Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Mirumoto Chou on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"We have some pretty sturdy goats," he says with a shrug. "Though they're a bit more temperamental than horses, I may be able to find one big enough to do so."

"We have very large goats in Dragon lands," the Mirumoto said, somewhat loftily. "They can climb up a sheer rock face. Sometimes the Togashi race them. That is a sight worth seeing."
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Challenge Accepted * Blind
G: 1 S: 1 H: What is expected CP: 0

"Would you like to see my picture of Shinsei? So would I."

The Jolly Blind Dragon
Carries a traveling pack, full daisho, and her seeing-eye lemur, Saku.
Mirumoto Chou

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:08 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:He dismissed her concern with his hand "It is no problem." he plainly stated "I was already going to start training tomorrow as such I can share some tips on how to defend yourself in hand to hand. Or does Usagi-san have some knowledge in weapon training?"

"Not much, I'm afraid to say. My teachers with the Phoenix were mostly pacifists, and well... my father never wanted me to handle much weaponry," she frowned a little. There was clearly a reason why, but it was obvious she didn't feel like this was the place to speak of it.

"Unarmed combat sounds like it could be very versatile and useful to know. I wasn't aware that was something the Matsu trained in?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:08 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"They must accept my role as a Nikutai. They must accept the ways of the Unicorn. They must maitain the tenants of bushido, especially Compassion."

She thinks a little before continuing.

"Being handsom is always a plus. Last, we must care for each other. And yourself?"

"I seek a bride who will at least respect my stance on peace, even if she does not by profession share it. She should be possessed of a curious mind, eager to learn and explore new things." Hirase frowned, briefly, thinking on it. "And she should know piety, though I understand that given your travels, some Unicorn may be pious to gods I have no knowledge of. That is fine. She will simply have to educate me."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Perhaps not, but men talk differently between themselves than they do with women," the Hare pointed out with an amused chuckle. "Just like women talk differently between ourselves... especially when talking about men."

She gave a knowing glance to her fellow woman at that.

Kogo glanced back, a small sparkle in her eye. "I would be intrigued to invite you to my home Usagi-san. I think you might see even more different ways that women talk there. The Matsu are...direct in some matters, more than another family might be."

Noting her clan mate's blush, she moved with the Hare's topic, fanning herself delicately. "That would be delightful! I would also be glad to practice with you Usagi-san, if you desire my company as well as my clan mate. If not, I am sure I could find somewhere else to be." Flirting her fan up to cover her smiling mouth.

It is so hard to resist teasing him.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:"I seek a bride who will at least respect my stance on peace, even if she does not by profession share it. She should be possessed of a curious mind, eager to learn and explore new things." Hirase frowned, briefly, thinking on it. "And she should know piety, though I understand that given your travels, some Unicorn may be pious to gods I have no knowledge of. That is fine. She will simply have to educate me."

"Piety..."

Chi-Pu looks to the heavens.

"What is it you believe? I know of the Kami: Shinjo, Hida, and Doji for example. I know there are spirits. I know our Iuchi could not hear them. "
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:01 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo glanced back, a small sparkle in her eye. "I would be intrigued to invite you to my home Usagi-san. I think you might see even more different ways that women talk there. The Matsu are...direct in some matters, more than another family might be."

Noting her clan mate's blush, she moved with the Hare's topic, fanning herself delicately. "That would be delightful! I would also be glad to practice with you Usagi-san, if you desire my company as well as my clan mate. If not, I am sure I could find somewhere else to be." Flirting her fan up to cover her smiling mouth.

"I would of course welcome your company as well, Matsu-sama," the Hare nodded with an approving smile. "As long as Matsu Nintoku-sama wouldn't feel too overpowered by the company of the both of us, of course..."

Ok, just one last tease!
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:06 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo glanced back, a small sparkle in her eye. "I would be intrigued to invite you to my home Usagi-san. I think you might see even more different ways that women talk there. The Matsu are...direct in some matters, more than another family might be."

"I would of course welcome your company as well, Matsu-sama," the Hare nodded with an approving smile. "As long as Matsu Nintoku-sama wouldn't feel too overpowered by the company of the both of us, of course..."

Ok, just one last tease!

"I suspect Matsu-san is more than capable of handling us both. I am sure there is much I could learn from him on technique."

I apparently learned more than I planned from court...

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:11 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
"Piety..."

Chi-Pu looks to the heavens.

"What is it you believe? I know of the Kami: Shinjo, Hida, and Doji for example. I know there are spirits. I know our Iuchi could not hear them. "

"I am a Fortunist, primarily." He continued to look only at her. "Oh, there are pieces of Shinsei' wisdom in which there is worth, but I find it more natural for myself to revere the spirits of the world and the great forces that populate it. Knowledge, Love, Contentment...these are powerful things. To revere the beings that embody those blessings, or to soothe the darker fortunes, seems a wholly logical approach to things."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:22 pm

Chi-Pu frowns and looks uneasy

"Dark fortunes? That sounds...manevolent. Who or what at they and how does one appease them?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Innuendo and double entendre were lost on the Matsu, though he did notice their giggles and smiles causing him to raise an eyebrow in confusion. "I believe I would be very capable of teaching you how to handle multiple opponents." he said thinking nothing more about their giggles "My sisters certified of such and I am thankful for that."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:29 pm

Mirumoto Chou wrote:...

"I'll take your word for it and hope that I get the chance someday," he replies with amusement. "The Togashi are the monks of your clan are they not? When that was mentioned to me I didn't really understand it, monks that are part of a Great clan."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:Innuendo and double entendre were lost on the Matsu, though he did notice their giggles and smiles causing him to raise an eyebrow in confusion. "I believe I would be very capable of teaching you how to handle multiple opponents." he said thinking nothing more about their giggles "My sisters certified of such and I am thankful for that."

Keep it together, keep it together... "I am glad to hear that Matsu-san. When would be a good time for you to meet, Usagi-san? I know you have your history class to think of."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:Chi-Pu frowns and looks uneasy

"Dark fortunes? That sounds...manevolent. Who or what at they and how does one appease them?"

"They are Fortunes, but...they embody unfortunate truths." He, it seemed, was completely comfortable talking about this aspect of his religion. "Ekibyogami-kami, for example, is the one who brings illness. She is given her due, out of respect and out of the hope that, in so showing respect, we keep her from punishing us." Hirase paused a moment, then added thoughtfully, "Though even the generally kind Fortunes have a wrathful face, should you displease them. Suitengu-kami is known for his tempers, and Inari-kami's wrath, though rare, comes in the icy breath of a dragon."

Asako Hirase

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Keep it together, keep it together... "I am glad to hear that Matsu-san. When would be a good time for you to meet, Usagi-san? I know you have your history class to think of."

"Humm, good question," she closed her fan and tapped it against her chin, looking like a military commander in deep thought over a strategical issue.

"Perhaps early in the morning? I know many bushi prefer to start the day with excersise?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:07 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Keep it together, keep it together... "I am glad to hear that Matsu-san. When would be a good time for you to meet, Usagi-san? I know you have your history class to think of."

"Humm, good question," she closed her fan and tapped it against her chin, looking like a military commander in deep thought over a strategical issue.

"Perhaps early in the morning? I know many bushi prefer to start the day with excersise?"

Kogo shakes her head. "With the feasting tonight, who knows what time the camp will go to sleep? Though I can rise with the sun, I suspect we may all wish for a few more hours after the revels tonight. And I know I am occupied during the late morning. What about early afternoon? It would give us some time to also refresh ourselves afterwards in time for any activities that might be planned. "

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center