[Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

[Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Postby Mindshred on Sun May 07, 2017 4:30 am

All of the samurai taking part in the miai have gathered to choose their future spouses... or to watch their hopes and dreams dashes upon the cold and frigid surface of reality.

As the samurai gather to begin choosing their spouses, a group of Otaku approach Ide Dabo and hand him a series of furled scrolls. He asks what they are, but the Otaku merely inform him that everything will be clear once he reads the missives.

One by one, he opens each missive, reads it, and glances at the group of Otaku in increasing anger and annoyance. "This is not how things are done," he points out, setting the last of the scrolls aside.

"Otaku Xiu disagrees," one of the Otaku women points out, with a gesture to the scrolls. "If you wish to disobey her request..."

Dabo raises his hand, cutting her off. "No, there is no need. You have clearly managed to convince her that true love is more important than the rules."

The Otaku woman grins with a bit of fierceness. "A samurai is fearless in all things, Ide-san."

With a heavy sigh, Dabo makes a few quick changes to his list.

[Otaku Chou gains +20 Courtship Points!]
[Otaku Jinjing gains +20 Courtship Points!]
[Otaku Huan gains +20 Courtship Points!]
[Otaku Meixiu gains +20 Courtship Points!]
[Otaku Xantoko gains +20 Courtship Points!]

Otaku Chou steps forward and looks over the crowd. "There are none here who can compete with the might and beauty of the great bear, Kitsune Kumahime. I choose her as my wife, so that she might lend her strength and courage to a new generation of Unicorn children."

Otaku Jinijing is next. She smiles widely as she makes her choice. "Seppun Hideo shall become my husband. I will travel with him to his home and become the first Unicorn to take an Imperial name."

As she finished, Otaku Huan raises her voice. "I have watched many samurai attempt our tests, but none has shown such disappointment and anger at failing as Matsu Yurio. His desire to succeed, despite his inability to do so, has won my heart, and I shall take him home so that he might help my family raise our famed hunting dogs."

Next is Otaku Meixiu. "It has become clear that our Clan must know more about the dark forces arrayed against us. To that end, I shall marry Kaiu Hiroji, slayer of the mighty Orochi, so that he might teach us about not only love, but also the hidden things we must know."

Last to speak was the leader, Otaku Xantoko. "I shall marry Yogo Yuchi. He is unlike us in many ways, and by marrying him, I shall learn more about this Empire we left behind. My children shall be raised as one of the Scorpion, and I shall don a mask to serve as his wife."

(Otaku Chou <-- Kitsune Kumahime)
(Otaku Jinjing --> Seppun Hideo)
(Otaku Huan <-- Matsu Yurio)
(Otaku Meixiu <-- Kaiu Hiroji)
(Otaku Xantoko --> Yogo Yuichi)

(This is the observation thread for the match choosing process. Emotions are likely to run high, so please try to remain calm.)
Mindshred

Re: [Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sun May 07, 2017 4:33 am

Monkhbaatar patiently waits for what he assumes will eventually be his called name. He was aware that his name was rather low on the list of eligible bachelors, but he was at least that... eligible.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun May 07, 2017 4:35 am

Mizuki was surprised behind her mask. Someone picked Yuichi? Well, good for him.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sun May 07, 2017 4:40 am

Yuuru arrived and looked around.

Imane... Yukarin... Batul... Fei... Saksaha... here goes nothing.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun May 07, 2017 4:41 am

'' ... ''

Who is she? Yuichi wonders when his name was said aloud.

'' ... ''

Oh, well whatever... At least she has a pronounceable name. Kinda. Jade test or jade strike comes later. He shrugs and continues to silently watch the choosing process.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Sun May 07, 2017 4:44 am

Hiroji stands the for a long moment, slack jawed. After a while the situation begins to sink in, and he closes his mouth as a sad expression emerges on his face. Hiroji you stupid charming bastard... He thinks to himself.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun May 07, 2017 4:47 am

Daisuke lingered near the back, his eyes carefully observing the happenings, he was tired having hardly slept last night, but he wouldn't have to pay attention long. He would be picked early or not at all, it was simple as that.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun May 07, 2017 4:47 am

Butaj comes in his best fur of white minks and lambskin braces, immaculately groomed, with his head stripe-shaved and hair braided into rings in a Moto fashion. He carries Asako Yuki's fan behind his belt. He watches what ensues.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Bantu on Sun May 07, 2017 4:52 am

Bantu arrives at the final meeting, he hangs out near the back, knowing he hadn't impressed the hosts enough to be awarded an early pick. Unfortunately he also doubted he had made enough of an impact on any of the Unicorn samurai-ko for them to select him.

I hope there's a large graduating class from the Iuchi school this next season... He muses to himself.
Scorpion Clan * Duelist * Bushi * Smart Cookie * Dancer *
Honor: Untrustworthy * Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Daisho, Smoking pipe, Go set, Mask, Yumi
Description
Soshi Bantu

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun May 07, 2017 4:55 am

Yue blinked. Well, I guess I don't have to feel bad about not choosing the Crab...
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun May 07, 2017 4:55 am

Hideos fists clenched. This was unacceptable, to just march in at the end of a miai!

He looked to where Amaya stood, and in his eyes was a clear answer. He wouldn't accept this.

He turned and walked away, never acknowledging the Otaku.

/exit
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun May 07, 2017 5:02 am

Her eyes flash like lightning even as they fill with tears. If looks could kill, Jinijing would surely be laid out before all present in a heartbeat. Her jaw works as she watches her True Love depart.

Straightening, she turns sharply on her heel and follows.

/exit
Last edited by Ide Amaya on Sun May 07, 2017 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Sun May 07, 2017 5:03 am

After a bit of contemplation. Hiroji turned to look where Yue was standing and headed over to her. He bowed before he spoke. "Yue-San. It appears I have failed in my task." He paused, his expression pained. "I wish you the best, with whomever you choose. I hope you will be happy." He bowed again.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun May 07, 2017 5:07 am

Dong-Ha stood at the side, clad in his better robes for the occasion. Nervous as the young man was, his hands rested on his charms as he fiddled with them.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun May 07, 2017 5:20 am

Daisuke watched as the pair of lovers departed, wondering what exactly they might have in mind, hopefully nothing unfit for a samurai. His eyes then drifted towards Liu Yue, silently wondering if she recalled his words from days before. Perhaps this was because the Ide had shown her hand to early.

What he saw there was a somewhat depressed looking crab,a crab he wasn't expecting, he shouldn't be surprised about that relationship but he was. Perhaps he would have to say thank you to the Otaku who picked hiroji, he had rather liked the crab after all.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Next

Return to The Administrative Center