(D1, LM) Important People Zone

(D1, LM) Important People Zone

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:08 pm

Having finished her morning meeting with her clanmates, Misa had made certain to have the things for tea brought and the room made as tidy as can be. She had sent the Otaku word that she would meet for a brunch of tea and talk, and Sanmi had made certain the letter was delivered. Now was just the wait.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Re: (D1, LM) Important People Zone

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:10 am

Not too late, but never too early, the Shiotome arrive. One stays at the door, and the other –– taller one –– greets the handmaiden so she could be guided towards the friendly Dragon Clan's representative for the miai. With her name announced, Kitakuhime waits until she's welcomed in.

At her back, she holds a small package wrapped in recently arranged paper she was able to purchase crossing the Scorpion provinces to her way here.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:26 am

Kitakuhime was guided in moment's later. Misa was standing as the shiotome entered, eyes open but unfocused. She gave a bow in the general direction of her guest and smiled.

"Otaku-sama, thank you for accepting my invitation, I am honored to have you as my guest. I am, as my letter said, Tonbo Misa, advisor to my daimyo. Please, won't you sit and join me?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:37 am

Oh... kuso. My gift...

Kitakuhime swallows dry a bit, and her hands clutch at her back, holding the gift she thought so mush in anticipation to deliver a friendly Dragon samurai.

What should I do? She might have no use to it. She might get offended. Still, it an important symbol. What matters is the intention. I'm sure she'll understand... maybe. I can't back up now.

A few steps forward, and the Otaku heir bows honorably. "It is indeed me, Otaku Kitakuhime. Thank you for the invitation. I am deeply honored to meet yet another friendly Dragon samurai. Has Inari-kami blessed Tonbo-sama with sustenance this morning?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:55 am

As Kitakuhime spoke, Misa's Gaze seemed to find a better alignment onto her guest, her smile warm. "He has been kind, Hai. I pray you too have broken your night's fast with rice or whatever else."

She sat slowly as Sanmi motioned Kitakuhime to her own seat.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:14 am

Kitakuhime sits and suggested and nods, confirming, "Hai, Tonbo-sama. The Fortunes have been very kind to me this morning. I could partake in a meal with my fellow Battle Maidens as soon as I arrived."

She looks around for a while, and chuckles a bit, elegantly adding, "It is strange that this is now Unicorn land, and yet, feels much more than that with all the Clans united. We are thankful to the Dragon. My Family, specially."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:11 am

After helping the guest sit, Misa's servant started bringing over a pot, some cups, and a whisk, arranging things as the two spoke. "The Dragon are grateful as well to receive back the children and followers of Shinjo-Kami. I am unfamiliar with the story of your own namesake, just as I know Tonbo would be new to your clan, unless we were mentioned in passing.
All the more reason for hosting you however."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:50 pm

She shakes her head negatively, "Un. The Tonbo are not familiar to us. We have heard stories of the Togashi and Mirumoto, mainly. I recognize the same goes the other way. We, the Otaku Family, as descendants of the most first –– and I dare say: most devoted –– samurai Shinjo-kami had at her side. The Silent Thunder, as others have described her."

This is so nice. I hope it is tea ceremony!

The girl looks at the cups and, imagining what would be done there, she opens a wide grin. "We follow her steps, adhere to her values and contribute with some of our own. During all these years, the tenants of Bushido have not been forgotten. They have been passed over through generations of Battle Maidens... such as myself."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:30 pm

Misa gave a small smile of her own, though her gaze was still off to the side a bit from Kitakuhime. "There are certainly small records of your founder from the time before she left with Shinjo-kami, but I look forward to learning more about the traditions and practices you have learned these many years outside the borders of Rokugan."

As Sanmi finished setting things up, the Dragon started her work. There was a bit of feeling before each step, as if to make certain everything was where it was supposed to be and in good shape, but for the most part she was certain in her actions as she went about preparing tea, talking as she did so. "Sanmi tells me you are very lovely Otaku-sama, and I have heard you have an important position within your family and clan. Surely a strong lovely woman like you will have many interested in courting you this miai."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:12 am

"Are there?" Her interest peaks a bit with her voice, "I would be honored to read them. Otaku-shiryo's poems have been recited for centuries. She didn't leave with Shinjo-no-kami. It was her daughter, Otaku Shiko. The Silent Thunder died honorably protecting Isawa from our greatest enemy."

A hint of a blush warm up her cheeks and she compliments back, "Sanmi-san is being too gentle. And tonbo-sama does me too much honor. I am heir to the Otaku. Perhaps, one day, I might lead the family as my aunt does. That remains to be seen. If the Fortunes will that I become worthy of it."

She giggles a bit, "There are a few... I'm sure Tonbo-sama experiences the same amount of attention, neh?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:51 am

Misa paused in her preparations a moment to offer a faint, warm smile. "I apologize for getting the history wrong, but all the more to learn. I am not one to retract my compliments. A woman is not made great by her titles and position, but input into such by her greatness. You will not lead well by chance, but by who and what you already are Otaku-sama."

As she continued preparing the tea in her calm, precise way, her head tilted thoughtfully. "As for my own state of affairs, I could not tell you. None have approached me seeking to know me yet, and I cannot say how I look, for good or ill." She gave a playful little smirk, clearly quite comfortable with poking at her own disability.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:58 am

Kitakuhime dares to approach just a little more, adjusting her pillow to line up with where Misa was directing herself to, "Enjoy the freedom. I'm sure when other hear of your beauty, we'll have to urge that Ide Dabo-sama place more guards at the front of that door."

Benefitting from the approach, she takes a moment to inspect all the utensils with her eyes, one by one. "No need to apologize Tonbo-sama, we carry her spirit in our hearts. I hope I can honor this blessing when the time comes."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:17 am

"You will, of that I have no doubt." Misa nodded softly, her smile showing the sincerity of her belief. After a moment more of silence as she worked, she finally finished giving Kitakuhime her cup carefully. It wasn't Misa's best cup ever, but few could say such for such a well put together ceremony.

Misa at least took a small sip and nodded with her gentle smile. "Mmm... if I am beautiful as Otaku-sama says, then it's because of Sanmi's hard work for me. Still, I would not keep guards to keep anyone away, if it came to that. There is always more tea to share, more to learn."
Last edited by Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:12 pm

"There's no doubt Sanmi-san's skills are great. I'm positive Benten-kami had her own helping hand, also." Kitakuhime politely accepts the tea, trying to remember the proper procedure the Ide had taught her a few months ago.

"Tonbo-sama is right. The more we learn, the better we serve. If you allow me, I would like to ask you a question."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:16 am

Misa showed Kitakuhime the proper form as she lifted her cup for a sip from it. Sanmi flushed from the compliment to her skill as her mistress did so. As the cup was placed back down, Misa looked at peace. "A question? But of course Otaku-sama. Ask whatever you wish."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms