Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:01 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:"A mask hides the truth, but a body is just a different manifestation of the truth. I have little use for masks, though I understand their purpose to the Scorpion. I am this," he indicates his body, "and I am more. Just as you are that," he gestures to her "and more."

"But there is no need to get into the nature of truth on a fine afternoon such as this. Tell me, what are you looking forward to at the miai or back in the Empire? Perhaps I can help you experience it."

Yue nodded to his metaphor. She believed she understood him; she assumed he spoke on the notion of them both having souls.

"To be honest, Udo-dono, I did not put much thought into it." She swallowed her embarrassment. "I focused on the journey. Now that I am here, I will think more on the matter." Her lips turned upward a tad bit. "I aim to do my Duty to my Clan, though, and find myself a worthy husband."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:05 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:"Indeed I am." he replied in the same affable tone, seemingly unfazed by her compliments "Though I would say it is a very safe bet to assume a Matsu is a bushi. Few of my cousins have ever chosen the path of the courtier and those that have is often for reasons of greater force."

"Certainly those challenges will suit me best." he nodded "I did polish my horsemanship before coming here as well. I assumed since I was to marry an Unicorn at least I would improve on my skills to make our relationship as affable as possible."

He eyed the small courtier, assessing her for a brief moment "Usagi-san said she was an historian correct? I'd say her skills will also be very useful given the need to close the gap between our wayward cousins and ourselves."

The courtier likewise seemed to be assessing Nintoku, trying to place something familiar in her mind. Hm, guess it was nothing then.

"It's certainly my intention to do what I can in that regard, Matsu-sama... not that some of them seemed terribly impressed with my efforts," she gave a small shrug, clearly unbothered with the opinion of those who didn't care for history like she did. At least the Lions appriciated REAL history!

"I will make it my effort to cover a historical topic each day of this miai. This morning I shared the accounts of the Battle of Stolen Graves, the Battle of Bloody Retreat and the finale of the Battle of Sleeping River. A lengthy and slightly unpleasant topic to be sure, but quite nescessary to understand the current circumstances of the Empire."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:10 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Gentle lover? Butaj would like to be one if it would please his wife but... how is Butaj supposed to practice that?"

He looks at Khulun with embarrassment and concern.

Khulun pats his shoulder and says, “You are already many steps ahead most but you want to know more then we can discuss this back at the yurts. I will say that listening to your wife to be will take you far in this life.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue nodded to his metaphor. She believed she understood him; she assumed he spoke on the notion of them both having souls.

"To be honest, Udo-dono, I did not put much thought into it." She swallowed her embarrassment. "I focused on the journey. Now that I am here, I will think more on the matter." Her lips turned upward a tad bit. "I aim to do my Duty to my Clan, though, and find myself a worthy husband."

Udo looks around the gathering. "It looks as if there are many fine samurai here. I imagine many will prove worthy to the Clan, and let's hope one of us proves worthy to you, as well."

Continuing to scan the crowd, he adds, "It seems your journey has not ended, you are just on a new path, or so my sensei would say." He pauses and looks up at her again. "The Dragon are from the mountains, and there are many paths there. Some are treacherous, some are long and winding. I hope the path you are currently on is, if nothing else, downhill." He smiles broadly.

Yup, that's lazy Dragon humor.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:22 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:Khulun pats his shoulder and says, “You are already many steps ahead most but you want to know more then we can discuss this back at the yurts. I will say that listening to your wife to be will take you far in this life.”

Butaj nods, thinking intensely about gentle loving. It will remain Butaj's secret who is the heroine of these thoughts but it includes tickling by blowing dandelions.

"Butaj is grateful to Sayyeda Khulun for opening his eyes on these matters. It's not that he needs the knowledge right away, his wife is still far ahead to be his wife, but he will be happy with whatever guidance he can get on the matter."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:32 pm

Her choice of topic briefly darkened his mood though he did nod in agreement "Our Empire's history is one built on the sacrifice of many. I commend you on your choice Usagi-san."

"That is a very good initiative by the way" he circled back to her storytelling "People often fail to notice the value of history and how it can help you prepare for future problems. I'm certain whoever you're matched with will be very fortunate."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:39 pm

The Hare huffed a little. "A husband with a good head on his shoulders and an appriciation for history sounds good to me. Certainly I hope that won't be too much to ask for!" she broke into a small laugh behind her fan.

"Though I am now curious what sort of spouse a Matsu would prefer..." Tomoe mused, looking between Kogo and Nintoku.
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:52 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:Udo looks around the gathering. "It looks as if there are many fine samurai here. I imagine many will prove worthy to the Clan, and let's hope one of us proves worthy to you, as well."

Continuing to scan the crowd, he adds, "It seems your journey has not ended, you are just on a new path, or so my sensei would say." He pauses and looks up at her again. "The Dragon are from the mountains, and there are many paths there. Some are treacherous, some are long and winding. I hope the path you are currently on is, if nothing else, downhill." He smiles broadly.

Yup, that's lazy Dragon humor.

"I can attest to that, Udo-dono. There are fine samurai here." She hoped that, thus far, the feeling was mutual.

She perked her unscathed brow at him. "Downhill? That would be unfortunate, would it not?" She was unsure if the word had the meaning she thought it did.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:54 pm

"I can not speak for Matsu-san but in my case..." he pondered before shrugging slightly "well I don't know. As long as I can have an amicable relationship with my bride it will good."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"I can attest to that, Udo-dono. There are fine samurai here." She hoped that, thus far, the feeling was mutual.

She perked her unscathed brow at him. "Downhill? That would be unfortunate, would it not?" She was unsure if the word had the meaning she thought it did.

Udo nodded. "I can see why you'd think that, but when you are walking, downhill is much easier. Sorry, it's more of a mountain thing. It's hard for me to think of downhill as a bad thing."

"Anyway, it's just a little aside about how I hope it goes well for you." He pauses. "Tell me, what is the one thing to know when trying to ride a horse?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:03 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:"I can not speak for Matsu-san but in my case..." he pondered before shrugging slightly "well I don't know. As long as I can have an amicable relationship with my bride it will good."

"Well, that's a given. I don't think anyone comes to a miai with the plan to find a spouse they will absolutely detest?" the Hare jested. "Surely, Matsu-sama has preferences of some sort? A fierce warrior to accompany him perhaps, or a clever homemaker who will look after your house and children?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:05 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj nods, thinking intensely about gentle loving. It will remain Butaj's secret who is the heroine of these thoughts but it includes tickling by blowing dandelions.

"Butaj is grateful to Sayyeda Khulun for opening his eyes on these matters. It's not that he needs the knowledge right away, his wife is still far ahead to be his wife, but he will be happy with whatever guidance he can get on the matter."

She nods and looks at the gathered samurai and adds, “Family helps family, I will do what I can to aid my cousin in finding a good match and helping him be happy. I have big heart for mangy strays like you, but you are a good soul despite your birth.”

She folds her arms and says, “Tell me of this Scorpion you wish to wrestle tomorrow?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:06 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:Udo nodded. "I can see why you'd think that, but when you are walking, downhill is much easier. Sorry, it's more of a mountain thing. It's hard for me to think of downhill as a bad thing."

"Anyway, it's just a little aside about how I hope it goes well for you." He pauses. "Tell me, what is the one thing to know when trying to ride a horse?"

Yue blinked. "Sou desu ka," was all she had to say on the 'downhill' matter.

"Balance is key," was the first saying that came to mind. She wondered if he had something else in mind or if he was simply curious about horseback riding.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:Chi-Pu's eyes widen a little in surprise.

"That...That is certainly something I must consider then, Asako-san. In fact, there is a reason I am much older than most here. I have been putting off marriage for some time due to my duties as a leader to my sisters, and truth be told, was not something I wanted to give up..."

She raises a hand to her lips and taps the corner.

"I must speak with a superior about what is expected of me in carrying on my bloodline of course..."

Chi-Pu's features seem to have softened and she looks quite a bit more relaxed and happy than when she first began speaking with the Phoenix.

He inclined his head, smiling again. "It is a unique benefit of my situation. For the right woman, at least."

Politely, he asked, "Other than an ability to continue your path in the military, what were you hoping to find?"
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:15 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue blinked. "Sou desu ka," was all she had to say on the 'downhill' matter.

"Balance is key," was the first saying that came to mind. She wondered if he had something else in mind or if he was simply curious about horseback riding.

Udo looks at her curiously. "Balance is key in all things, no?"

He exhales audibly. "I apologize, when you spend your life with monks, you get into certain habits of speech. I hope you don't hold it against me." He feigns a smile. "I really was just looking to continue our conversation."

More info.
Togashi Udo

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center