!" she giggled before she extended out a hand to pet the animal affectionately.

Seeing as the Scorpion got closer, the sheep made a move to chomp down on her straw cloak that was hanging by her side.

"Hey. Hey! No. No. No," she stressed in command at the sheep as she fought to tug away the garment. "Let go!"
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:39 am

According to the rumours thread, there is now a warning sign about that outside the pens :D

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:18 pm

uh...

Moto Khulun wrote:“I thought Scorpion two-mouthed bastards, but you are not so bad and only have one mouth, that I see. When I feel better you can return to my yurt, we’ll see if you can do what needs doing, no matter the cost,” she says with a smirk.

Taira.exe has experienced a fatal error.

:shock:
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Link

I did not even think about the blind people competing in this xD
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:"Ok. So the first one is... if a woman weighs as much as a duck, is she a witch?"

I think the answer you were looking for was "only if she turned you in a newt".

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Bantu on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:05 pm

This should end well
Fairuz Kaiya wrote:(Oh, you)

As the fires roar to life (and don't immediately seem to be trying to eat anyone), the Fairuz leads with his first question..

"Fire-sama.. Very recently, a creature of darkness appeared and attacked a number of the samurai here. I seek information on what occurred.. What brought this creature here?"

Mindshred wrote:The flames crackle as they speak to Kaiya in a voice only he could understand.

"A pact made in blood between a foreigner and the realm of evil."
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:39 am

This probably belongs in here for the folks who were away while it went down:

Subject: Wings of Darkness (D2, Early Night)

Mindshred wrote:Image

A few of the birds cast a glance toward Togashi Udo.

"...once I carried the name of Miya... though that name has since been set aside..."

The birds turn their attention back to Kitakuhime.

"...now, I am merely Kiyoshi... the Onyx Champion... and servant of the Ninth Kami..."

Kitakuhime's response on the following page is suitably epic, too! :)
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat