Absolutely undignified (Day 1, Late Evening)

Re: Absolutely undignified (Day 1, Late Evening)

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:28 am

Ide Amaya wrote:Smiling, she looked up into the Imperial's eyes, "I have been most fortunate and my only complaint, if I had one, would be that of over-indulgence. And yourself, Seppun-Sama? I do hope that our cuisine has awoken no dragons in your belly to squirm or belch fire."

At his other question she shook her head slowly, "no." She pressed her lips together and then continued, "at least, no more proficient than one who has spent their entire lifetime on horseback can be. Battle was not the path laid for me, and I do believe my sensei who says that a single wise word can stay a thousand hasty blades."

"Have you ever ridden? It is such an experience." That dreamy look was returning...

Hideo gave the young woman a smile as she looked up to his eyes, holding her gaze for a few moments. "I can assure you I have only enjoyment in my stomach from your kins lovely cuisine. I have no complaints, and again thank you and your kin for the food."

He was about to be surprised at her not riding a horse...until Amaya clarified. "I can understand this. You are the face of the clan after all as you said" he gave her a nod of approval "I have the basic understanding of horsemanship, but I have never partaken in the activity. I haven't let the Imperial city before now, and horses through the streets of Otosan Uchi would certainly cause an interesting situation" he chuckled "if an Otaku learns to ride before she can walk, when does an Ide learn to ride?"
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:26 am

She thinks a little, "I remember riding double with my mother when I was very young. The long ride, you see, from before I was born the Unicorn people rode through the day. At night they camped, and at daybreak they rode again. I was older--" she says somewhat vaguely, "when I began riding my own horse, but still very young."

"It brings me sorrow that you have not had the chance to ride, to feel the great beast move like liquid steel beneath you, and the winds running their fingers through your hair. Alas that I do not have a horse to call my own, that I could invite you riding with me, but that wealth belongs to the warrior families of the Clan."

With a shy look that is almost coquettish, "if it pleases Seppun-Sama, one evening soon we could meet and I could provide some sweets and cheeses to complement dinner. Around this time of evening? You mentioned something about sake?"
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:56 am

"To be riding for so long that you almost grew up on a horse...It must have been very challenging to have to grow up and ride like that. I admire the strength of the Unicorn, and the persistence to continue. You say you're not as good at your warrior kin, but to have done so much riding...I would be beyond certain that your skills on a horse would surpass most within the Empire" Hideo said honestly "and it surprises me that the Unicorn had enough horses for you all to arrive but you do not have a horse of your own. Surely the bond between your horse and yourself after all that riding would be quite strong?"

He paused as her look changed, and he nodded with a smile growing again. She's certainly far more acceptable than those of her kin that I've seen so far...

"An evening of Unicorn foods, and rokugani drinks? I would be honoured to share this with you Ide-san. Event depending of course, but I would enjoy spending more time enjoying the foods of the Unicorn with such delightful company. When would suit Ide-san best? I cannot say I know how long it would take to prepare such a meal."
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:26 am

"No more challenging than any other childhood, I suppose. It was the only life I've known. For many the challenge starts here, for the Unicorn learning to adapt to life in Rokugan, for the spouses who join them, for the spouses who will be bringing a Unicorn back to their families."

She seems pleased by his praise of her riding prowess, "enough skill to stay a-saddle," she deflects humbly. "I do dream to one day have my own horse, but the ones I have ridden were all owned by Moto. I am saddened to say that many, far too many, steeds gave their very lives to bring our families back home," and indeed she seems pained, there is a glimmer in her eyes that suggest tears, but her soft voice remains clear.

"Events permitting, my nights are thus far free, and I would invite you to join me tomorrow night, If you do not feel I am monopolising your time?" She pauses a moment, then adds, "I must confess that as an Ide, I have strong ties to the event organisers, and I should have no difficulty acquiring some simple things for you."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:51 am

"The childhood for samurai raised in Rokugan is considerably less...hectic. Our senseis are able to teach in dojos, or in controlled fields with minimal risks from the outside world. You and your kin have been raised while riding through...kami knows what. That so many of your kin survived is a testament to the strength of the Unicorn, and the blessing of the Fortunes smiling upon you from so far away. We in the empire are very pleased to have you back with us again, as is the Emperor. Never forget this Ide-san" Hideo said with a bow of respect to the girl.

"Tomorrow evening? I shall spend the time until tomorrow evening looking forward to what you are able to arrange Ide-san" Hideo said with a warm welcoming smile "it shall be a wonderful evening. Where should I meet you?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:08 am

She is definitely blushing, enchanted by the honourable Imperial man. "If I may be bold, the firelight favours you, Seppun-Sama." She indicates to a nearby yurt, indistinguishable from all the rest, "you could meet me outside my yurt."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:24 am

Hideo could see this, and her compliment was noted. "That would be ideal Ide-san, I'll remember it."

He looked warmly into her innocent eyes, adding "I shall look forward to seeing your lovely self again Ide Amaya-san, you have been a true highlight of my first visit to the Unicorns lands, and any more time spent in your wonderful company will be welcome."

He paused, before adding "perhaps I will be blessed to enjoy a song?" not having forgotten her harmonizing earlier "or will this be another thing to look forward to when we dine together tomorrow along with lovely food and fine company?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:48 am

Her large eyes widen and she gasps. Perform? For an actual audience? But she very much wants to please Hideo. She looks down and thinks. After a moment she straightens, folding her fan and licking her lips, preparing herself. Her voice is high and lilting, and she sings a painful song of difficult travels. Her hands clutch the fan in front of her and her chin is lifted, she looks up and over the field of yurts to the stars, a distant look in her eyes.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:01 am

Hideo took a half step back as Amaya prepared, giving her space and giving her an encouraging nod. When she started to sing, Hideo looked on approvingly.

She has a brilliant voice. Truly the first true gem within the rough of the Unicorn. I had only viewed those of importance as worthy of consideration, but this one...she's certainly worth noting.

He smiled warmly

I shall have to see how tomorrow will be...

Hideo looked over at the others to see what their opinion of the singing was.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:57 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj looks into the fire too, thoughtfully so.

"Then it is important to know what impresses Asako Yuki. Butaj has a hunch it is less important what impresses Phoenix maidens in general and more what impresses particularly you. You understand the songs of my people, you must be special among your own."

Yuki flushed once more and waved her fan disarmingly. "No, no, not really. The Asako love to study things and learn. When I heard the Unicorn were going to arrive I just... did some studies on the Burning Sands, that's all. Nothing compared to what some of my cousins can do." She paused. "Do you know anything about Rokugani poetry, Moto-san?"
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:01 pm

"Not really, we have our own poetry for travelling, but Butaj would be happy to learn from Asako Yuki. It is very important for Butaj that you haven taken the effort to prepare for our arrival. We should learn from each other." Butaj nods encouragingly with a smile.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:21 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Not really, we have our own poetry for travelling, but Butaj would be happy to learn from Asako Yuki. It is very important for Butaj that you haven taken the effort to prepare for our arrival. We should learn from each other." Butaj nods encouragingly with a smile.

Yuki returned the smile. "Maybe I can give you some lessons, then? Say, the day after tomorrow?"

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:33 pm

Butaj's fingers move idly along the strings of morin khur, eliciting nothing more than a faint tone.

"Butaj can't be unhappy about that, and will gladly see you again."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Yuki's warm smile never faltered. "Hai, I look forward to it as well." She paused for a moment, then shook her head a bit, giggling to herself. "So do you have any other talents besides singing and playing?"

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:11 pm

"Butaj can entertain in many other ways." The Moto chuckles, and his small laugh is like pearls rolling on stone floor. "Like dancing or bariqu. For example, Butaj will wrestle a Soshi Yuuru tomorrow. But before all this, Butaj is a good warrior, a cavalryman of the Moto."

Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts