[Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Re: [Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Postby Moto Baatar on Mon May 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:"Ohayou, Moto-San. I apologize that we had not previously been introduced. " Hirase bowed." I am Asako Hirase. My dear cousin is Asako Yuki. I am certain that the time will come for you to speak once she has had time to recover from... " What excuse had she used?"... the meal she missed this morning."

"Thank you, Asako-san; I, uh, look forward to becoming acquainted with the, um, lovely Yuki," Baatar replied, awkwardly trying to make the best of an impossible situation.

"But, did you say my future bride is missing meals? I'm a great hunter, you know. I'll always be able to provide her food. Maybe I can bring her some of the eggs left over from the egg hunt? The flavor is especially pungent after a week, you know; it's very healthful!"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 08, 2017 6:34 pm

Somewhere in time before the rush of suitors that stormed the staging area at the end of the selection process, Yuuru stood up and made his claim.

"To our host, I thank you for this opportunity. I am more than pleased to offer my selection of Moto Khulun as my bride and look forward to the wonderful relations between our two clans that will be established by the arrival of both Otaku Kitakuhime and Moto Khulun, two noble-born members of their respected clans. May my personal union blossom and grow as the friendship between Scorpion and Unicorn does is my sincere hope."

He bowed scanned the crowd and nodded to Khulun.
Last edited by Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 08, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 6:40 pm

"I intend to ask to that end later today," she admitted, "It.. is new, that one of our marriages does not have everyone remaining within the Unicorn."

Fei nodded, showing her understanding of the situation, "I would not want to step in the way of tradition Isawa-san," she hid the momentary surprise, perhaps anger if it was left to settle, well. After all, Nonin was quick to mend her concerns. "I must ask, aside from showing off my prowess in combat and being your wife. What duties are to befall me when I am joined with your Family?"

It was... not a question she knew if it was proper to ask, or if he even had an idea.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Miya Mei on Mon May 08, 2017 6:46 pm

The ceremony coming to an end and still not chosen, Mei sits and stares over the scenery behind the village.

"Dark Edge Village..."

She whispers to herself and pulls the katana on her hip slightly out of its sheath, the shadow of her hand casting a darkness over the blade.

"Dark Edge..."

She sheaths the blade forcefully with a clack, a few tears rolling down her cheeks.

"So be it."

/exit
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Asako Hirase on Mon May 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:"Thank you, Asako-san; I, uh, look forward to becoming acquainted with the, um, lovely Yuki," Baatar replied, awkwardly trying to make the best of an impossible situation.

"But, did you say my future bride is missing meals? I'm a great hunter, you know. I'll always be able to provide her food. Maybe I can bring her some of the eggs left over from the egg hunt? The flavor is especially pungent after a week, you know; it's very healthful!"

This young man had a good attitude, at least. Hirase's expression eased a little. "While my Cousin is perhaps a bit more versed in the traditions of those outside of the Empire than most, thanks to her father, I do not know that such a delicacy is the right way to resume one's diet in a proper fashion. Besides, I am sure it was only the excitement of the day which put her off of her breakfast. It is my most fervent hope that she regains most of her spirit and vigor after a day or so to recuperate."

Even as he spoke, Hirase made himself a promise that he would broach the topic with Yuki tomorrow, or the day after. This man didn't deserve ill-treatment, just because of how things had been. The least his Cousin could do was be civil.
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Mon May 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Iuchi Batul wrote:"I will share your name, your home and my devotion with you, Otomo Tenzo-San. I will serve you like I will serve the Embire, like I have served the Unicorn to this day." She blushed through her accent though she had tried to pick words that would not reveal it.

Tenzo took the hand of his opposite arm and gently rested it over top of Batul's, smile widening as he spoke. "And I in turn, Iuchi Batul-san, soon to be Otomo Batul-san, will share with you all the wonder and splendor that the Empire has to offer, hand-in-hand and always by your side," he stated warmly to his bride in response. He kept his hand with her's for the rest of the ceremony, watching the various choices unfold and taking mental notes to himself on the love and drama surrounding some picks and politics and future implications of others.

As he looked around the area with the ceremony coming to its end, however, it appeared his dear Miya cousin was seemingly absent. Strange...
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?
Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 2.5 | Courtship Points: 8

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon May 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:Looking to Tsukimi and Kogo and gives them a nod, his name having been called, he smiles and gives them a bow. "I do hope for the best for both of you, and look forward to speaking with you further in the future. I'll be certain to write you both and will hope our paths will cross in days yet to come."

He then moves to meet the woman that picked him for the first time.

Kogo nods to Monkh-san. "I will look forward to your letters Monkh-san and hearing of your travels. Until we meet again. " She smiles, a bit of joy rising to the surface for the first time since the choosing began.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon May 08, 2017 7:42 pm

"Kogo-san."

With a bow, Kemuri replaced his cousin at the Lion's side.
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon May 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Kogo's face brightens slightly, at seeing Kemuri come near. "Kemuri-san. It has been an interesting day. How are you?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 pm

"I am well." He smiled. There were many unexpected choices made. But, I can be content with the one concerning my future. Fate was not generous, but it was kind."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon May 08, 2017 7:52 pm

Kogo nods to him, glad that he is happy, even if it makes less likely they will see each other again. "I am glad that the Fortunes brought you...a positive choice. I will be saddened that we will not see each other more, but at least this time has been had."

She thinks for a moment and then says. "Unless you return to your family for a visit. Then perhaps, we will go hunting in truth."

I still keep thinking I will return home. But I have made my choices....Still, it is odd to think of. I will be leaving my home in truth after this spring. As she ponders this, a small part of her heart lightens and sinks. Still, it is better than what was. The smile she turns on Kemuri has a trace of her good humor in it.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Isawa Nonin on Mon May 08, 2017 8:18 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:"I intend to ask to that end later today," she admitted, "It.. is new, that one of our marriages does not have everyone remaining within the Unicorn."

Fei nodded, showing her understanding of the situation, "I would not want to step in the way of tradition Isawa-san," she hid the momentary surprise, perhaps anger if it was left to settle, well. After all, Nonin was quick to mend her concerns. "I must ask, aside from showing off my prowess in combat and being your wife. What duties are to befall me when I am joined with your Family?"

It was... not a question she knew if it was proper to ask, or if he even had an idea.

"That depends on you, Shinjo-san," says Nonin hesitantly. "I . . . I am more a scholar and a healer than a man of action. If it would suit you, I could keep our household while you served in the army or other martial duty. You seem like an ideal samurai-ko and I would not wish to deny you your Tao."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon May 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:Somewhere in time before the rush of suitors that stormed the staging area at the end of the selection process, Yuuru stood up and made his claim.

"To our host, I thank you for this opportunity. I am more than pleased to offer my selection of Moto Khulun as my bride and look forward to the wonderful relations between our two clans that will be established by the arrival of both Otaku Kitakuhime and Moto Khulun, two noble-born members of their respected clans. May my personal union blossom and grow as the friendship between Scorpion and Unicorn does is my sincere hope."

He bowed scanned the crowd and nodded to Khulun.

Not every choice ends in sadness, not every choice ends in happiness... there are good days and bad. This was one of them, yet unlike those days that seem to find the middle... this was something else. Khulun ushers her mount to her husband to be an gives out a shrill ululation of approval.

She says once close enough, "The Unicorn are honored by your decision Soshi Yuuru, this was not an end I foresaw yet it is not one that I find a burden. From this moment I swear before my ancestors and kin that I shall be fierce and dutiful to you and yours as long as you swear to be fierce and dutiful to me and mines. Your enemies will be my enemies, your allies are my allies."

"From the day we are bound till the day we return our names to our ancestors, we shall be one voice and blade. This I swear as long as you swear it so."

Love was beautiful, but duty was transcendent.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Bantu on Mon May 08, 2017 8:39 pm

Hearing the announcement of matches for himself and the others, and learning that Dabo had contingency plans in place lifted Bantu's spirit slightly.

An Otaku, he glanced around the room at the Otaku present, trying to gauge what that might mean for him.

Could be worse I guess he ponders as his gaze falls upon the Moto who were in attendance.
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 8:48 pm

Isawa Nonin wrote:"That depends on you, Shinjo-san," says Nonin hesitantly. "I . . . I am more a scholar and a healer than a man of action. If it would suit you, I could keep our household while you served in the army or other martial duty. You seem like an ideal samurai-ko and I would not wish to deny you your Tao."

Fei noticed the hesitation, but wasn't quite sure where to apply the pressure to find it's source, "That sounds reasonable, it allows for both of our talents to go without waste. However, details such as those can be left for later. As it remains unclear where your lord would have me serve outside of the time where there is a need for warriors to go to war."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center