[D2 LE] Sweets, Cheese, and Song (Amaya's Yurt) [Closed]

[D2 LE] Sweets, Cheese, and Song (Amaya's Yurt) [Closed]

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:40 am

The flap of Amaya's yurt has been rolled up and tied off, anyone who walks near enough can see in fairly well. Easily visible against the back wall is a kimono rack, the garment has been covered with with a silk cloth to protect it from any stray dust or dirt. The yurt is sparse and tidy, a pair of tatami mats making up the floor.

She has borrowed a lantern from somewhere, and it hangs over a compact chabudai in the centre of the hut. A number of small bowls and platters laid upon it, as well as two pairs of chopsticks and two drinking cups. Amaya hovers nervously, occasionally fidgeting with something on the table, smoothing her kimono, her obi, as she waits anxiously.
Last edited by Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Re: [D2 LE] Sweets, Cheese, and Song (Amaya's Yurt)

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:03 am

Hideo had remembered to collect the sake and took the time to have a wash. It meant he arrived a little later than he had intended. As it har allowed the day to cool down though, he hadn't arrived looking messy.

He approached the open tent with a smile, gently tapping on the outside and saying "Ide-san? It is Seppun Hideo." He didn't enter even though he could see the girl, but he gave her a bow as he waited to be invited in.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:10 am

The smile that blooms on her lips is small, but genuine, her eyes sparkling happily. "Your presence honours this one, Seppun-Sama. Please do come in."

In the far left corner is a neatly rolled futon and a folded half-tatami. Against the right wall is a tea set, it is currently sitting on the floor, as the chabudai is in use; and set carefully in the corner is a kugo: a "lap" harp. The remainder of her belongings are bundled neatly into a furoshiki at the foot of the kimono rack. The only decoration - if it could be called that - is an empty cage hanging to one side, suitable for a cricket but currently unoccupied. The lodgings are sparse and tidy, but how could they not be tidy when there was so few furnishings?

Shyly she offers Hideo a seat at the chabudai.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:38 am

"Thank you Ide-san" Hideo enters with a warm smile "it is good to see you again Ide-san. You are looking quite lovely today, I hope you are well?"

He took a moment to look over her yurt. The empty cage was noted but not brought up at that current time. He idly wondered if she would close the tent flaps to allow for some privacy as well. Hideo moved over to the table where he withdrew a small bottle, and offered it to the girl.

"As thanks for this quite wonderful invitation, and as promised, here is a bottle of sake for you. It is a Crane peach sake, quite sweet and not too strong. I hope you enjoy it, it is one of my favourite blends."
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:49 am

Delighted, she accepts the sake, examining the bottle for a moment, "you are incredibly thoughtful, Seppun-Sama, a sweet sake will complement the foods I have selected." She finds a place on the small, and increasingly crowded folding table. Also on chabudai:

Platter 1
There are four pieces each of three unusual delicacies:
Image Image Image

Small Bowls
In a pair of bowls, two spoons perched invitingly on the rim of each:
Image Image

Platter 2
Again, four bite-sized morsels of each cheese has been provided:
Image Image Image Image

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:26 am

Hideo looks over the table offerings with a curious eye.

"This is quite the spread! It all looks so good, i'm truly humbled with the effort you have put into this meal Ide-san" he gave her another warm smile "I'm not sure where to begin! Would you allow me to pour us some drinks?" He motioned to the bottle "we can toast your delightful meal."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:38 am

"I cannot take credit, Seppun-Sama, I merely made the choices of what to present for you, but none of these are my own handiwork." She looks a little troubled, wondering if perhaps the ability to cook is something Hideo considers important.

"I would be delighted to share a drink, but only if you might allow me to return the toast with one to your generosity." Smiling, "and then perhaps you might indicate whether you would like to sample the cheese or the sweets first?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:14 am

"The selection however is wonderful" Hideo countered "and that was all your work. You honour me with the work you have put into this" he offered a seated bow before collecting the bottle and carefully opening it. "The setup as well...I am unsure if I'm truly worthy of the effort you have put into all this" he chuckled "I will have to hope I can prove to be a worthy guest."

"Also, we are in a more comfortable and less public setting, so you may call me Hideo if you wish."

He poured the sake into the cups, a small amount in each as he remembered she hadn't tried it before. He then lifted his cup.

"To the lovely and wonderful host, Ide Amaya."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:38 am

She blushes so much that the tips of her ears start to redden, and she hesitates as several different replies attempt to tumble from her mouth all at the same time. She manages to form one and says, carefully, "it would be an honour should you call me Amaya, Hideo-Sama."

She lifts her cup as well, inhaling deeply the fragrance of the sweet liquor, and murmurs softly. "And to you, a guest worthy beyond measure, whose generous words honour me and my entire Clan."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:51 am

She really was adorable when she blushed like that. He raised his cup up, holding her gaze with his for a few moments before saying "kanpai" and downing the small contents of the cup in one.

He made sure to watch for how she'd react to the sake.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:02 am

Imitating her guest, "khan-pie?" and she downs the sake. It slides down her throat, warming it on the way down, and she smiles. "Oh! This is excellent, so delicate."

---
Raw Stamina versus Sake - Pass!

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:08 am

"I'm glad it please you Amaya-san" Hideo said with a smile, moving to refill the cups again

"Unfortunately I was unable to heat it to the correct temperature; sake is often consumed hot. However the weather has warmed it a little. Now, shall we try some of this lovely food? I confess to having a bit of a sweet tooth, so perhaps something sweet?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:17 am

She smiles as he pours another drink, "I'm sure that it must be lovely on a winter's evening, to drink such enchanting sake by a warming fire." She pauses for a long moment to imagine that, eyes glittering.

She indicates one of the bowls, "this sweet yogurt has a tartness that I think would provide an interesting counterpoint to the sweetness of the sake. It has been lightly flavoured with the roasted and ground seed called coffee. We normally prepare coffee as a drink, but I think it adds a depth to the yogurt that is enjoyable."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:26 am

"It is delightful in the winter months, although many would say it's good all year round" Hideo chuckled, looking at the yogurt.

"Hm...it sounds very interesting. However it looks tricky to eat with chopsticks. How would one sample this?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:33 am

She laughs softly at the image of someone trying to scoop up the yogurt with their chopsticks, but kindly indicates to the spoons she has laid out. She picks up one of the spoons and delicately braces the bowl with her slender fingers, the bowl is small, and she neatly scoops up a little less than half of its contents.

Raising the spoon to her lips, she tastes just a little from the tip, then tilts the yogurt bowl towards Hideo in invitation so that he might do the same.

Ide Amaya

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts