Mapping Out the Day (D1, EM Open)

Re: Mapping Out the Day (D1, EM Open)

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:49 am

Yuuru chuckled again through his nose a bit, "I suppose I could see how one would think that. But no, he's not my brother. This is the first time we're meeting as well."

He then smiled in response to Butaj's second comment, "I suppose so. Better to be friends than enemies neh? Perhaps we can have a bout of wrestling sometime as friends?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:55 am

"Ha, wrestling excites Butaj! But Butaj expects something official will happen later today, so maybe tomorrow, sometime before sundown. What say you?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:05 am

"I say, that's a good idea Moto-san." He said with a smile.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:12 am

Taira chuckled, and waved a hand vaguely, "No, I'm afraid I couldn't. I'm still getting settled in. Perhaps on a later day I might be able to see how the Unicorn wrestle."

Tucking his hands in his sleeves, he added, with a faint smile. "It is true that we must look alike to you, but in the empire you'll find we all have a little in common."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:07 pm

"You mean you've intermarried so much that your blood is mingled?"

Butaj says curiously, then halts Huludai and jumps off the saddle, then extends his hand for a handshake to Yuuru first.

"Ha! Wrestle Butaj well and he will say good word about you to my kinswomen."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:09 pm

Yuuru looks down from his tree branch at the extended hand curiously, "You'd like me to come down?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:18 pm

"Butaj has come down for a handshake. This is how we greet." The Moto explains incredulously.

Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:19 pm

"Hand-shake? As in you..." He shakes his hand in the air at a distance. "Do this at each other?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:23 pm

"You don't know handshakes?" Butaj starts laughing, but without malice. "How can you share an honest greeting then!"

Butaj takes his hand away for a moment and extends it to Taira.

"Can you show your kinsman how it needs to be done?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Yuuru chuckled, "If he can I'll be most surprised. It's not something we do around here."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Taira opened his mouth to answer the 'in breeding' comment, and then closed it as the rambuntious man plowed on.

And now a hand was pointed at him.

Taira looked at it with a sort of cheerful bemusement, before extending his own, holding it out at the same angle the Unicorn did.

"Like this?"
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:25 am

"Yes, like this, ha!" The no less cheerful Moto grips the Scorpion's mid-forearm, well above wrist, expecting the same to be done to his. His touch is friendly, confident, firm, but not violent and certainly not clumsy. Through the grip Butaj indicates what kind of handshake is expected with agile guidance as he looks straight at Taira. "A handshake is more honest than a smile. Butaj can often tell real friend from false friend through handshake."

Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:59 am

Yuuru chuckled, "Oh? And how is that?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Taira tensed at first, but once it was clear the man didn't intend harm, he grasped it back, and completed the motion. His grip was surprisingly strong for such a tall and gangly man. It was an... odd... experience, and he raised an eyebrow.

"It certainly is very... forward. I think there are some who would be quite shocked. We often bow as greeting, in the Empire, though I suppose you could get an estimate of a man's grip, if naught else."

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:14 pm

"Grip can tell much. There are those who can pretend an honest grip, but not many. If the grip is sleazy, the man is sleazy. Yours is good. Besides, gripping hands don't reach for swords."

Butaj then steps away and tries to bow.

"You've shown Butaj respect and Butaj is showing it to you. The Unicorn are forward, but forthcoming. Those who can take forward and treat us fair can be out friends."

Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields