The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Shimizu Ryori wrote:
Moto Khulun wrote:Khulun finishes her food and just folds her arms watching him leave before nodding to her cousin and then taking a seat with the Lion. She pours more kumis for them both and says, “Foul company needs good drink to forget their presence.”

“So what do you feed your lion?”

He smiles "meat, preferably fresh but she is making do with your cooked stuff"

He takes the drink and sips this one.

"Can I feed her?" she says excitedly.

"We can get fresh meat! A Mighty killer like her deserves the best."
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:09 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:...

Hanashi nodded along for a bit. "The Ikoma, Asako, Kitsune and Otomo, you say? I'll have to see about talking to them, thank you Usagi-sama."

He shrugs then. "It is the duty given to me, so it will be done, whether I agree with it or not."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:09 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo looks thoughtful, "I believe they do. However, some practitioners use primarily herbs and I am sure there is one useful to settling the stomach. Though it is not difficult to withstand the pain, I would want to be at my best for any events tomorrow. For as Akodo says, 'Focus is the key to victory. Know your strengths and weaknesses, focus on them, and you can achieve victory in the face of any hardship.' I wish to ensure my focus is keen and ready for the days to come."

Plus if this continues I may do something unladylike and expel wind. I can feel mother's glare from here at the thought.

"Akodo has great wisdom it seems. I would like to read his 'Leadership' someday. It sounds very insightful for martial matters."

Chi-Pu finishes the last of her tea and looks to the banquet again.

"It seems everyone is getting along well. This is good! The first shared meal can determine relations for years between groups of people. I am quite happy with this outcome."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:54 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:"What is the reason for that, Mantis-san?" she asked, raising her left brow. "Do you not respect Endurance as much as you might fierceness?"

"Eh... I guess it has to do with the places you usually find them?"
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:56 pm

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:...

There was a lot of sympathy in her expression. Not that Tomoe could relate exactly to have Hanashi might feel, but she could understand the feeling of being resigned to duty.

"I am fairly certain there is a high-ranking Kitsune in attendance, from what I heard. Besides, the Kitsune are the descendants of Shinjo's followers who remained in Rokugan, so I'm certain he'll be happy to accomodate you." Her tone turned cheerful, trying to turn the topic into something brighter. It was a festive occassion, right?

"It's really been enjoyable to chat with you, Shinjo-san." Much more than those two Moto. Blegh. "I hope we get the chance to see more of eachother in the coming days, and that I get to meet more of kin."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:09 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"Eh... I guess it has to do with the places you usually find them?"

"On the ground?" she asked, hiding a smile behind her taciturn expression.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:17 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo looks thoughtful, "I believe they do. However, some practitioners use primarily herbs and I am sure there is one useful to settling the stomach. Though it is not difficult to withstand the pain, I would want to be at my best for any events tomorrow. For as Akodo says, 'Focus is the key to victory. Know your strengths and weaknesses, focus on them, and you can achieve victory in the face of any hardship.' I wish to ensure my focus is keen and ready for the days to come."

Plus if this continues I may do something unladylike and expel wind. I can feel mother's glare from here at the thought.

"Akodo has great wisdom it seems. I would like to read his 'Leadership' someday. It sounds very insightful for martial matters."

Chi-Pu finishes the last of her tea and looks to the banquet again.

"It seems everyone is getting along well. This is good! The first shared meal can determine relations for years between groups of people. I am quite happy with this outcome."

Kogo nods. "I have brought my copy of Leadership with me, if you wish to borrow it. I find it makes for an educational read at most any time."

Kogo follows her gaze. "It does appear auspicious. Hopefully we have many more days and nights like this. Are feasts of great import to the Unicorn clan?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:44 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:
"Perhaps," Saksaha allows. "Although I am sent here to find a husband, not a sensei. It seems to me it is not good to mix the two too closely."

She sets her chopsticks down and rises a little on her knees to get a better view of the table's contents, successfully finding a wooden bowl with a ladle, filled with an opaque creamy liquid which she draws back toward herself and Taira. "You must try the kumis before you can understand arkhi... Scorpion-san?" she says, belatedly taking notice of his colors and insignia. "Kumis is the mother of arkhi. The gentle mother. To make the arkhi it's distilled, with a fire and a cold basin... I am sure your people must have something similar. Only made of rice, or something." Her voice is a mix of confident and vaguely doubtful.

Taking up the ladle, she transfers some of the kumis into an empty cup and slides it toward him.

Taira listened quietly, nodding, and then provided, as she asked, "Soshi Taira. Indeed of the Scorpion. You are... Iuchi-san?"

As she offered the bowl he took it carefully, examining the liquid with a curious gaze.

After a moment he put the bowl to his lips and drank.

Then he set it back down, and said, simply, "It is rather strongly flavored, isn't it? I imagine it takes getting used to."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:13 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:..."
"Is that what the Kitsune are? Haven't had much of a chance to learn as of yet. Will certainly need to talk to him, thank you."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:45 pm

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:She blinked slowly and shook her head No.

"I've never had a need, to be perfectly honest. I'm an agile sort, on my better days," she added with a small smirk then.

"It's not always about need," he replies. "Sometimes it's just about want. It's a fun and exciting experience, even after all the years I've ridden."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:51 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo nods. "I have brought my copy of Leadership with me, if you wish to borrow it. I find it makes for an educational read at most any time."

Kogo follows her gaze. "It does appear auspicious. Hopefully we have many more days and nights like this. Are feasts of great import to the Unicorn clan?"

"I couldn't take your only extra copy, there might be many more who want to read it."

Chi-Pu glances around the banquet again.

"I wouldn't say of great import, but sharing a meal is always considered something special. Is it not the same here?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:58 am

Soshi Taira wrote:Taira listened quietly, nodding, and then provided, as she asked, "Soshi Taira. Indeed of the Scorpion. You are... Iuchi-san?"

As she offered the bowl he took it carefully, examining the liquid with a curious gaze.

After a moment he put the bowl to his lips and drank.

Then he set it back down, and said, simply, "It is rather strongly flavored, isn't it? I imagine it takes getting used to."

"Iuchi Saksaha," she confirms with a slight nod when Taira guesses at her family name. Then she helps herself to half a cup of kumis along with him, as nobody ought to drink alone.

"Does it? It is mother's milk to most of us. Well, mare's milk, truthfully, but the horses of our Clan are also like our aunts and cousins." She licks a stray drop of the stuff from her upper lip, not remembering to hide this undignified action with her hand or sleeve. "If you have a bowl of kumis, you're halfway to a meal. That is one thing you can't say of this sake, sweet though it is."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:56 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:
Kitsune Kumahime wrote:The question takes a moment to process, and when it clicks, the Fox can't help but laugh. "We are all friends here! Except when we're not. Politics is politics and my clan tends to stay away from them when we can. But if you want an interesting challenge, or just an interesting story, seek out some of those smaller schools."

Liu Yue blushed slightly and raised her fan to conceal her embarrassment and in case any urges to vomit came back. "Sou desu ka." She scanned the crowd lightly, as best as her good eye could serve her, before turning back to the bear of a woman. "Are there others of smaller schools, as you put it, present? I must admit you have peaked my curiosity. I would enjoy speaking to them, and yourself, in the coming days."

Kumahime shrugs. "I don't know anyone else here, except my cousin, Kitsune Takeo-sama and even he, I do not know well. But that is why we're here, ne? Get to know each other."

She takes a bite of scallop, slowly savoring it now that she's nearly had her fill. "Oh, that is good." She casts a look towards Yue's still considerable amount of food.
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:59 am

Asako Yuki wrote:With both the Bayushi and the Moto gone, Yuki stood there awkwardly for several seconds before turning to look at Otaku Kitakuhime once again. "Your clanmate... seems... interesting?"

Kitakuhime frowns a bit at the whole discussion, and doesn't get a chance to interrupt her clanmate before the damage is done. She looks back to Yuki and almost shrugs, maintaining her cool, "Moto Khulun-san. She's one of our fiercest warriors."

Is Kuhlun-san saw protecting me from something I didn't see? Anyhow, lack of courtesy is not acceptable. I'll have to talk with her and make amendments.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:08 am

Kitsune Kumahime wrote:Kumahime shrugs. "I don't know anyone else here, except my cousin, Kitsune Takeo-sama and even he, I do not know well. But that is why we're here, ne? Get to know each other."

She takes a bite of scallop, slowly savoring it now that she's nearly had her fill. "Oh, that is good." She casts a look towards Yue's still considerable amount of food.

"Sou desu ka." The Unicorn took that as a cue for her to take another bite from her food, again small. "Have you met any men that you favor highly, Kumahime-dono?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center