Birds of a Feather... (LA, D1)

Birds of a Feather... (LA, D1)

Postby Kakita Nanami on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Kakita Nanami sat before one of the "generously" provided yurts, face shaded by the straw hat tucked on her head and fan waving rapidly to - unsuccessfully - fight the heat that had set in. She sighed, trying to ignore the near ever present scent of horse and looking at what vaguely passed for tea in this kami-forsaken corner of Rokugan. Maybe, she thought, it would have been better to lead her search to a less barbaric piece of the Empire.
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Re: Birds of a Feather... (LA, D1)

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:53 pm

It wasn't a long trek from one of the Crane yurts to another, so that was at least good. And they each had a sort of privacy, which was also good. Lots of fresh-ish air (aside from the pervading horse scent), which was probably healthy for her. Ameka worked to think positively. It was a difficult task under the circumstances, compared to what she was used to. She let out a sigh that devolved into a small cough. Just don't get sick, she told herself.

"Kakita-san...?" She said at the door. Ordinarily light tapping or scratching would be called for, but their... accommodations didn't make that easy.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Kakita Nanami on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:43 pm

The voice reached the Kakita's ears, "Ah, please enter." Nanami recognized the slight sounds that placed it as a member of her own clan, even though she couldn't quite place who it was - even if she didn't necessarily recognize who the speaker was.

A slight frown on her face, she hurriedly gathered a second tea cup and was already pouring as the other Crane entered.
Kakita Nanami

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:52 pm

The perfume upon her cherry blossoms upon a spring lake fan was trying to fight the horse scent....it really was. However, most Crane perfumes were geared towards delicately suggesting things. Perhaps the Crab had more tetsubo-like perfumes in their arsenal, but who but a Crab would want to wear it?

A slight ruffling of her fan announces the presence of a small doji in a blue kimono highlighted with silver lilies.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Ameka steps in, and no sooner does she than the second Doji arrives and so she bows to both of them. "Doji-san, Kakita-san, good afternoon," she greets politely. "I am Doji Ameka, of the Kakita Artisan School. It's an honor to meet both of you."

Doji Ameka

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:33 pm

This, of course, sets off a bow from the final Doji.

"Good afternoon, Doji-san, Kakita-san." she replies. "I am Doji Fukawa, of the Doji Courtier school. It is my honor to meet you two as well."

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Kakita Nanami on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:38 pm

The Kakita bows politely to both, "This one is Kakita Nanami of the Agasha Shugenja school." She retrieves a third cup and begins to pour tea for the other two Crane, "I must admit I am happy to discover I was not the only member of the clan to come to miai. It is a... breath of fresh air, ne?"
Kakita Nanami

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Fukawa wrinkles her nose behind her perfumed fan.

"The surroundings are certainly....free of distraction." she ventures. "One might almost call them beyond monastic with the lack of bathhouse."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:59 pm

"Fresh air as far as the eye can see," she noted noncommitally, before looking like she remembered something and pulling open a pouch attached to her obi. "Oh, I made a couple of things in case there were a few of our Clan." She draws out two cranes, crafted in sugar on sticks, each one rendered in careful detail.

"They're for each of you."

Doji Ameka

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:44 pm

Fukawa considers the pair from behind her fan.

"They are exquisite, Doji-san." she says, impressed with the artisan's work. "And you managed to get them all the way here without damage? Remarkable."

Fukawa shakes her head.

"I am honored by your gift, Doji-san, but surely you should give it to one of the Unicorn officials, to show both your skill and determination to help ensure your future." she says offering first refusal.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Kakita Nanami on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:02 am

"Indeed, Ameka-san, it is a lovely gift. I cannot accept a gift of such lovely craftsmanship for I am not worthy of it." The Kakita bowed slightly.
Kakita Nanami

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Ameka inclines her head toward each of them as she responds. "I have practice transporting them. For the Unicorn officials, I did some research and made miniatures of their own iconic animal. These are for my honored cousins." She looks toward Nanami. "I assure you that one of the rare shugenja of the Kakita is certainly worthy of a humble gift like this."

Doji Ameka

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:38 am

Fukawa nods.

"Ah, a wise maneuver, certainly Doji-san." she agrees. "Hopefully, the matchmakers are able to see your wisdom clearly."

She considers the candy, but shakes her head.

"Still, this is too fine a gift for me, Doji-san. Perhaps you should make an offering of it at the shrine of the Emerald Champion? Surely Kakita would look down from the Heavens for but a moment if offered such a fine example of your art." she says, offering the second rejection.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Kakita Nanami on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:50 am

The Kakita politely shook her head, "Still, I cannot accept such artisanship. Lacking the training of a true artisan, I could never truly appreciate the workmanship involved." Nanami had always been taught the necessity of the two refusals but pragmatism had also come to her in the Dragon lands; sometimes she questioned the need for it - but still, it was a tradition that needed to be followed.
Kakita Nanami

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:50 pm

"I will make some fresh from the supplies I brought with me and do so. Thank you for the kind suggestion, Doji-san," she agreed with a bow of her head. "But this one is yours."

"A full understanding isn't necessary. One doesn't need to fully understand the intricacies of how a sakura tree grows to appreciate the blossoms in the spring. I only hope that you will like it," she says to the Kakita.

Doji Ameka

Next

Return to Northern Yurts